TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kingpk

Shut Down NHB

Guest Kingpk

Ok, so this might not be the most well thought out post ever, but I think this needs to be said.

NHB sucks.

Sure, it used to be a decent folder where trolls and noobs were soundly made fun of and banned and people flamed each other with a little bit of intelligence, but now, it makes me laugh and roll my eyes at the utter crap that is being posted there at this point.

Example #1: The Establishment. At first this was percieved as a joke, a parody of all those other "Ghey Posting Cliques" that populate message boards all around. But, and this happens every time, it got taken too seriously and people started whining about "the Establishment bring the quality of the board down" and "the elites are going to beat up on the newbies, since they think they're better than everyone." Last time this happened, posters wound up pasting Scott Keith's head on Hitler's body and personally attacking everyone else. And with the smartmark's post bashing the board and then resorting to petty insults when his points are taken to task, people can't even flame properly anymore.

Example #2: One on One. Leena and Kotz, I'm looking squarely at you two. Why don't you just fuck and get it over with? Release that pent up sexual tension? I, and everyone else probably, don't care about your IM conversations and how Kotz is hitting on Leena and Leena seems to get PMS every 3 days, making her decide to leave the board one day then create a stupid "what do you think of me?" thread the next. Can't people settle their personal differences, you know, personally? (meaning, IMs, e-mail, etc.)

So I propose 3 things happen to fix things. Dames and the mods, consider them if you like or toss them aside if you don't like my ideas, that's fine.

1) Close NHB until January, allowing people to cool down for a while and find other, more productive things to do with their lives.

2) Anyone can complain about the board in this folder (Site Feedback), but if they continue to do so, without actually doing something to help improvement, they should be asked to leave (or banned if they refuse).

3) Posters should be encouraged to settle personal differences via PMs, IMs, or e-mail. If they make a post bashing another poster, disrupting a thread, they should be warned and subsiquently banned if they continue.

Thank you all for your time and letting me vent. I'm disabling my sig for dramatic effect.

Guest bob_barron

If you don't like NHB don't go in.

It may not be the best folder in the world but it still does serve a purpose and I think banning people for not liking this board is pretty damn stupid

Guest Kingpk

Missed my point.

I have no problem with people not liking the board. But if they just go about whining about the poor quality without posting anything quality themselves, then they should be asked to leave if they hate it so much. Banning should be an extreme case (i.e., insulting a mod)

Guest HBK16

I have to agree with what bob_barron said. If it gets you angry with what goes on in there, then dont go in and it wont bother you. As long as you dont go in and you cant see what goes on, then it wont effect you.

Guest Incandenza

In defense of Kotz, he had been ignoring Leena for awhile, but she persisted in all that foolishness. Anyway, I thought it was over, but she posted something in the Jubuki thread today that indicated otherwise. Some people just can't get on with their lives.

Guest Incandenza

Eh, if you close it down, it's just going to spread throughout the board. Afterwards, the only effective way to get rid of flaming is to start banning people, and that probably wouldn't go over very well.

EDIT: Oh, and outside of something I alluded to earlier in this thread, nothing from NHB has infected any other board, so what's the point of shutting it down?

Guest Retro Rob

I don't like the NHB folders, but other people do, so why should it be closed. I also don't like most of the wrestling folders, so what I simply do is ignore them. KingPK, I agree with you that NHB sucks, but why do you need some drastic action to be taken when you can easily not visit that part of the forum?

Guest HBK16
I don't like the NHB folders, but other people do, so why should it be closed. I also don't like most of the wrestling folders, so what I simply do is ignore them. KingPK, I agree with you that NHB sucks, but why do you need some drastic action to be taken when you can easily not visit that part of the forum?

Amen!

Thats pretty much what I meant to say, except you put it in better words.

Guest bob_barron
Missed my point.

I have no problem with people not liking the board. But if they just go about whining about the poor quality without posting anything quality themselves, then they should be asked to leave if they hate it so much. Banning should be an extreme case (i.e., insulting a mod)

I understand what you're saying but I don't think that's a good reason to close a board. They're annoying but they're honestly not hurting anyone.

The Leena-Kotz is pretty much all Leena as Incandenza said. Kotz has moved on while Leena keeps babbling about the Establishment.

I think NHB serves a good purpose on this board and if it was closed- I think the board would suffer

Guest Leena
In defense of Kotz, he had been ignoring Leena for awhile, but she persisted in all that foolishness. Anyway, I thought it was over, but she posted something in the Jubuki thread today that indicated otherwise. Some people just can't get on with their lives.

I mentioned Kotz in that thread? Oh ok... I was just pointing out why everyone did, and will agree with Jingus in that thread.

The Leena-Kotz is pretty much all Leena as Incandenza said. Kotz has moved on while Leena keeps babbling about the Establishment.

I guess you do read the IM conversations he posts with me.

Guest Leena
Example #2: One on One. Leena and Kotz, I'm looking squarely at you two. Why don't you just fuck and get it over with?

Shouldn't flames like this be in NHB and not here?

Guest Angle-plex

No Holds Barred was cool a few months ago, but now it is just General Chat 2.

Guest alfdogg
Example #2: One on One. Leena and Kotz, I'm looking squarely at you two. Why don't you just fuck and get it over with?

Heehee.

Guest alfdogg

I don't care what happens to NHB, but someone PLEASE close that fucking thread by thesmartmark!!!

Guest The Man in Blak
No Holds Barred was cool a few months ago, but now it is just General Chat 2.

Think the Establishment has anything to do with that?

Guest cobainwasmurdered

No MIB. Since NHB has ALWAYS been dominated by those 13 posters.

Guest Leena

Actually, the most entertaining thread in NHB has very little from the 13 in question.

Guest DJ Jeff

I don't care for the NHB folder, since I think it's pretty stupid to fight over the Internet. So, I choose not to go in there if I don't want to. Nobody is forcing you to go in NHB. That's just like any other board. If you don't like it, don't go in it. Simple as that.

Guest The Man in Blak
No MIB. Since NHB has ALWAYS been dominated by those 13 posters.

So, you think the Establishment's weekly votings, along with the one and only Establishment thread belong in there?

It's not ultimately your fault (people have been posting GC shit in there ever since it started)...but you guys are the biggest offenders as of late.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

True. I don't think it should be in there either. But I don't post the weekly vote thread.

Guest Midnight Express83

I say keeping the Establishment in NHB keeps alot of the flaming of them in the right folder. Besides, until a Peronsal life folder is made, all that shit fills up NHB.

Guest Sassquatch

ME83 is dead on.

If you get rid of the NHB folder then all of the crap that cluttered up various folders before it was created will overtake the board and if a thread gets out of hand and degenerates into flaming then the thread can be moved to NHB and die there.

Guest Texas Small Arms 09

Although even though MX has a good point, could you imagine what that "personal life folder" would consist of? "I'M GONNA DO IT!" Even though I will go on record and say I don't think I have laughed any harder than that but I don't think you could ever replace such golden moments

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Ernest Miller Mode On

Tom HAS SPOKUN!

/ernest Miller mode