TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bps "The Truth" 21

TNA to give a surprise main event this week?

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Jeremy Borash stated last night on No Holds Barred (NoHoldsBarredWrestling.com) that TNA will likely have a surprise main event this Wednesday. He added that the match will not be announced in advance but an angle will happen on the show to set the match up.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

So would we all bet that it's Killings vs. Whoever Mr. Wrestling III is?

Guest goodhelmet

sounds logical... or maybe it's the long awaited hall and xpac vs. lawler and jarrett match that everyone can't wait for. sorry, i was being facetious.

sure, it's going to be the truth vs. armstrong x

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

It could also be the finals of the tournament if they just wanted to make that end (IE mercy kill it) this week.

JJ faces Pac in the semifinal this week (which is fine by me)

then the winner (coughJJcough) has to face B.G. Armstrong in the finals (which is lame)

And the G stands for "I'm horribly out of shape and can't for the life of me remember what a wrestling match is supposed to look like"

Guest converge241

surprise main events = bonus main events

i.e last minute , and usually not good.

its got to be bs spin, because thats what it always is..they need to advertise every mani event ahead of time to get more buys

Guest converge241

lol

relatively speaking bps..you knew what i meant

they "advertised" this surprise main event

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I'm betting that they just got figured out how to end the mr. Wrestling angle and gave it the green light.

Why isn't Styles on this card.

That's what the fans want to know.

Guest goodhelmet

i think even though they aren't doing mainstream advertising, at the end of each week ,they could highlight what the main event is going to be. hell, even two or three weeks in advance, build up to a main event calibre match. my problem with nwa is the problem i had with wcw in the end. no continuity, no connection with the wrestlers, hit or miss good matches. hopefully, this panda deal will help remedy these problems.

Guest RedJed
i think even though they aren't doing mainstream advertising, at the end of each week ,they could highlight what the main event is going to be. hell, even two or three weeks in advance, build up to a main event calibre match. my problem with nwa is the problem i had with wcw in the end. no continuity, no connection with the wrestlers, hit or miss good matches. hopefully, this panda deal will help remedy these problems.

Its gotta be the Killings-Wrestling 3 match.

I hope though then that they take out a few of the matches from the lineup right now, like the mixed tag and perhaps the 4 way tag elimination.

Guest eirejmcmahon

Borash only said a day or two back that we wouldn't see Mister Wrestling III vs Killings this week.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Maybe Panda signed someone, and the internet has no knowledge of it. It's a logical assumption, based on facts we already know.

My money's on The Sandman or Mike Awesome

Guest the 1inch punch
Maybe Panda signed someone, and the internet has no knowledge of it. It's a logical assumption, based on facts we already know.

Awesome is only of those 90 day things, isnt he

Plus he sucks

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Plus he sucks

Yeah, but so do the rest of the NWA Heavyweights so what's the difference? (Just kidding)

Sandman would be awesome though. The lights are dimmed, the music starts, the entrace alone is worth the price of admission.

Guest converge241

"Maybe Panda signed someone, and the internet has no knowledge of it. It's a logical assumption, based on facts we already know."

welcome back Rick Steiner :)

Awesome would be a good fit if its him

Guest Tony149

I would think Awesome is free to go. Were him & Sanders released at the same time? Sanders' 90 clause is up, so he can appear any time.

Guest job squad
I would think Awesome is free to go. Were him & Sanders released at the same time? Sanders' 90 clause is up, so he can appear any time.

no awesome was let go around a month ago while sanders was relesed in the hwa purge

Guest I Fear Hogans Air Guitair

Wher's Styles on the card could it be that he is MR Wrestling 3.

Guest dreamer420

It wouldn't be the Sandman as he really doesn't fit into TNA and his retirement show is coming up pretty soon with XPW anyway.

Mike Awesome is probably still under some kind of WWE lock and key, and I think he is heading to to Japan.

My money is on AJ Styles vs. The Truth or Mr. Wrestling III vs. The Truth.

Guest converge241

i read the results..

what was the surprise main? just making the x title into a three way?

Guest Slapnuts00
i read the results..

what was the surprise main? just making the x title into a three way?

Yup. It was never officially announced as "A SUPRISE MAIN EVENT!" like ECW's muched hype bomb on their last PPV, but only a comment made by Borash in an interview, obviously referring to Styles being added as a suprise, and everyone sort of overreacted...

Guest converge241

i knew it...

i tried to tell everyone it never works

the only time you get a satisfying surprise

IS WHEN YOU DONT ANNOUNCE IT

Guest Your Olympic Hero

Plus he sucks

Go watch any of his matches from ECW against Masato Tanaka and say he sucks again. Maybe in a more laid back environment like NWA TNA he could be good again, but not with the WWE fucks holding him back.

Guest dreamer420

Awesome never did adapt to the WWE very well, although he was impressive in t he old WCW on occasion. Given the right platform to perform he does kick ass.