TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jobber of the Week

The power bidmay be a work, but the heat is legit

Guest Jobber of the Week
Many NWA: TNA wrestlers are upset about not being told that Vince Russo is still with the company. The Jarretts and Russo decided to keep their deal a secret from the workers in order to deliver a major swerve to conclude the PPV this week, but this does not sit well with many wrestlers.

Sean Waltman (Syxx-Pac) has stated in the past that he would leave TNA if Russo was given creative control, and if Waltman leaves, Scott Hall will also likely leave.

---

As reported earlier, TNA wrestlers were not told in advance that Vince Russo was returning to the company and that he would be on the PPV this week. While most felt Russo was gone from TNA, many started suspecting that Russo was involved creatively.

The locker room reaction to Russo's return is said to be 50/50, with each side feeling passionately about their stance. Many are very offended that TNA swerved everyone including their own workers. Interestingly enough, Russo was hidden from the entire locker room before his appearance and was again hidden after the show.

Guest BoboBrazil

best reaction ever=mike tenay saying holy shit on the air, you could tell he was kept in the dark

Guest Youth N Asia

He could start a "company killer" gimmick similar to what Mike Awesome had in WCW, "career killer."

How long till he's world champ and till he puts the X belt on Dustin Diamond?

Guest BifEverchad
best reaction ever=mike tenay saying holy shit on the air, you could tell he was kept in the dark

Tenay sounded more surprised than me. I was rolling on the floor when I heard him..

"HOLY SHIT!"

:P

Guest Youth N Asia

So I guess it's no longer an alternative to the WWE anymore. I won't order any shows as long as Russo puts his mug on tv.

Guest Gary Busey

Anyone have a video captures of Russo revealing himself? I'm a sucker for surprises and would love to hear Tenay's reaction.

Guest dreamer420

I'm thinking Tenay would have known in advance, just because TNA wouldn't want risk something bad happening on air.

I hope Russo's return doesn't cause certain talent to leave TNA because they need all the names they can get and Syxx-Pac would be a terrible loss.

Guest oldschoolwrestling
I'm thinking Tenay would have known in advance, just because TNA wouldn't want risk something bad happening on air.

I hope Russo's return doesn't cause certain talent to leave TNA because they need all the names they can get and Syxx-Pac would be a terrible loss.

They revealed him with only a minute left in the show so not much could really have happened.

Syxx has absolutely no where to go so I don't think we'll be seeing to many people jumping. At least not til Russo makes them do something absolutely stupid.

Guest dreamer420

You never know. If Tenay had legit heat with Russo and were to say fuck, or even something worse then they could get into real trouble.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

My understanding of the situation is as follows:

1. There was a power struggle between Russo and Jerry Jarrett.

2. Several of the talent (Tenay, Pac, Hall) said they would leave TNA if Russo won.

3. Panda bought TNA and Jerry Jarrett won the power struggle.

4. Jarrett offered Russo a contract to continue producing backstage segments and promos.

5. Russo is back.

There is NO WAY in hell that Jarrett gave the power to Russo after winning the struggle.

Period.

Russo has a job because he accepted the conditions of the offer.

Therefore no one should have any complaints in the roster, because the situation is the same as it was a month ago.

Guest dreamer420

Russo's role in TNA right now is probably very similar to that of Eric Bischoff's in WWE. No real power but has a on-air role.

Of course with that said, I think we have all noticed the changes to Raw since Eric took control, as some things have been pretty WCW-ish

Guest Slapnuts00
Russo's role in TNA right now is probably very similar to that of Eric Bischoff's in WWE. No real power but has a on-air role.

Of course with that said, I think we have all noticed the changes to Raw since Eric took control, as some things have been pretty WCW-ish

See, but the difference is Eric has NO real power at all backstage, while Vince Russo is still definitely producing segments and probably at least offering booking ideas as well. He's also set up to take control if the situation warrants itself, while Eric basically has no chance with the Mcmahons in charge.

Guest Hogan Made Wrestling

So Pac and Hall are claiming they will quit because of Russo? So that would make them "Outsiders" right? I can see it now:

Tenay: MY GOD, HALL AND X-PAC HAVE INVADED NWA:TNA! THEY DON'T WORK HERE ANYMORE..WAIT, THEY ARE WITH RUSSO! AND HERE'S JARRETT WITH THE GUITAR SHOT TO THE TRUTH! THE BAND IS BACK TOGETHER, AGAIN!

Dear God, this shit is too predictable.

Guest Jobber of the Week

Also, Russo is a different creature from Bischoff, and a small gig like TNA is way different from WWE.

See, WWE has enough power egos and layers of bosses that political power plays are hard unless you're directly friends with the McMahon family.

With Russo, well, you can SAY he's only on-air, but that's just how it starts....

Guest dreamer420

From what I read Russo has been gone from TNA's creatvive process for a couple weeks now. They could have reported that just to swerve us, or it could be that Russo is in an on-air role only.

Looking back the Lawler/April/Bruce angle reeks of Vince Russo though.

Guest Tony149

But you also have to remember the Rainbow Express, the Dupps were all Jerry's ideas. Just because it seems like Russo doesn't mean it is.

Guest BobBacklundRules

Raw seems WCW-ish because it was supposed to be, Raw would be the heel show and Smackdown would be the face show in a ratings war between the two. So Vince hired Eric as the Raw GM so it would have more of a WCW feel to it. But that's such a stupid idea that it'll never work so people think that Raw is under Bischoff's controll.

Guest RedJed

I don't think Russo has any creative stroke anymore, he had his chance to write for the company and it didn't warrant many positives if any at all. Jarrett saw that and then with the Panda stuff, realized that Russo is someone he probably can't trust. So what did he do? Offered him a role as a heel, what else?! Assuming all of the talk about the Panda politicing is accurate, then I don't see Russo having a hand in the book at all anymore and what basically probably happened was Jeff talked him back into an on-screen role only. I'm sure Russo loves being on camera, so he took it. Saves him alot of headaches......he just gets to act and not think of ideas or write.

Guest Your Olympic Hero
He could start a "company killer" gimmick similar to what Mike Awesome had in WCW, "career killer."

How long till he's world champ and till he puts the X belt on Dustin Diamond?

:throwup:

Guest goodhelmet

pure and simple, russo in any capacity is not a good thing. the writing is sub-par even during the attitude era and the on-screen presence is not happening. the guy is not over with anyone but smarks (who mainly detest him) and there is no way you can say russo on the tv screen is a good thing.

Guest dreamer420

Russo can be a very hated heel. As long as he isn't given the chance to put himself over the top talent in the company and book himself into the world title I'm fine with him on the shows.