TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest oldschoolwrestling

Konnan is coming

Guest oldschoolwrestling

At the NWA 54th anniversary show, both Jeff and Jerry Jarrett approached Konnan about possibly working for TNA when the new finances come on board. Reviews of that show have Konnan being the most over of any wrestler on that card.

Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Guest dreamer420

I haven't seen Konnan for quite awhile now, but back in WCW I was never really a fan of his. If he can get back to his Lucha Libre past and start working his ass off he could be a good addition for TNA.

Guest Zack Malibu

I believe he was in Gauntlet For The Gold, but that was it. Anyhow, I never minded him, but never went out of my way to check his stuff out either (at least not WCW wise).

Guest dreamer420

I hope he still isn't using all his old catchphrases because I think that is why a lot of people started to hate him. That and his music video.

Guest converge241

He needs to do stuff like that to pop the crowd.

While i am kinda sick of him they need him:

fans react to him

hes capable in the ring

hes not worse than some other people they have

and he will probably work (relatively) cheap

Guest oldschoolwrestling

Something tells me the Nashville crowd isn't down with "Arriba La Raza" and the other phrases he uses.

Guest dreamer420

He should get some new material then because his ODELAY!!!! ARRIBA LA RASTA!!! or whatever it was got really old really fast.

Guest converge241

I think they would be down with that

theres that whole element of it being something "cool" because its something they dont see regularly

WCW toured a lot of middle america and down south and the crowds loved it

It got old to us, but they will eat it up

Guest dreamer420

He just need some new material to stay fresh. He should keep his attitude and look but change up the shit that he says once and awhile.

Guest Trivia247

geez look at what I miss when I want to save money....K-Dogg Libre la Rasa!

maybe he'll want people to toss his salad and peel his potatoes too goodie... thats just what TNA needs... he isn't even classified as a Cruiserweight, he is more like a Luchador Agent to actual talent from Mexico.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I'm not his biggest fan...but he never bothered me in any way.

And that already gives him the edge over the few heavyweight contenders currently employed by TNA.

Guest RedJed

If they brought him in as a heel with all of his stupid catchprhrases that might work. Konnan has always been better as a heel anyways, he's doing great business down in Puerto Rico right now in fact.

Guest dreamer420

I've never seen Konnan work as a heel although it would be interesting. He really needs some new catchphrases though.

Guest Your Olympic Hero

i dont like his catch phrases or his thug look. when he was US champ, i could handle him. i remember one standout match he had with devon storm as champ, but none after his dungeon of doom turn.