TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TSMAdmin

WWE Heat Recap: October 13th, 2002

Guest TSMAdmin

Looks like the WWE put little into this week’s pre SPIN THE WHEEL, MAKE THE DEAL, extravaganza, as there are only two matches on this week’s Heat.

The pyro goes off and it’s time for this week’s Heat. Your hosts are Jonathan Coachman and UGH Lita

To start the show here comes… MARK JINDRAK! Wow, nice to see him getting some TV time. He dyed his hair blonde, and he’s sporting some boxer looking tights. Jindrak gets no reaction, as the fans have no idea who he is. Lita shills him as a former WCW Tag team Champion with Sean O’Haire. They also shill this as Jindrak’s debut match, despite the fact that he wrestled a few times during the Invasion angle. Whatever, at least they’re not calling him a rookie. His opponent is… The human penis, Justin Credible. “E-C-DUB!” chants fill the arena. The guys in the front row have some pretty cool signs… a “Repo Man” sign and an “I’d rather be at TNA” sign.

Match One: Mark Jindrak vs. Justin Credible

Hard knuckle tie-up to begin the match, with good ol’ JC getting backed into the corner. Credible shoves Jindrak off, and slides out of the ring. Credible taunts Jindrak, and hits him with some shots to the midsection, but then gets whipped into the corner. Jindrak hits a nice dropkick, followed by a nicely elevated hiptoss and then an armdrag right into an armbar. Nice little sequence there. Jindrak gets Credible up and tries for a hammerlock, but Credible breaks the hold. Credible gets whipped off the ropes, but he comes back with a club to the back of the neck on Jindrak. Jindrak shakes it off and hits a Powerslam on Credible for two. Credible gets backed whipped into the corner, but hits Jindrak when Jindrak tries to avalanche him. Jindrak gets whipped into the corner, but jumps onto the top rope. Credible shoves him down, and Jindrak’s nuts are introduced to the top turnbuckle. Jindrak is now hanging upside down in the corner, so Credible stomps away. Credible plays to the crowd and gets a little heat. He hits some stiff chops on Jindrak in the corner, but Jindrak shakes em off and tries to take it to Credible with some brawling. Credible gets the advantage with some rights of his own, and a snapmare, followed by a side headlock. Jindrak elbows out, but gets hit by a Credible Superkick for two. Credible calls for the finish, and charges at Jindrak in the corner, but misses and slides right under the bottom rope into the ring post. Jindrak takes the advantage with a body slam and a nice dropkick. Inverted atomic drop by Jindrak for two. He whips Credible into the corner, but gets it with a boot to the face. Jindrak charges at Credible again, but Credible moves. Jindrak jumped onto the top rope, and spins off of the top hitting an elbow block off the top! Nice move for the big man. Cover! 1…2…kickout! Credible tries for another Superkick, but Jindrak catches the leg and turns it into an atomic drop, and then a neckbreaker. 1…2…3! Jindrak wins! Not a bad “debut” for Jindrak. I see signs of good things to come. He needs a new finish though.

*3/4

Lance Storm (Damnit, already relegated to Heat…) vs. Johnny Stamboli is the main event.

They shill Tough Enough III. Apparently, the casting special is Thursday at 10. Hopefully, this will be the last Tough Enough season they run.

Commercial Break.

Spin the Wheel, Make the Deal Recap: Trish Stratus vs. Stacy Keibler

In the first ever paddle on a pole bra and panties match. Compelling. No, really. Eh, I’ve got no beef with Stacy Keiber and Trish walking around half-naked. This was your typical bra and panties match, except at the end the winner gets to spank the loser with the paddle as well. As always, you can read more about this in RAW from JHawk’s beak.

I’ve gotta say, Victoria has looked pretty damn good in the ring. She’s a nice addition to the women’s division. The Trish Stratus/Victoria match (at No Mercy?) might be one of the better Women’s matches we’ve seen in quite some time. Her moonsault owns Lita’s moonsault in every way.

They shill Stamboli vs. Storm as the main again.

More commercials.

JVC Tower of Power:

Las Vegas Showgirls match, William Regal vs. Goldust. Seeing William Regal in a showgirl’s outfit got a laugh out of me. So sue me!

Spin the Wheel Make the Deal Recap: The Blindfold match

Well, I guess my prayers were answered as D’Lo was on RAW last week. It’s just a shame he wasn’t in a serious match. Not much to say here… the match went on for too long, and it was pretty boring. But hey, what can you expect from a match where both guys “can’t see?”

