TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest FakeRazor

WWE Smackdown 4 Review

Guest redbaron51

bah....

just a generic wrestling game with a few freaks and peaks, and still the art of no-selling :)

Guest andrinorcc

Ok...This is an awesome game. The one horrible thing about it is...NO REY MYSTERIO! too bad. I have to create him, but I need to unlock his mask. :(

Guest Jobber of the Week

I think he means feedback on his article, guys. Not the game. ;)

Nicely written, but drop the star ratings for graphics and stuff. It's not like you're reviewing a wrestling match and the snowflakes are becoming a cliche anyway. Just say in your article whether you think these things are good or bad.

Guest Midnight Express83

star ratings making it easy to sum up an opinion. It was real good.

Guest redbaron51

oh the article....

well it was very well done, and i've never seen you give anything above ***1/2 stars.

Guest Insane Bump Machine
Standing finishers are hard as hell to pull off at times, whereas top rope and submission finishers are easy to pull off. This gives guys like Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, Rob Van Dam and others with submission or high flying finishers a big advantage. The main problem with standing finishers is that stunning an opponent is rather inconsistent. It seems like only certain punches, kicks or reversals will work to stun an opponent. It can get quite frustrating at times, which often leads me to saying “fuck the finisher, I’ll just finish him off with a Northern Lights Suplex,” or something like that

What is your problem there? Just hit your opponent with a toe kick and they are stunned EVERY TIME if they don't counter it. Standing finishers are just as easy as other ones.

Guest andrinorcc

That is an awesome article. I enjoyed reading it and comparing your opinions with mine. I agree with the submission part. I hate how it stays on for about 3 seconds. It should stay on longer. The graphics are awesome! I like the entrances. My step-father thought that one of the entrances was real wrestling and not a videogame. These are big improvements from the other games. Compare SD4 with SD1. That is tremendous!

Guest Slapnuts00

Easy way to stun: whip opponent into turnbuckle and follow up with a running clothesline. Your opponent will be stunned and tunble around allowing you to hit a standing finisher (I use this method with Brock all the time).

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Ummmmm, morons? Why not just press X in the middle of an Irish Whip to stun him?

Guest The Old Me

Uh, why not just press"X", the punch/kick button and press down/left to kick your opponent in the gut?

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Uh, why not just press"X", the punch/kick button and press down/left to kick your opponent in the gut?

Not every character has the toe kick, every character can do that spinny elbow thing off an Irish Whip.

Guest Retro Rob

Great review. Honestly, I wasn't really interested in picking up the game because of the illustrious history of the SmackDown! series, but after reading your review, I'm reconsidering that decision.