TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest HVilleThugg

The Official Website Thread

Guest HVilleThugg

Well, if I intend on seeing, then I don't have much of a choice.

Da "thugs wear glasses dammit! don't hate" H

Guest Beingz0wningj00

Thugg... the site isn't loading. :(

I want to see some rankings... let's see me ranked #10 now, ha! Be-hotch!

Guest HVilleThugg

Well, for starters...my server is down. Why is it down you ask?? I don't know...probably because the Internet is down at my friend's house, where it lives. Or maybe that bastard did something to it, in which case, I"ll have to kill him. But I think it's the former cause my email is down as well, which runs off the same server.

Secondly, server or no server, I haven't done the rankings, so you'd be looking in vain for stats. Actually, I might have time to do it tomorrow, and if my server is back up, you can look for it then.

Da "wonders how come JD doesn't IM him anymore... :(" H

Guest Beingz0wningj00

I access most of the time at work... seeing as how I work for MSN instead of AIM... I am kind of handicapped with the whole AIM issue.

Guest Beingz0wningj00

*Gets 15,000 fans behind him*

"WHERE'S OUR WEBSITE!!!"

"WHERE'S OUR WEBSITE!!!"

"WHERE'S OUR WEBSITE!!!"

"WHERE'S OUR WEBSITE!!!"

"WHERE'S OUR WEBSITE!!!"

"WHERE'S OUR WEBSITE!!!"

"WHERE'S OUR WEBSITE!!!"

"WHERE'S OUR WEBSITE!!!"

"WHERE'S OUR WEBSITE!!!"

"WHERE'S OUR WEBSITE!!!"

"WHERE'S OUR WEBSITE!!!"

Guest HVilleThugg

I swear to God...I'm going to come find you, rip your dick off, and beat you to death with it!

The fucking server is still down due to some Internet problems caused by fucking Verizon and their infinite wisdom. I don't know what it'll be fixed, but as soon as it is, you can be sure that I'll get right to not doing the rankings.

Da "realizes that he doesn't exactly want to touch JD's dick" H

Guest El Luchadore Magnifico

*hands Thugg some latex gloves and a pair of garden shears*

I'm starting to work on the new design. Might have one done by the weekend, might not.

/me has final posts on all three boards.

(above message to be outdated shortly)

Guest El Luchadore Magnifico
Now that's just owe.

Hey, I'm just trying to make this at least somewhat humane. I'm pretty sure it can be reattached on a clean cut, but if it's ripped off, well...

Guest HVilleThugg

Johnny Stone...you're version 2 is the main one that's gonna be there when you get it done. I was under the impression that it will probably take you a while to do it cause you're also writing, so I asked Atlas to throw something together for the time being...mainly cause I'm sick of looking at the site the way it is (no offense, Mark).

It really doesn't matter right now cause the server is down, and it seems that it has no signs of being up any time soon...so I just don't know what the deal is.

Da "fucking Verizon" H

If the one I'm making is an interim site, then I don't mind at all. I'll even host it on my server, along with the SJL site. Once I get up to date with all the SWF happenings, I'll be able to update for a bit too, while Johnny gets his version done.

What would help is having access to the currend site, which is down. Thugg, if you have any mirrors set up, or a local version of it that you can send over, it'd really help out.

Guest HVilleThugg

::sigh::

Uhhhh...the unfortunate thing is that I don't really have a mirror set up or all the local files. I basically have bits and pieces that I've worked on from different computers...but I would send you something, if...my fucking email wasn't down as well. My email runs on the same server that the website runs on, so I have nothing working right now.

As far as the server goes, I have no idea when it'll be up again. Hopefully soon though. It's housed at my friend's house, and Verizon did something to his Internet, and hasn't gotten the server back up yet. I've been calling him for days, and I don't know where he is. As soon as I find him, I'll go over there and try to get the server up and running.

