TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest BA_Baracus

A possible new show idea...

Guest BA_Baracus

PROMO (Stubby P. McWeed);

"Okay, a couple things.

1) What's happening with archiving stuff from the old board?  Who's responsible and what do you have saved?

2) Second, I've been thinking about doing some sort of "from the vault" type thing where we show old matches from our "archives".  

So...how should it be done?  As a seperate show every couple of weeks, or should we just regularly feature an old match on our normal shows?

Also, how should we go about choosing which matches to uhm..."replay"?

That's about it...

Mothernature says, RVSP..."

Guest crusen86

Well, I've got the following saved:

IGNWF Awards

Final ML Show

ML Crimson April 23rd

Erm, I thought I had Ground Zero. I better track that down. If you want anything specific, post and I'll attempt to nab it.

As for old matches, I say replay them randomly in shows, with the occasional special show.

Guest Beingz0wningj00

And you were complaining about Smarkdown being too WWF'ish. ;)

Good plan nonetheless. We were building up the shows, but I guess we are going to have to post them somewhere.

Guest BA_Baracus

"Well...we should get the PPVs and some of the better promos/non-PPV matches saved.

Old, er I mean 'classic' matches would be good filler when we get double no-shows.

But seriously...I can't think of another e-fed that has been doing weekly shows almost constantly for a year and a half.  Thousands of pages have been written for this fed, so we may as well highlight some of the best stuff.

Mothernature says indeed..."

Guest Grand Slam

Well, if you want my opinion...

An archive show would be great.  Good time to do it?  The shows we miss due to PPV's.  For example, the Smarkdown after a PPV.  Then the shows continue on a schedule, but we don;t have to write.  And the archive shows can be done a week or two ahead of time and be ready to post so the "archiver" can be ready for the PPV (either as a marker or worker).

As to what should be saved?  Well, everything.  Every show and every promo that can be found.  If I had access I would do it myself and burn it all onto a CD.  Someone should save our history, not little bits and pieces of it.  Anything lost to this point may be able to be dragged together from individual's Hard Drives.

C'mon folks, this is our tape archive, so to speak.  We need this because our history is one of the best things about the fed!  Who's with me?

Guest DxRxExWxF

Not to be evil or anything, but there are hundreds of e-federations that have about the same schedule as us... two shows a week and one PPV a month. Just letting you know...

And as far as this subject goes, I'll start going back to the beginning of the board and copying/saving as much of the "good stuff" I can find. I have off on Friday, and with nothing to do probably until the night, I'll be able to spend time archiving. If people would like to make personal requests as to what I should look for, tell me and I'll keep an extra eye out for it. Because I'm a loser...

Guest HVilleThugg

If it's possible, can some one grab a couple things for me.  I lost all my stuff in the great Coca-Cola fiasco.

1. My first world title win against ELM.

2. My JL Last Man Standing Match against Zio...I think it was Metal

3. My JL World title match where I stole the title from Xstasy...it's booked as Xstasy vs. ELM

I can't think of anything else...but I'll post if I do.  But those are my favorites, and I'd like to have them for memories.

Da "shedding a tear for the memories" H

Guest TheBostonStrangler

Well, I might go archiving this weekend. My weekend looks REAL empty....so that might be a way to kill time.

Guest Christian_Fury

Well, since people are going digging, I have 2 requests:

1) I'm still looking for my losing 3-Man, 2 Title match from the old ML days (sorry Sarah, you sent me a different one...). It was from June 17, or there abouts. Me, Thoth, and Ash were involved.

2) My winning match against LDP in his now-famous (or infamous) Miami Mayhem stip match. Uhm, not sure of the date or show on that one... Was a JL show. Not much help, I know...

These would be much appreciated, thank you!

Guest Suicide King

An archive show would be fantastic.  And I agree with Mark's idea about the scheduling of it as well.  

Hey crusen, while you're out archiving pick up some of my old matches and promos would ya?

Guest BA_Baracus

"Hmmm...

...the Storm before PPVs would be the classics show eh?  

That sounds pretty good.

I don't have any requests since all my matches are saved on my hard drive anyways.

Mothernature doesn't know what to say..."

Guest Low Brass

I have every singl PPV except for Genesis I and From the Fire Again.  I have all the matches from them, all the promos that were posted on them, the entire PPVs.  Just tell me when and where to post them, and I will.

Guest Suicide King

Well, Crusen, since you asked...

Promowise, all I really need is "Revenge is a dish best served in New Hampshire," from when I was still a face.  It was posted just before Genesis 2 I believe.

Matchwise, of course, my beating Thugg for the title.

My beating Thugg and Magnifico in a handicap match back when I was a face.

The retirement of Raynor match.

My first defeat of Stevens in the tournament leading up to Genesis 2.

My defeat of Perfect Bo, one round previous.

And the last ever Stables title match, Carnies v IGNWO.

That enough for ya?

:D

Guest Ash Ketchum

The show Fury is questioning about is the July 16th edition of IGNML Crimson, which contained a three-way ladder match between Thoth, Fury, and myself. Fogetting who became Western US Champ, I remember I got Thoth's TV Title, so I think it was Thoth as Western US Champ. He also wrote the winning match, I believe.

Guest crusen86

King, there's no way I'm going back through individual Storms and the like to find stuff. Either it's a PPV or you have the date, yo.

I'll start looking tonight/tomorrow.

Guest Christian_Fury
<snip!>

...I remember I got Thoth's TV Title, so I think it was Thoth as Western US Champ...

That would be the one, Ash.... I think in everyone's match, you got gold. And I think I got screwed in both of your guys' matches. ;)

Anyway, Crusen found my losing effort, and I'm gonna post it shortly, for posterity's sake.