TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Tom brady= most undeserving mvp ever.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

How in the hect do they justify this one?

The defense and special teams won the game.

Tom Brady? Did he even make 150 yards passing?

Guest Steveweiser

I voted for Vinatieri, I mean he made the play that won the Superbowl after all, I know it was Brady that got them within range and all, but it was Vinatieri's boot that gave the Pats those points, so why the hect they gave the MVP to Brady, who was caned all night by Warner (admittedly, Brady didn't throw any interceptions), I have no idea...

Guest Tony149

I figured Brady would win the MVP if New England won. I also would of given it to the Field Goal kicker. Most of the time, if not all the time, since I haven't looked it up, the MVP is a player who plays offense. I think the last time a a guy who played defense won the MVP was in Super Bowl XXX (30) where Larry Brown won it for the Cowboys (I think).

Guest El Hijo Del Lunatic

Well, let's see ... you've got a second-year quarterback in the biggest game of his life.  He's got 90 seconds on the clock, and no timeouts.  And he marched the Pats right down the field.  He played a smart game, and did nothing to lose the game - which is exactly what the Pats needed to win.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Ray Lewis won it last year.

He was just taken off of the promotional stuff...cause he ain't no role model.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

"Well, let's see ... you've got a second-year quarterback in the biggest game of his life.  He's got 90 seconds on the clock, and no timeouts.  And he marched the Pats right down the field.  He played a smart game, and did nothing to lose the game - which is exactly what the Pats needed to win. "

Right.  And if the defense hadn't played as well as they had, he could have had the ball with 90 seconds left...and been down by 40.

Right.  And if the defense hadn't played as well as they had, he could have had the ball with 90 seconds left...and been down by 40.

Yeah, but that wasn't the result of ONE player.  Everyone on that defense played well.  You can't single out Ty Law, even with his pick-six, because the rest of the secondary played just as well on the other receivers.  Besides, at least half of the Rams' problems were because of Bill Bellichek and his defensive schemes.  The defense played very well, but Brady was the gamebreaker.  I can't say enough about a quarterback with that much poise in that situation.  Not many Super Bowls come down to situations like that, and it's important to realize what it takes to respond.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

How can they single out Brady?

he threw 1 TD.

And on the last drive?

He completed a few passes by throwing them 2 yards each...the recievers did all the work to get yardage, and out of bounds..

The offense played good enough to not lose...the defense played good enough to win.

Ty Law or Adam Vinatieri deserved it ALOT more.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

Special Teams were good too.  Rams were backed up the entire game until the final drive.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

The defense kept the Rams out of the endzone until the 4th quarter...they deserve some kind of a medal for that alone.

Guest hardyz1

Someone on the defense deserved it, but I couldn't single out one guy, MAYBE Ty Law.

I figured it would be co-MVPs Brady and Vinateri.

Guest LooseCannon

I was shocked when Brady won it.  I figured it would have to be someone on the defense, or maybe Vinateri.  But Brady? Come on.  The defense won that game.

He completed a few passes by throwing them 2 yards each...the recievers did all the work to get yardage, and out of bounds..

Meaning he made the right reads and didn't force anything down the field.  He made adjustments, went to safety valves when he felt pressure, didn't make a bad throw.  The play where Brady recognized the blitz, and immediately just rolled out of the pocket and fired the ball out of bounds showed me he knew exactly what to do in that situation, and that he was in charge of the game for the final two minutes.  Not too many QB's can take on a two-minute drill like that.  QB's that can do that consistently (Favre, Elway, Montana) are made the stuff of legends.

The offense played good enough to not lose...the defense played good enough to win.

No, the defense played good enough to get the game to 17-17 with 90 seconds left.  While that's very good defense, if Tom Brady doesn't march them down the field into field goal range, the game goes into overtime with the Rams having all the momentum.  The MVP of the game goes to the single player who makes the most impact on the game; that's Tom Brady.  It's NOT Adam Vinatieri (though he's probably the closest), and NOT anybody on the defense (because they played TEAM defense.  You can't single out Ty Law's pick-six without acknowledging the pressure they got on Warner with the front four.)