Atlas, if you wanna update, that's fine...the thing is that I'd rather keep the site on the server it's on until we figure out the permanent home for it. Many people have the site, and it's even linked on theSmartMarks main page, so moving to your server would mess a lot of things up. I suppose I could do a simple redirect, but I don't like redirects...but I suppose I could do it if I had to.

Grrrrr!

This whole website business angers me.

Da "day just keeps getting worse" H

You wouldn't have to change any of the redirects, really. I figure if Johnny gets the site done in around a month or two (random guess), I could host the interim site. No redirects required from your end or the smartmarks end. It's just a temporary solution anyway.

If anything, we could use theswf.net for the time being, and eventually, once the final V.2 if done, I'd close down my site (both of them, as I assume the V.2 site would encompass the JL) and the URL would point to Johnny's website. We could do a whole countdown thingy to debut it, too.

Edit: I found a way to get the info from your site, Thugg. Google's Cached Pages. Make sure to click the "Cached" link in the results.

A month or two is a good estimation on my version. I could do it quicker if i didn't try and write my losing matches all the time. :D but hey, whatever.

As far as the JL goes, I'm still trying to figure out how to limit the features of the SWF site for the SJL portion. What I could really use is a good graphic/pattern for a dark background, and a header desgined for the top of the page. I could do it myself but I thought it might be a good way to include others into this.

Guest HVilleThugg

::cries::

It's so nice to see people other than me working on this website!

:)

Da "I'm so damn lazy, it's really very sad" H

Guest Grand Slam

Tell me what you want in a little more detail Secret Agent Man and I shall deliver... hopefully...

BTW, Thugg, I went ahead and opened a new server slot for the site. I decided to go for broke and got it with the following:

Disk Space 1GB

Data Transfer 20,000MB

Mail Control Center YES

E-Mail POP3 Accounts UNLIMITED

E-Mail Forwards UNLIMITED

E-Mail Aliases UNLIMITED

E-Mail Autoresponders UNLIMITED

FTP Accounts 1

FTP Usage UNLIMITED

ODBC System DSN Connections UNLIMITED

MS Access Database YES

MS SQL Server 2000 Database YES

MS SQL 7 YES

SQL Server Space 250MB

That is more than enough for what we should ever need, but hey just incase. It's fifty bucks a month too, so that should propell me to get this thing going in a jiffy. I hate paying for empty server space.

AND unlike greedy Hville Thugg, I'll give FTP usage to those who need it. Atlas (Who I hope would work with me on the website(s) as he has proven to be very talented thus far) and Stevens. Ok, Thugg you can too, and i was kidding about the greedy bit. At least I don't whine at you like Day Jawg.

Your Welcome, SWF and SJL.

I'd be happy to help with most things, though I don't know CF, or whatever else you're using on the site. But basic layout related tasks, graphics, content, updates, etc. I can do.

Onto more relvenat things though, I basically finished a redesign of the SWF Website. Some sections, liek the Columns, Gear, and several others still aren't completed, but that'll come eventually. I'm not sure if I got the roster comepltely right, and I could still use some other things from Thugg's site, but in general, it's done:

Enjoy.

Guest HVilleThugg

That does look real good...exactly what I had in mind. I can round out the rest of stuff that's missing, like rankings (which I was supposed to do a while ago). Great work.

My server should be up within the next day or two...and I'd like to move the site back over there so I can make updates and such. There's no need for you, Atlas, to be forced to update both sites, especially since it means that you must pay attention to both the JL and WF, while also persuing your career. I can handle the WF...and as soon as Dames has our space set up over here, I'll make the transfer there and we'll set up accounts for you, me, Johnny D, and Mark so that all of us can update.

Sound good?

Da "wishes he had the graphics skills that you have" H

No problem. Though remember, the design is all HTML based, with come CSS here and there. Feel free to change it and clean up the source code on the pages, since it really is a huge mess right now.

Also, once Dames gets the server space here, I'd like to move the SJL site onto it as well. My server isn't doing as well as I'd hoped, with slow upload speed and all. I'm assuming the space Dames provides will give us FTP access?