They shill Triple H vs. Kane and Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker HIAC for next Sunday’s No Mercy.

Time for another word from our sponsors.

WWE Rewind: Raven vs. D’Lo

They showed some brief interview clips from Raven, and his win over D’Lo last week.

Speak of the devil, here comes Raven for an interview with Coach. Raven gets a mixed reaction from the crowd. He says he’s sick of being an outcast, and sick of being overlooked. He says he’s going to reveal the WWE for its hypocrisy in a statement that will shake the WWE. Wow, I’m actually somewhat excited to hear what Raven has to say in the coming weeks. This was another solid promo from Raven; hopefully he’s going somewhere with this.

They shill the world premiere of Saliva’s new video as being on next week’s Heat.

TLC IV clips are up next… after these spine-tingling commercials.

Spin the Wheel, Make the Deal Recap: TLC IV

This was the only halfway decent match from this week’s RAW, though I didn’t think it lived up to the past TLC matches. Hey, it was well over 20 minutes though, and that may be some sort of record for RAW! My only real complaint is that having Kane beat the other THREE teams all by his lonesome makes Hurricane look rather useless. Well, I guess having Kane beat 6 men single handedly will only make HHH look that much better when he takes unifies the IC and World titles to form the… WCW World, NWA World, WCW International, WWF Intercontinental, WCW United States, WWF European, WWF Hardcore title (Whew!).

The “You… are a murderer” angle will quite possibly be one of the worst angles ever. I’m confident that the angle will one day grace the pages of Wrestlecrap.com. Wait! It’s already made this week’s definition! To quote RD himself, “What's that, it was Katie VICK? Man is Sick Boy gonna be pissed.”

Poor Scott Vick.

Commercial time.

We’re back, and here comes LANCE! YAY! Lance gets pretty damn good heat, though it’s a shame to see him on Heat already; while at the same time I’m glad to have another decent wrestler to watch every week. His opponent is Salvatore Sincere 2K2, Johnny Stamboli.

Main Event: Lance Storm vs. Johnny Stamboli

This should be a BAH GAWD SLOBBERKNOCKER. Tie-up to start, with Lance taking Stamboli down with some brutal rights and lefts, and a stiff whip and clothesline in the corner. Stamboli fights back with rights and lefts and a whip, but Storm reverses the whip into a kick to the midsection, followed by a snapmare and a mean leg drop to the back of the neck for two. Nice sequence by Lance. Storm tries to suplex Stamboli, but Johnny blocks it and hits a suplex of his own. He tries for an elbow drop, but misses, and Storm makes him pay with some shots to the arm, followed up by an Irish whip. Storm hits a back elbow on Stamboli for two. Reverse facelock by Lance Storm, elbowed out of by Stamboli. Storm tries for a whip, but it’s reversed, and Stamboli hits a nice overhead belly to belly suplex on Storm. Stamboli tries for a clothesline, but misses, but manages to hit a spinning heel kick followed by a clothesline. He whips Storm and hits a baaaaack body drop, followed by an avalanche in the corner. Stamboli hits a diving headbutt off the top for 2. Whip by Stamboli, but he telegraphs it and gets a kick to the face from Storm. Storm goes off the ropes, but Stamboli catches him with a tilt-a-whirl slam! Cover! 1…2…kickout! Jawbreaker by Storm, but Stamboli maintains control with some brawling and a whip. Storm holds onto Stamboli’s arm though, and hoists him up in the airplane position. Storm slams Stamboli to the ground forward, doing a forward roll in the process. Nice move, but he only gets a 2 count. Storm tries to lock in the Straightshooter, but Stamboli reverses it into a small package! 2 count. Storm tries for a clothesline, but Stamboli blocks and kicks Storm in the midsection. Stamboli military presses Storm, but Storm slips out and whips Stamboli into the corner. Stamboli leapfrogs over the charging Storm, but Lance hits the Superkick for the win! One of the best Heat matches I’ve seen in a while. Storm worked well with Stamboli.

**3/4

Bottom Line:

Way too much recapping, and only 2 matches. Both matches were decent though; the main being surprisingly good. It was nice to see Jindrak on TV again, and it’s always a privilege to see Storm work. The show could have used one more match though. Whatever, there are no major complaints from me. Oh, wait, there is one major complaint. LITA ON COMMENTARY AGAIN! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

FakeRazorcolor>

As always, you can reach me here.

whacked Out wrestling

Sign in to follow this