TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest RedJed

Roddy Piper to TNA?

Guest RedJed

Got the Observer yesterday and although it was very briefly mentioned......it was mentioned. There are small talks going on about bringing Roddy Piper in for a few shots. Piper seems to want to come in to plug his book mainly, so who knows what will happen here. No word on if he would wrestle or just do an appearance with his book.

Not sure what to think about this. On one hand it would be ok to bring him in for some role much like they did with Steamboat, but then again I think he might be a waste of money.

Thoughts?

Guest eirejmcmahon

He can paint half his face black again and feud with Killings in that hot racial angle they've got going on.

Guest dreamer420

I'd like to see Piper in TNA if it is only for one Piper's Pit session or something. If they give him the chance to plug his book and rant and rave it will be awesome.

Guest Slingshot Suplex

Maybe money wouldn't be a big issue if he's getting free pub for his book out of it. He still has some quality name recognition

Guest Slingshot Suplex

Come on,bps......you may not like him but Piper is still a well known name in wrestling. His name has some amount of value to NWA-TNA if used correctly

Guest Jobber of the Week
you may not like him but Piper is still a well known name in wrestling. His name has some amount of value to NWA-TNA if used correctly

Yeah. John Doe who has no clue who the hell Dave Meltzer is will likely know Roddy Piper before they know Ricky Steamboat, with all due respect to the Steamer.

I think Piper is interesting. His interview on Larry King (along with Hogan and Mick Foley) was eye-opening stuff.