TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jonathan Barber

"CZW Night of Infamy" Results

Guest Jonathan Barber

Crowd: about 800-850

The show started late.

- Video package

In what was basically a comedy match, Ian Knoxx d. Derek Frazier and The Hurricane Kid.

- Jon Dahmer pins G.Q.

- Josh Prohibition pins Nick Berk

- Chri$ Cash over Sonjay Dutt and Ruckus in a Ladder Match. This match had several very good spots, but most weren't executed very well. Like the Kaos/Hamrick XPW HTO Ladder Match, the ideas that they had were very innovative, but the execution was off.

- The previously promoted Backseat Boyz vs. Nick Mondo & M-Dogg 20 went to a no contest after only a few minutes. This happened when Ric Blade ran in on behalf of Mondo/M-Dogg.

A match was made for COD4:

TLC match: Blade/Mondo vs. The Backseat Boyz

Personally, I would rather see Blade/Messiah, Mondo/Josh P./Ca$h, and Backseats/Sonjay & Frazier/G.Q. & Z-Barr in a TLC match at the show, but whatever...

Justice Pain and Messiah vs. H8 Club

Some are saying Pain/Messiah won, and some are saying it was a No Contest. I thought it was a No Contest, but I'm unsure.

This was pretty good with a few fine spots. Pain nailed a Super Belly-to-Belly Overhead Suplex on Hatred, but the table Hatred landed on didn't break.

Then, the recording of the laugh from the mystery man who stole the CZW belt from the last show skipped (intentionally). As the crowd was distracted by this, Messiah suddenly appeared with the stolen belt, making himself look like the man who stole the belt. He challenged Pain for the title at COD4, and Pain charged into the ring for a brawl between the two. The H8's got involved and beat the sh*t out of both men.

The main event didn't start until 1:00 am.

Lobo/Zandig in a Cage of Death Match at COD4 is all but confirmed.

In the main event, Wifebeater over Zandig in "I Quit" barbed wire canvas/no rope barbed wire wrapped with light tubes /fans bring the weapons death match when Zandig said, "I Quit."

Zandig absorbed a few (two or three) weedwhacker shots to his back during the match.

The locker room came out and lifted Wifebeater up on their shoulders at about 1:30 am as the song "Turn the Page" playing on the house sound system.

Wifebeater's retirement is legitimate, as he'll need a second major surgery needed on his shoulder, originally injured at Cage of Death III.

CZW returns for Cage of Death 4 on December 14th. Here are the matches:

- Zandig vs. Lobo in the Cage of Death

- Messiah vs. Justice Pain for the CZW Heavyweight Title

- Nick Mondo and the returning Ric Blade vs. The Backseat Boyz

- Ruckus vs. MDogg 20 vs. Sonjay Dutt - WTF is with CZW and three-way matches?! Damn...They've had one at the last like five straight shows.

I personally don't like this upcoming card. The COD match is fine wtih me, but all of the others I could do a lot better on. For that reason, I'll be publishing a fantasy card for the event in the fantasy booking forum in about a week.

Guest dreamer420

That show doesn't look that good on paper and from what I have read it was no where near the show that ROH put on earlier.

Glad to see the Messiah back and in the World Title hunt.

Guest Sandman9000

CZW shows starting late are no surprise. They did have to wait for a bus from the ROH show to arrive, since both companies were sponsoring a bus trip, which did hold up the start of the show.

I've heard numbers as low as 600 and as high as 1200. People described the arena as being almost as packed as it was for COD3, which had around 1400 people. I'm thinking the actual number is between 850-1000.

The 3-way ladder match was said to be an insane spotfest. Two eight-foot ladders, one 12 foot ladder, and a barbed wire ladder. Ruckus was thrown off the main stage onto a ladder bridges across two chairs with lightbulbs on top. Sonjay hurricaranaed Cash off the top rope onto a table that didn't break. Finish came when Cash gave Sonjay the Cash Flow off the 12 foot ladder through a table. Said to have been MUCH better then the M-Dogg/Prohibition TLC match, which was given no time whatsoever, unlike this match.

The TLC match between Mondo/Blade and the Backseats is due to the history between the teams. The last time they faced off was in a ladder match in which Blade/Mondo went over the Backseats. It also featured Blade doing the Swanton off a 30 foot balcony and breaking his leg (what a surprise). It'll be curious to see if Blade jumps off something high at COD4, or if Mondo takes his COD3 bump again. (Thrown off the entrance through a ladder bridged on two chairs on double-stacked tables.)

This is a pic of how the ring looked before the Main Event.

