TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bps "The Truth" 21

4 down!

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

When they showed the remaining schedules for the 8 undefeated teams after last week, I thought that most of them could finish without losing...

Guess I was wrong.

4 undefeated teams lose today...

and the Bowling Green Falcons journey to the Motor City Bowl continues to thrive!

What the hell happened to Virginia Tech?

Guest phoenixrising

"You have been tried..."

#2 Oklahoma 27, #12 Colorado 11

#4 Ohio State 34, #19 Minnesota 3

"...you have been measured..."

#1 Miami 42, Rutgers 17

"...and you have been found wanting."

Pittsburgh 28, #3 Virginia Tech 21

#22 Florida 20, #5 Georgia 13

Boston College 14, #6 Notre Dame 7

Georgia Tech 24, #8 NC State 17

I hear the BCS creators all praying in unison...now they need just one more team to fall and their game will be set without controversy this year.

Damn, FOUR unbeatens fell? Lots of upsets today and lots of good games. This is why college football is so great.

BTW, Miami is rapidly becoming college football's version of the Lakers...lag for three quarters, then realize it's the fourth and flip the switch to send them into overdrive. How the #1 team in the country goes into the fourth TRAILING RUTGERS is a mystery to me.

Of the other top 10 teams, Texas nearly got upset by Nebraska and WSU blew out ASU in Pullman. It will be very interesting to see the polls tomorrow.

Guest jimmy no nose
What the hell happened to Virginia Tech?

Their #1 in the nation run defense shut down against a team that doesn't have that good of a running game. It isn't really that bad of a loss, Pittsburgh is a team that could have easily beaten Notre Dame just a few weeks ago, and could very well go on to win the Big East if VT beats Miami. I predicted earlier this week on another site that Pitt would upset VT, but I thought it would be Rutherford's legs that would hurt them, not Miree's. Larry Fitzgerald also had 3 great TD catches. It's amazing that that game was that close, they had very little offense the whole first half, and just one big play in the 3rd quarter, plus Pitt had so many other scoring chances.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

The BCS needs for Ohio State to lose a game this year.

It's quite possible that 3 big programs could end up undefeated.

That could cause the BCS some problems.

Guest El Satanico

If we have three unbeaten teams, then OSU will be left out of the Championship game. This is coming from a OSU fan too.

Miami should be in the game if they go undefeated period. Oklahoma will get the nod because the ranked teams they beat were ranked Higher than OSU's ranked teams.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

That's the way it will go...

but the people will be calling for a playoff system louder than ever.

Guest El Satanico

I'll be one of the people calling for it, even if an undefeated OSU somehow beats the odds and makes the Championship game over an undefeated Oklahoma.

Guest Will Scarlet

I think Ohio State will end up blowing a game at some point during the year. Heck, if I am not mistaken, doesn't Ohio St. ALWAYS blow the Michigan game whenever they are in line for a shot at the national title?

By the way, any clue on who Bowling Green's Motor City Bowl opponent might be? I heard it might end up being Purdue. I could live with a Bowling Green/Purdue matchup.

Guest phoenixrising

Motor City Bowl pits the MAC #1 vs. an at-large team. So BGSU's opponent could be anyone who is bowl-eligible but missed out on the seeds for their conference. I remember one year Marshall played Ole Miss about five years ago when Moss was still there.

Guest El Satanico
I think Ohio State will end up blowing a game at some point during the year.  Heck, if I am not mistaken, doesn't Ohio St. ALWAYS blow the Michigan game whenever they are in line for a shot at the national title?

Yes the Big Ten can be a tricky conference. This is why i've referred to OSU and undefeated in a if tone. I'm assuming nothing with three Big Ten games including Michigan left to be played.

Well in 30 years Michigan beat us for our only loss of the regular season three times. It's not a regular thing it's just that all 3 times were within the last ten years so there are easy to recall. Yes Ohio State and Michigan have cost each other several Championships over the course of the rivalry.

Guest Vern Gagne

The Motor City Bowl is Supposed to be 7th in the Big 10, but it doesn't look like a 7th Big 10 team will be Bowl eligible.

The BCS always works itself out. By the end of the season only 1 undefeated team will remain.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

Well, Bowling Green going undefeated (which they probably will) doesn't matter because they aren't going to even play a factor in the BCS, so there are only 3 Undefeated teams that matter: Miami, Ohio St and Oklahoma. Id much rather see Miami vs Ohio St. than any other possibility, especially Miami vs Oklahoma..

Guest Leena

Even worse... if OU loses a game, they still probably beat out undefeated OSU for a spot in the Fiesta Bowl.

Guest JHawk

Well, I'll be a proponent of a playoff no matter how the BCS plays out (I was practically begging for BYU to beat Hawaii last year so this could be challenged). But quite frankly, if a school finishes undefeated and doesn't have a shot at the national championship...even if it is BGSU, then something is wrong with the system.

Even worse... if OU loses a game, they still probably beat out undefeated OSU for a spot in the Fiesta Bowl.

And if that happens, no amount of spin will ever make people believe in the BCS as a viable option. But sadly, you're probably right.

Guest Choken One

I'm pretty sure that ABC would rather have OSU then OU...Bigger name stars and bigger audidence....

Guest El Satanico

Bowling Green themselves admit that they shouldn't have a shot at the National Championship. The coach said his team isn't good enough to be called National Champions and that the MAC isn't a good enough conference for a team to win a National Champinship playing out of.

Even if there was a playoff system Bowling Green wouldn't get ranked high enough to make the playoffs.

Guest Smark Hammill
I'm pretty sure that ABC would rather have OSU then OU...Bigger name stars and bigger audidence....

I doubt it. ABC probably just wants the better matchup, and they know they'll get it with Oklahoma/Miami.

Guest Smark Hammill

No, they won't. Especially if Ohio State jumps Miami in the BCS, like they are expected to, and wins out. I promise you..if there are only two undefeated teams (I'm not counting Bowling Green) a team with one loss will not play in the Fiesta over one of the undefeateds. It won't happen.