TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest pappajacks

Should states pursue an open border policy

Guest MrRant

Well I live in WA state so having people crossing the border is normal to me but I think that reasonable identification it required and also there should be more people watching the border.

Guest TJH

This is very interesting.

In the middle of 2001, Australia had a problem with heaps of ships coming down from Indonesia packed with illegal immigrants.

The federal government then decided to "get tough" and when illegal immigrants from a sinking boat were picked up by a Norweigan freighter, the government refused to let them into Australia. Similarly, afterwards all boats with illegals were turned back by the Navy.

The result? No more boats since October 2001.

Guest EricMM

People should apply for citizenship, and when they get it, they should come here.

If need be, we can open a sort of ellis island place somewhere, but its not fair for people to BUTT in line, as it were.

Guest DragonflyKid

I'm with Pat Buchanon when it concerns immigration policies.

Illegal immigration is bad for the country, I'd even mine the Mexico/U.S. border if I could and set up armed guards. I'd also sink those Haitian ships while I'm at it.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

No, and Canada should follow your lead. One of my biggest problems with Canada is that we let in too many people who don't belong here. There are good immigrants that are helpful, and really do wish to become Canadians, but surely there is a way to weed out the good from the bad. There are too many Canadians (especially in Toronto) that don't know how to speak either English or French.

Guest X briar rose X

I despise people who immigrate into another country and don't have the courtesy to learn the language.

"In English, motherfucker!"

Guest Some Guy

I'm with Kahran on this one. There should be a way to screen out the bad and welcome the good.

If the person immigrating doesn't speak English they should be forced to take classes, if they refuse or don;t go to the classes they should be deported.

Guest Invader3k

We need to close off the borders, especially the one with Mexico, not just to keep illegal Mexicans out, but also terrorists.

If people want to come to this country, they should immigrate legally.

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

"I'm with Kahran on this one. There should be a way to screen out the bad and welcome the good."

But then you'll have liberal activists saying you're racist, and some left-wing judge will rule the policy unconstitutional...

Guest EricMM

how is that racist? As far as I know there is no racist policy for admittance into the U.S.

They should screen people based on their skills, health, and ability to work, just like they used to. Right now family is even more important, and it IS important to have your whole family, but it's also important to figure out their abilities.

And they have to do it legally. I'd rather accept a million quadraplegics into this country than one undocumented terrorist.

Guest Kahran Ramsus
how is that racist? As far as I know there is no racist policy for admittance into the U.S.

They should screen people based on their skills, health, and ability to work, just like they used to. Right now family is even more important, and it IS important to have your whole family, but it's also important to figure out their abilities.

And they have to do it legally. I'd rather accept a million quadraplegics into this country than one undocumented terrorist.

It wouldn't be racist, but it wouldn't stop the liberals from claiming that it is.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

I agree that you should screen immigrants but Pat B. is a fucktard.

Soviet Canuckistan my ass.

Guest Vern Gagne
"I'm with Kahran on this one. There should be a way to screen out the bad and welcome the good."

But then you'll have liberal activists saying you're racist, and some left-wing judge will rule the policy unconstitutional...

Any tough immigration laws are going to be called racist by the liberals. It's pathetic they use racism so often, but they do and it won't change. I say forget what they think. The policy isn't racist, and most people know that.

Guest treble charged

The reason that the race card is played in those situations is because tough immigration laws mean discriminating against certain ethnic groups, for the most part. Is it needed, perhaps, but it still is, at its deepest roots, racism, whether it is good or not.

Guest DrTom
If the person immigrating doesn't speak English they should be forced to take classes, if they refuse or don;t go to the classes they should be deported.

Hoo-boy, I'd love to see that. The problem is, the USA can't compel anyone to learn English because (get this) English ISN'T THE OFFICIAL GODDAMN LANGUAGE of the country. Can you believe that? We've deliberately avoided naming English the official language just to retain that Left-beloved appearance of "multiculturalism." Fuck that, says I, and make English the official language of the USA. I'm tired of hearing menus in Spanish. If someone who immigrated doesn't want to learn English, put them back on a boat. If I were to live in a foreign country, I'd damn sure take the time to learn the language, instead of selfishly expecting everyone else to change to accomodate me.

Yes, I think we need tougher immigration laws, and we need to deport the illegal fuckers who have already gotten here. Asylum my ass; get on the boat and ROW, motherfucker. Especially considering the threat of terrorism, there is no excuse not to have strong immigration laws, increased border patrols, and a vigilant INS.

Guest MrRant
Yes, I think we need tougher immigration laws, and we need to deport the illegal fuckers who have already gotten here. Asylum my ass; get on the boat and ROW, motherfucker. Especially considering the threat of terrorism, there is no excuse not to have strong immigration laws, increased border patrols, and a vigilant INS.

I agree. If you can row from Haiti to Florida I think you have it in you to row your ass to Canada.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

I love it when Mexicans try to cross the border in the Southwest and die and everyone somehow blames the US for them dying in the middle of the desert. Sorry, but the US didnt force them to come to the US, and the US didnt make them so stupid as to try it in the middle of the summer through the desert without any water.

As far as Im concerned, the US should build a big huge wall on the Mexican border and watch it as opposed to this "We'll trust them not to come into the US through the border areas that aren't monitored at all"...

Guest Kahran Ramsus
The problem is, the USA can't compel anyone to learn English because (get this) English ISN'T THE OFFICIAL GODDAMN LANGUAGE of the country.

It is here (along with French), and there are still plenty of people who don't know either. You need either English or French to get a job (sometimes both), so what use are people who refuse to learn. They should be deported.

I agree. If you can row from Haiti to Florida I think you have it in you to row your ass to Canada.

No thanks. We have enough problems without having to worry about the Latin Americans too.