TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest redbaron51

Okay folks some issues i like to complain

Guest redbaron51

First of all. Be realistic.

I mean if your guy is 270+ pounds and is 6'6 but movin like mysterio, its not realistic is it. (Points to Flexxx) I mean some moves, and there description makes no sence at all because of the Human Body can not bend in certain ways.

Also people have all these moves and nick-names for there moves because of unique-ness. I mean one or two isn't bad and the finisher, but every fricken move? C'mon now.

And...

Zoinks...

I'm tired...

Guest Perfect_Bo

Sorry damn...

Oh wait, I suck, it cant be me...

Continue..

Bo

Guest Low Brass

Blarg.  Stupid Flexxx.  MVS does the thing with the moves too.  Damn you all.

Guest AnnieEclectic

Hey, i jump around and I'm speedy.....

oh yeah, I'm 140 lbs and 5' 9"

I'm a fricken rail... heh....

-Annie E

Guest Ash Ketchum

Xero, I've double and triple-checked my stats...

And it's possible for not only my character, with his stats, to pull them off, but I can explain how each move CAN be pulled off as well in pretty damn good detail.

And that's only about five moves that would be in question for me. :)

Guest Beingz0wningj00

Public Service Announcement

Ash... stop sucking so much ass. I repeat, stop sucking so much ass.

Thank you.

Guest Suicide King

I agree.  Move realism is important, but ultimately hard to enforce.  The thing people can control is NAMING EVERY DAMNED ONE OF THEIR MOVES!!!  Bloody egomaniacs. IF you have named more than five of your moves, I mean you.  No one has that many named moves, and it's rude of you to ask your opponents to use them and explain them, wasting their words on a stupd atomic drop you felt the name to personalize.

Guest Beingz0wningj00

*smokes King with a half nelson face first Russian Leg Sweep*

Bam! You've been hit with the Dawg Buster!

Guest Ash Ketchum

Bah. You first.

And I name a lot of my oves just because if I didn't... well you really want me to start using their LONGER technical names?

Which is better:

Mew Driver

or

Cradle Samoan Driver ending in a sit-out Tombstone style

Once again:

Johto Street Cutter III

or

Body Press into a 3/4 Turn Press Neckbreaker.

Well, you know what? I'll just shut my damn mouth before I dig myself into a hole and go back to writing my match. :)

And JD... you stop sucking first. :P

Guest Ash Ketchum

However, King is right on one point.

If you can, limit the number of moves you name.

Guest redbaron51

Well ash, you defeated me, by no-show of course.

and still I think the unrealistic of moves is done.

I mean if your 200 pounds, and your doing. Powerbomb, Chokeslam, Body Press Slam, its not realistic is it under signature moves.

Guest Insane Clown Dan

Me not beingz Mysterio. Read the friggin' descriptions of the stats... he was never as fast as a cruiser. He was as fast-PACED as the Rock, not fast, and it even says that the character doesn't use even as much of that speed, alone, anymore.

I'll change them for nitpickers like you, OK... if it shuts you up for good.

Edit : Look at my stats, Xero. Speed = AVERAGE. Edit my name out of your first post or be e-castrated.

Guest Ace309

I just hate when every single one of someone's moves are high-risk, high-impact things.

No. I'm sorry. You don't just go out there and hit a Tope Suicida, then a top-rope 1080-degree spinning piledriver, then a shooting star senton with a twist, and then start warming up for your finisher.

I know that everyone can use clotheslines,vertical suplexes,  punches and such... but damn....

- Ace309

"Hey, Kettle... you're black."

Guest Insanityman

*Nods slowly glances over stats* Okay... I have some editing to do. I have... I think four named moves... no more, yeah I'll change that. Sorry.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Don't fold for these suckers, IL!  Brink of Insanity 4 liiiiiife!

I never worry about those things considering all I do is read their entrance, and their finishers, and write whatever the hell I want.

Oh, I also check to see the style they fight in.

And then, they will do as many armdrags, and hammerlocks as I bloody desire, and if I can't think of what move they should do, I'll look through their moves and pick one. That's about it.

Guest Zero_Cool

Speaking of unrealistic moves..I remember reading Xero's stats during in the old Euro Title tourney.  I was always wondering how his 450 leg drop would work.  If memory serves me right, doing a 450 into any sort of leg drop would be like a huge ass knee drop.  Xero, can you explain this move?  I've always wondered what you were going for.

Guest Muzz

Argh, I got in trouble before for naming my moves. The same people who had a go at me we're the same people who had three finishers, and all named. I've only had one finisher through my entire career.

I did cut back on naming my moves, but I always grumble about it.

Guest redbaron51
Speaking of unrealistic moves..I remember reading Xero's stats during in the old Euro Title tourney.  I was always wondering how his 450 leg drop would work.  If memory serves me right, doing a 450 into any sort of leg drop would be like a huge ass knee drop.  Xero, can you explain this move?  I've always wondered what you were going for.

Munich, have you heard of the Harlem Hangover. Its a move that Booker T use to do in WCW. A 450 Leg Drop.

Besides someone else had the name Harlem Hangover for its move, and didn't want to copy the name.

Guest 5_moves_of_doom

Well, for me I only named two of my moves, which were my finishers by the way. And it's true, TNT does sometimes pull off a moonsault despite his size, but he only does it on the rare circumstnaces that he gets cocky, and if Vader could do it, I can too dammit. ;)

Guest Zero_Cool

I have/had one iffy high flying move.  It was a springboard shooting star press.  My guy was 260...

then again, if Brock Lesnar can do one....

Guest Tod deKindes

If I can add to the topic...

And what's with the 10 words long names for a finisher?? You'll see a guy name his move the Ultimate Cause Of Primal Ending Deadly Demising Death...and the move is like, a DDT.

Just keep your finishers and names short and original. Like mine for example: Spirit Breaker and Cerebral Driver. Short and original, no?

Guest Muzz

*Sacred gives Tod the Ultimate Cause Of Primal Ending Deadly Demising Death*

The name makes it so much deadlier.

Guest Grand Slam

As far as named moves go, I think the fewer names the better.  It makes the moves attached to the names more special.  Personally, I have 2 named finishers (Walk-Off, Seventh Inning Stretch), 1 named move (The Grand Slam) and a named combo (Double Play).  That's it.

High-flying moves?  Well, Grand Slam has three off the top rope, but nothing I'd qualify as high-flying.  I'll do a superplex, a flying elbow and my patented moonsault.  That's it.  Grand Slam is 6'6, 287 so I don't see him pulling off Shooting Star Presses and Flying Headscissors.  Not really his style anyways.

I have always had a problem with people who fill their move list with all high-risk stuff.  Hard to write.  Also, people who fill their move lists with suplexes and powerslams, then have a 1 or 2 strength kinda irk me...

Guest chirs3

I used to have "Moonsault" in my stats...

And the two matches I actually used it in, I lost.

Hmmm....

Guest Suicide King

I mock you, Chris Raynor!

Mock mock mock!!!!!

And on a completely unrelated note, Chris Benoit is a really cool guy.  Mark Stevens and I got our pictures taken with him last night at the HWA show.