TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest converge241

"Guns N Roses" tour canceled

Guest converge241

its over Johnny

per shoutweb.com

Guns N' Roses Cancel Tour

Guns N' Roses have cancelled the remaining dates of their U.S. tour for which CKY was opening. No official reason for the cancellation has been announced.

Guest converge241

On Wednesday evening, concert promoter Clear Channel Entertainment confirmed what a source close to the band told MTV News on Monday — Guns N' Roses' tour has been canceled.

"The remainder of the Guns N' Roses concert dates promoted by

Clear Channel Entertainment have been canceled," read a brief statement to the press. "Refunds will be available at point of purchase."

The string of shuttered shows runs through January. No reason was given for pulling the plug.

Earlier this week, Clear Channel would only confirm that shows from December 6 to 9, in Philadelphia and Washington, D.C., were canceled, and earlier on Wednesday would only say that that evening's show was called off (see "Guns N' Roses Dates Canceled")

Word of the tour's premature end came after the band canceled a show Friday at Philadelphia's First Union Center. A minor disturbance followed, mirroring the scene that unfolded when the plug was pulled on the group's scheduled tour opener in Vancouver, British Columbia, last month (see "Fans Riot After Guns N' Roses Tour Kickoff Canceled: Kurt Loder Reports").

Click here for a review of the Gun 'N' Roses NYC concert.

This report is from MTV News

just in case if anybody needed some more confirmation

dont try to click where it says click here..youll be here for a while :)

much like fans who waited for GNR to take the stage

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

They showed up when I went...and dammit they sounded good.

Then I heard they were good in NYC too...

then they disapeared again.

It's funny because they got such bad reviews at the start of the tour...then the Toronto and NYC shows finally started getting them good reviews...

and now its over again.

Guest converge241

bps what was your wait like between openers and them? ive heard horror stories at some of the shows

nothing like @ Boston Garden with Soundgarden though

that was like 3.5 hours in between bands!!!!

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Mix Master Mike left the stage at about 9:15.

I bet my friend a dollar that GNR wouldn't be on before 10:30.

We watched on the Big screen as girls showed their tits until the clock struck 10:34...and I won a dollar.

So...hour and 15 minutes about.

Guest Respect The 'Taker

I really don't know what to make of this..

Axl needs to get off his ass and give a proper and sincere explanation (or apology, if your from the city of brotherly love) for the recent tour being cancelled. It's a damn shame too, because all i have heard is good reviews from fans who have seen the new band.

The tour is over folks, however don't count out GNR just yet...

Illusion - Doesn't like eating his own words

Guest Youth N Asia
The tour is over folks, however don't count out GNR just yet...

I counted out GNR a long time ago...and so far I've been right...Axl and his GNR cover band is a joke.

Guest Vern Gagne

Axl has never apologized.

I agree with YNA. GNR wasn't just Axle Rose. The others members played just an important role in the groups success. Slash was a great Rock Guitar player, it was either Duff or Izzy who wrote alot of the songs. Axle wa a great front man but he didn't carry the group.

Guest Invader3k

I'm glad the tour is cancelled if it raises the chances of a Replacements reunion (the bass player has been with GnR).

Guest Youth N Asia

Izzy has songwriting credits on a lot of GNR stuff, and his solo work is just great, suprised he never took off.