TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chunk

Best wwf shows? What are they?

As you will know, silvervision are selling off all of their wwF tapes and DVD's at half price, due to the wildlife fund ruling.

I have bought a good few, and my collection of wwf tapes now includes:

PPV’s and Complete Shows:

No Mercy 2002

Unforgiven 2002

Summer Slam 2002

Wrestlemania XVIII (18)

Royal Rumble 2002

Vengeance 2001

Survivor Series 2001

Rebellion 2001

No Mercy 2001

Unforgiven 2001

Summer Slam 2001

Invasion 2001

King of the Ring 2001

Judgement day 2001

Insurrextion 2001

Wrestlemania XVII (17) DVD

No Way Out 2001

Royal Rumble 2001

Armageddon 2000

Rebellion 2000

No Mercy 2000

Unforgiven 2000

Fully Loaded 2000

Insurrextion 2000

Backlash 2000

Wrestlemaina 2000

No Way Out 2000

Royal Rumble 2000

No Mercy 1999

Unforgiven 1998

Wrestlemania XIII (13)

Canadian Stampede

Survivor Series 1996

Wrestlemania XII (12)

Wrestlemania X (10)

Wrestlemania IX (9)

Summer Slam 1992

Survivor Series 1992

Royal Rumble 1992

Survivor Series 1991

Wrestlemania V (5)

Wrestlemania III (3)

Wrestlemania 1 (1)

WWE Biographies and Documentaries:

WWF: Wrestlemania: “The Greatest Hits”

WWF: “Hardcore”

WWF: “Wrestling Super Heroes”

WWF: “Eve of destruction”

WWF: “Wild in the UK”

WWF: “Viewers choice – best of 2001”

Chris Jericho: “Break down the walls”

TLC: “Tables, Ladders and Chairs”

Steve Austin: “Lord of the Ring”

Hulk Hogan’s Rock ’n’ Wrestling Volume 1 (Cartoon)

Wrestling Superstars: Before they were famous

Anyway, the reason for this post is that I still have some money left to spend and im really not sure what to get. I have bought every thing that I have a preference for, and so would like anyones input into any classic shows that are missing from my collection that I should definetly get before they are no longer available. I am also interested in compilations, focuses on wrestlers and best of's etc.

I have posted this message in this folder, as the viewers in this folder will know more about WWF, and this question could just as wll be "What are the best shows ever?" rather than "Which tapes should I get?"

Thanks in advance for the help,

ChUnK!

Guest ISportsFan

SummerSlam 2000, Judgment Day 2000, SummerSlam 1991, WrestleMania 8 (VIII) at least.

Jason

Guest BAR

Well, my favourite WWF show is IYH16, but you've got that. You need SummerSlam 1994, for the cage match. How about Shawn Michaels 'Hits From The Heartbreak Kid' I think it's been deleted already but it's got the classic Kliq tag match from 30/10/94. I'm not sure if this one's gone already but Monday Night Raw - Prime Cuts has my favourite Raw match of all time Perfect vs. Flair. Erm, WrestleMania VIII is probably my favourite WrestleMania, get that. It's got the classic Bret/Piper match and another classic, Savage/Flair. My favourite WWF matches (not my all time favourites) of all time are...

1. Owen Hart vs. Bret Hart - WrestleMania X

2. Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin - Survivor Series 1996

3. Randy Savage vs. Ricky Steamboat - WrestleMania III

4. Razor Ramon vs. Shawn Michaels - WrestleMania X

5. Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart - SummerSlam 1994

Those aren't my top 5 favourite matches, just my favourite WWF/E matches, hope they help.

Guest wwefan4ever_brethartrulz_18

I'd get King of the Ring '93 or '96, both have historical value.

SummerSlam 2000 is one of my favourite shows ever, with the awsome TLC match, a great main event and a 2 out of 3 between Jericho and Benoit.

I also loved 1998 PPV's, so you might consider WrestleMania 14, King of the Ring '98 or Summerslam '98, three great shows.

I don't have much to spend so I got Fab 4 from Amazon.

thanks for all the help, i was thinking about getting some stuff with the best matches of the dinamite kid and the british bulldogs. what shows would cover that?

Guest jm29195

Try to get one night only from uk events- it'll be 4 quid and it's got Davey Boy Smith's last decent singles match on it plus decent Vader/Owen, Bret/Undertaker, Dude/HHH

silvervision videos won't work in the us because they are pal and only work in Europe

Try buying in your house 5 and King of the Ring 96 for good Bulldog headliner matches

Unforgiven 99 has Bulldogs last entertaining match of any sort on it

That Silvervision sale is helluva good

Ijust brought:-

IYH Final Four

IYH 5

Summerslam 96 and 97

Wrestlemanias 12 and 13

Fully Loaded 98

Undertaker the phenom

HHH and Chyna it's ouir time

one Night Only

Canadian Stampede

Degeneration X

IYH 2

Survivor Series 95 and 97

all for under 100 quid!!

Oh yeah I also brought a ppv called No Mercy 1999 but it was listed as a uk event, is this just a mistake or did a No Mercy take place in England and what was on it?

Guest kingkamala

A No Mercy took place in England in May of 1999n but it was a UK only PPV.

The card was...

