TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dangerous A

A bit of a dilemma

Guest Dangerous A

In my Fantasy football league I'm in at work, I need to win this weekend to make the playoffs. My dilemma is at quarterback.

My starting quarterback is Chad Pennington. While he's not great, he's ok. I just picked up Matt Hassellbeck off the free agent list.

Do I start Pennington, who is more reliable, or do I go with the hot Hassellbeck, who is facing a tough Eagles defense this weekend?

In my league, we only start one quarterback.

Who should I go with?

Guest LaParkaMarka

That is a tough decision, since Hasselbeck played so well against the Niners. I still think you should stick with Pennington though. Hasselbeck did throw two picks in that game last weekend, so if picks hurt as much as they do in my league, then it wouldn't be worth it. Pennington is (I think) usually good for 200 yrds, 2 tds, no picks right? Stick with that, unless you're playing against a far superior QB and you desperately need the points.

Guest Dangerous A

Picks are -4 in my league. You get 1 point every 25 yards passed and 6 for every touchdown thrown or ran in for quarterbacks.

I am going up against a team that starts Rich Gannon. My running backs and Wide recievers carry my team. (Ricky Williams, Clinton Portis, Randy Moss, Jerry Rice)

Guest LaParkaMarka

Ah, Rich Gannon. My MVP. He's picked up the slack left behind by my horrible running game.

Generally, Gannon puts up monster numbers, so that's not cool that you have to face him. Does he have strong RB's and WR's too? If he looks to have a strong chance to beat you, then I think I'd just go Hasselbeck. Might as well take a chance. If it's going to be close though, I think I'd want to stick with Pennington. You probably know the capabilities of both QB's a little better than me though.

Guest El Satanico

I'd go with Pennington personally.

Eagles defense is playing with purpose now and seem detirmined to keep the team winning without Donovan, so i don't think I'd want to rely on a QB who's playing them.

Guest The Man in Blak

Exactly. Right now, any QB that draws the Eagles (or Tampa Bay) is benchable, especially in a league where INTs count for 4 point deductions. Go with Pennington.