TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Smues

Opening Ps2

Guest Smues

Ok, my ps2 stopped reading everything besides DVDs. It reads DVD's and ps2 dvd's just fine, but won't play audio cd's, ps1 games, or ps2 non dvd-roms. I've already sent this thing into the sony shop in the past for other repairs and I'd really rather not give them more of my money. Does anyon know how to open up the damn thing so I can look and see if it's just something simple like a loose wire?

Guest Homeless Kyle

Hey,

sorry to hear you PS2 is messed up. A similar thing happened to one of my friends, except his wouldn't read DVD's. It would play the games but would not play any DVD's. We were gonna take it apart and look but a guy at a gaming store told us that if we were caught he could lose his warranty. Personally I think he was tlkaing out of his ass just to get some business.

Guest RetroRob215

Thats weird, mine plays PS2 games, DVD's, CD's, but it doesn't play PS1 games.

Guest MikeSharp12
We were gonna take it apart and look but a guy at a gaming store told us that if we were caught he could lose his warranty. Personally I think he was tlkaing out of his ass just to get some business.

He probably wasn't.  The rule with most things that have a warranty is that if you start tampering with it (opening it, getting a mod-chip, etc.), the warranty is trash.

And to the original poster, did you ever think about taking it back to where it was purchased?