Tiger Ali Singh pinned Gillberg (1:05).(Ugh)

Farooq, Bradshaw, & Viscera beat Gangrel, Edge, & Christian (13:49) when Bradshaw pinned Gangrel. (Surprisingly good about **1/2-**3/4)

Steve Blackman beat Droz (7:53) via submission.(don't remember this match)

Kane beat Mideon (4:36) via DQ.(YEARGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH)

Nicole Bass pinned Tori (0:27).(Squasharoonie)

WWF European Champ Shane McMahon pinned X-Pac (8:21).(Better then there Wrestlemania XV match in my opinion about ***-***1/4)

Billy Gunn pinned Mankind (11:27).( Wicked boring brawl)

WWF World Champ Steve Austin beat The Undertaker and Hunter Hearst Helmsley (15:07) in an "anything goes triangle" match when he pinned Helmsley.(Boring boring BORING match)

Overall unless your a Russo era mark I wouldn't get the tape but whatever floats your boat

Guest jm29195

D'OH I've already brought it but at least I finally get to see a GILLBERG match!!!

Guest kingkamala

Well the Ministry Vs The Brood is decent and so is Shane McMahon Vs X-Pac but other then that you wasted your hard earned money :bonk:

Guest jm29195

Ah well it was only 4 pounds, but how the hell did Mideon get to have a mtach with Kane and Billy Gunn with Mankind- Weren't Foley and Kane considered legit main eventers back then and Mideon and Gunn definitely aren't/weren't????

What about Dinamit Kid Singles matches? Which show scould i get with classic matches from him on them.

thanks for all the help by the way, much appreciated.

Guest jm29195

There's a very early Colliseum video called 'The British Bulldogs' which (not suprisingly has some devent dynamite kid stuff on it. Some matches I remeber include their match from Wrestlemania 2 and also Bret Hart vs Dynamite Kid. I don't think this is available on the website anymore but I was lucky and picked it up through second hand for 1.50.

I don't really think wwf ever really showcased any really good Dynamite Kid stuff so you'll have to look at some old Japan compilations for that - try to find anything with him vs Tiger Mask, they are supposed to be v good!

Guest BAR
What about Dinamit Kid Singles matches? Which show scould i get with classic matches from him on them.

thanks for all the help by the way, much appreciated.

Dynamite didn't have any 'classic' singles matches in the WWF, but if they still sell the British Bulldogs comp, that's worth getting.

Guest The Old Me

I'd go with WM 8. Flair vs Savage plus the return of the Ultimate Nimrod and Hart vs Piper.

Guest teke184

Judgement Day 2000,

Unforgiven 1999

Summerslam 1998

Over the Edge 1998

Final Four

Beware of Dog

Wrestlemania 8

This Tuesday in Texas (just for Savage-Roberts)

Survivor Series 1988 (just for the 20-man tag match)

Survivor Series 1987 (ditto)

Guest DJ Jeff

I'd recommend to get Wrestlemania 14, Wrestlemania 15, and SummerSlam 2000. Those are 3 of my all-time favorite PPVs, since I started watching back in 1998.

Thanks guys,

Im still open to more suggestions if anyone has them, but that should be enough to Max out my credit card for now. :)

Cheers,

ChUnK!

Guest kingkamala
Ah well it was only 4 pounds, but how the hell did Mideon get to have a mtach with Kane and Billy Gunn with Mankind- Weren't Foley and Kane considered legit main eventers back then and Mideon and Gunn definitely aren't/weren't????

Billy Gunn was one month away from winning KOTR and fresh off a heel turn so maybe that's why he fought Foley but why Mideon fought Kane....how the hell should I know?

Guest BAR

Billy Gunn was one month away from winning KOTR and fresh off a heel turn so maybe that's why he fought Foley but why Mideon fought Kane....how the hell should I know?

Because it's the UK, and the WWF/E simply don't give a fuck.

BAR => I checked out that 100% pur Dynamite comp, and its actually 3 tapes! for £12! Which seems like a really good deal to me. So my wallet has recovered from the bashing that silvervision is giving it, i will definelty try and get that comp.

Thanks very much for the tip.

ChUnK! :)

Guest BAR
BAR => I checked out that 100% pur Dynamite comp, and its actually 3 tapes! for £12! Which seems like a really good deal to me. So my wallet has recovered from the bashing that silvervision is giving it, i will definelty try and get that comp.

Thanks very much for the tip.

ChUnK! :)

He says it 3 tapes but it actually 2. Still, I'd recommend it morethan any WWF/E tape I have.

Guest kingkamala
Because it's the UK, and the WWF/E simply don't give a fuck.

Well yes......yes that too.

Thanks for all the help. I still have a few questions that someone may be able to help me with.

Ive decided to get the Foley Hardknocks and cheap pops DVD,

But im not sure weather to get the Best of Raw DVD. It is volumes 1 and 2 combined for £12.50 and has over 7 hours of footage. Im not sure if it is worth not spending the money on a ppv tape for, and getting this instead (if you see what i mean).

Is this DVD any good, and how many volumes of "the best of raw" are there?

Also, does anyone know if the "three faces of Foley DVD" is any good, bearing in mind im going to get the hard knocks and cheap pops one?

I still have a little bit of money left, so im still open to other suggestions of good shows missing from my collection.

Many thanks,

ChUnK!