TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Do you think the wwf should have bought...

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Do you think that the WWF should have bought a SuperBowl commercial?

They did it once before...and I know that they were 2 mil this year, but...

Do you think they should have bought one and announced to the world that the NWO was coming back?

That way all the old WCW fans watching would get interested...and the casual fans might have too.

Guest Tony149

I don't know. The "Attitude" commerical in 1999 really helped them, but the ones in 2000 were useless, IMO. I guess they could of done something like that to get the word out nation-wide, but they probably should start saving the money.

Guest EI Cubano

I think if they even considered buying one for 2 million dollars and spending another $300,000 to create and produce it, they might as well just spend the money on either picking up Bret Hart or bringing Goldberg in for a one match only job to Austin. If he hates the business so much he certainly wouldn't mind losing.

Guest Kagato Otaku

Goldberg doesn't wrestle for money. He wrestles for the kids.

Besides, it's his duty to honor his Time Warner contract by sitting home and occasionally shooting a commercial. I don't blame him for making money for nothing. If he hates wrestling, why should he wrestle?

Guest JohnSkins

I think they should've bought a slot.  If nothing else the commercial would've been funny.

Guest Midnight Express83

The WWF wants ratings, its simple, show alot of good wrestling and letting that side make up the Entertianment side. So when they do the Entertianment side, its not so much of it giving their writers a break.

Guest TUS_02

I don't think anything could have touched those mlife commercials... MAN, WERE THEY GREAT OR WHAT?

Guest Big Poppa Popick

they shouldve done one...

i wouldve used a clip from the last desire montage, the showing of all the champions

end with the wwf desire logo...and you're out

just remind people what theyre missing

Guest JAMES900

Or they could have shown all the biggest bumps fgrom the past year, that might have got more people into wrestling.

Guest Kinetic

Are there people who watch wrestling for the insane bumps?  I mean, there are people who watch Nascar and so on for the sole purpose of seeing crashes, so you'd think that the same thing might apply to wrestling.  A package featuring nothing but crazy bumps might pique the interest of some people, but I'd fully expect to see headlines reading, "Vince McMahon is Killing His Wrestlers" soon thereafter.

I don't know how much a Super Bowl slot would help.  I wonder about stuff like Pepsi, too.  Is there anyone who wasn't previously aware of Pepsi?  Will the Super Bowl mark anyone's first introduction to Budweiser?  Why do these companies bother buying $2 million ads, when everyone's already familiar with their products anyway?

Guest JAMES900

I'm not saying people soley watch wrestling for the insane bumps but seeing them could spark a few peoples intrest.  Then they see chuck and billy and turn the channel.

Guest Choken One

The asking Price for this year's Super Bowl Commercials were 1.6 million dollars and that was cheaper then the Attitude Commerical. How dumb it may seem, Pepsi and Budweiser actully do make profit off it. That's why Piazza Hut Always buys the first slot, before the game to convince people to buy the pizza or P'Zone. A Desire Ad would have been cool and they could charge Wind-Up and Creed in order to cover some expenses or An nWo ad could really work.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I really think they may have missed an opportunity to draw in new fans...considering the company is likely to take a different direction with the old guys coming back...it would be a perfect time to get new fans on board...and they may need them before to long.