NOIPHOTO4.jpg

Comparing the CZW and ROH shows are like comparing apples to oranges. Both offer a different style of wrestling, so obviously some will prefer one style to another. I personally prefer the CZW style, others prefer the ROH style. 1bob said it best:

"Overall, it was a very enjoyable show. The wrestling could not compare to ROH’s, but it would not be fair to compare CZW to ROH. They are completely different styles. I feel the show will be compared to ROH’s, though, since they ran back to back and that is just an unfair comparison. Their wrestling may not have been on par with ROH’s, but CZW delivered what they do best, violence and insanity. "

The 3 way is actually for the Jr. Heavyweight title, and is between Trent Acid/M-Dogg20/Ruckus. I'm guessing this is finally the match where Acid loses the Jr. Heavyweight title, most likely to M-Dogg. I'd rather see Sonjay Dutt in this match then Ruckus, as Sonjay's personality and popularity have exploded in recent months. EDIT- Apparently, the 3-way is now Ruckus/Sonjay/M-Dogg, for the #1 Contendorship. The former was reported during the PBP of the show, so that's what I thought the match was going to be. It was changed later, I guess, most likely since Acid shouldn't have to work two matches that night. I'm guessing M-Dogg will go over, though I'm hoping for Sonjay.

COD4 should be a good card. It's their biggest event of the year, so therefore all the stops will be pulled out. The COD match, most likely featuring Zandig going over to reclaim CZW and end the year-long feud w/Lobo, should be the insane bloodbath that CZW show's feature. Pain/Messiah was a solid match way back in February when Messiah debued, so those two should have another good match. TLC should be a fun spotfest, provided Blade doesn't break his leg again. Jr. Heavyweight should be good as well. I'm also curious as to the H8 Club will face (fans have been wanting H8 Club vs. Da Hit Squad for a while, I'd be surprised if it wasn't delivered). I'd like to see Necro Butcher brought back, as well as CM Punk and Chris Hero.

We've heard the opinions of an anti-CZW mark (Barber) and a pro-CZW mark (myself). Any neutral parties (if they exist) care to chip in?

Guest Jonathan Barber

I'm not an anti-CZW mark.

What in this motherfucking world will prove that, God fucking damnit?

Guest Nevermortal

My friends were there and here's what they told me about the Wifebeater/Zandig Match:

They had ran an "Athletic Commissioner" angle towards the end of the match. When Wifebeater used the weedwhacker, the "Commissioner" stopped the match, but Zandig said no, and they said "I Quit".

Guest dreamer420

If you look at the list of wrestlers who competed for each company last night, there is no comparison what so ever. The ROH group had way better talent competing for them last night.

Guest Last Warrior

What time did the two respective shows start and how long would it take for a fan going to both shows to get from the first show to the second show?

Guest Miss Indy Queen

On Saturday, Ring of Honor started at 5pm and ended around 8:45. It was suppose to end by 8pm so CZW can start, but their matches were running longer that what was expected. CZW didn't start to around 9:30 because they were waiting for ROH to finish and then had to start up their show. The Murphey Rec Center is around 5 blocks away from the Arena so it's within walking distance. I don't know if they plan to do this again but it was definitely worth it going to both shows although watching wrestling from 5pm - 1:45am can get tiresome.

Guest Last Warrior

It must also be a bit of a burden on the wallet to go to two wrestling shows in one night. Tickets, drinks, merchandise etc.

Guest Miss Indy Queen

Well the reason why I was so tired was because I went to an Indy show on friday which was Jersey All Pro Wrestling, then to have to get up early on saturday to go from NY to Philly to see ROH, to then go to CZW. I didn't get home till almost 5am and I was burnt by the time I was home. As for it hitting the wallet, it wasn't so bad because I paid for tickets ahead of time so all I had to worry about that day was food, videos, etc. All in all both shows were off the charts in my opinion.

Well the reason why I was so tired was because I went to an Indy show on friday which was Jersey All Pro Wrestling, then to have to get up early on saturday to go from NY to Philly to see ROH, to then go to CZW. I didn't get home till almost 5am and I was burnt by the time I was home. As for it hitting the wallet, it wasn't so bad because I paid for tickets ahead of time so all I had to worry about that day was food, videos, etc. All in all both shows were off the charts in my opinion.

That does sound like a pretty fully on day :)

How much did your tickets cost? We (in the uk) usually have to pay more than everyone else in the world, so i was just wondering if its the same for indy tickets?

ChUnK!

Guest Miss Indy Queen

I guess that's why I'm lucky to live in the Northeast to have an opportunity like this. I actually did something like this in August. I went to the ROH show in Boston on Saturday, flew back home Sunday to make it to Summerslam, to then go to Raw at MSG that Monday to then go to an Indy show on Friday. (There was actually a show the night before, but I couldn't make it).

Well for these past shows, the price for the tickets on friday were $15 dollars to get in, ROH was $15 dollars and CZW was $15 also I believe(typically it's $20). I actually went on the bus trip that was promoting the 2 shows, which was a total of $60 for both shows on Saturday and transporation going and coming back.

Typically tickets range between $15-$20 for general admission.

Sounds like a fair price. my ticket for FWA's december show cost £20.

If only flights to the east coast of america weren't so expensive lol.