Guest Eraser2K2

I completely agree with El Hijo.  Tom Brady was hands down the Most Valuable Player in the Super Bowl.  When the Patriots got the ball back, no one thought they should try to win the game - even Madden.  But Brady, with the poise that El Hijo mentioned, proved EVERYONE wrong, and the Patriots won.  Drew Bledsoe, in that situation, doesn't lead the Patriots to victory.  To give Vinatieri the MVP award is just stupid.  He was out on the field for maybe a minute.  That field goal he kicked in the end wasn't even that big.  It was normal length for him, in a dome.  He had been doing that all year.  The defense was great, yeah, but just like they came out, that defense played as a team.  No one stands out on it, like Ray Lewis last year.  Brady as MVP was an easy choice.

Guest Choken One

In the world Series, Gonzo was not named MVP even though he made the clutch hit, it was Curt Schilling and Randy Johnson, the ones who controled the tempo of the games. Same thing here with Brady, he made the right moves in the biggest game of his life at such an young and inexpirenced point. Besides, He said he'd share the MVP Car with the rest of the guys.  "Team Car".

Guest Silvpak

TY LAW, end of story.  Aside from the non-cachet of a defensive back being named mvp......*8 tackles, an INT return for a TD, and total shutdown of the Rams' most dangerous receiver.

Law *totally* deserved it.  Plus, I was at a superbowl party with a bunch of U of Michigan alums......Tom Brady was like the second coming of Christ at that place.

TY LAW, end of story.  Aside from the non-cachet of a defensive back being named mvp......*8 tackles, an INT return for a TD, and total shutdown of the Rams' most dangerous receiver.

Willie McGinest had four tackles, 1 16-yard sack, and numerous pressures.  Richard Seymour brought just as much pressure from the other side, had 4 tackles, and a 7-yard sack.  

Law *totally* deserved it.  Plus, I was at a superbowl party with a bunch of U of Michigan alums......Tom Brady was like the second coming of Christ at that place.

Yeah, dumb Michigan alums.  Where did they think Ty Law went to school?  OHIO STATE?

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Willie McGinnest?  Didn't he almost cost them the game by holding Faulk?

Ty Law played a great game...an MVP caliber game.

Brady did not.  He played a less effective game than Dilfer the year before.  Dilfer wasn't MVP.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

The Defense won that game for Baltimore, just like the defense won for the Pats.

Bledsoe led a great drive the week before where he completed passes on three third and longs...don't presume to know what Bledsoe would have done.

Brady is the benefit of a good running game and a great defense.

What happened the last time Bledsoe had a running game?  

SuperBowl.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

I'm sorry.  You were right.  For some reason I thought Dilfer had a great game.  I just checked the stats and he had Brady like numbers.

Guest Army Eye

btw do you think we'll ever get an explanation as to why those last two seconds ticked off the clock after Vinatieri's field goal?

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

That 2 second thing pissed me off to.

I'm sure that the NFL wanted it to end with the kick...but if I were the Rams...I wouldn't have left the field.

They had 2 seconds...and an opportunity to run back the kickoff (or if the Pats kicked it out of bounds a hail mary) to win the game.

Guest Eraser2K2

Yes, Drew Bledsoe did complete a good drive in the second quarter against the Steelers.  Then, in the second half, he went 7 for 18 for 66 yards and led the Patriots to just a field goal.  With the same running game Brady had.  Not very good numbers.

Also, there is no way in the Super Bowl that a team will run back a game winning kickoff with 2 seconds left.  It just will not happen, ever.  Thats a moot point.

Guest Eraser2K2

Not same thing.  Super Bowl, Divisional Playoff.  Stakes are just a little bit higher.  Besides, the Music City Miracle was all because of a forward pass, it never should have happened.

Guest Troy Maskell

If you don't give it to the D and you don't give it to Vinateri what about Antowain Smith if he hadn't established himself Brady had precisely jack to work with the ONLY reason Brady was able to work the ball into field goal range was that the Rams D choked pure and simple the marking was absoulutely shocking they let didn't blitz Brady and just let him wait for someone on their D to screw up one drive does not make an MVP

Guest Army Eye
Not same thing.  Super Bowl, Divisional Playoff.  Stakes are just a little bit higher.  Besides, the Music City Miracle was all because of a forward pass, it never should have happened.

wtf are you saying?  The bills let the Music City Miracle happen because it was only a divisional playoff game?

Of course it's possible to run it back for a touchdown.  Rams got screwed.