TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Mighty Damaramu

GTA or GTA 2?

So everyone talks about GTA3 and with good reason. It rocks. I love it.

But I was wondering about GTA or GTA2. I've played them both and here's what I think of them.

GTA- It was fun. I had heard of it on comp but I only got to play it when it came out for PS. I hadn't played anything like it so I enjoyed having all the freedom and all the running from the cops. Except the overhead view kinda brought it down. I've always hated the overhead view and this was no exception. And another problem. I could never get it to save right! I'd have to start all over everytime I played it, even after saving it!

Anyone played the London Missions?

GTA2- I did not like this one. I didn't feel it was much different than the first one at all. I mean the gang thing was kinda cool but it still felt like an extension of the first game.

So what are your thoughts?

Guest Scotsman

GTA2 was awful.  It just didn't seem as "realistic".   GTA1 though I still play to this day.  Real fun game.

Guest Shaved Bear

gta1 was kinda good, but it wore thin

gta2 was a horrible mess

Guest TUS_02

gta2 had a fun multiplayer option on the PC... that's really the only time I played it

Guest redbaron51

GTA was an excellent, original concept game. Very fun, and still play it to this date.

GTA2 rented a few times, but really nothing special.

London Missions?

Guest J*ingus

I thought that GTA1's graphics were very sub-par for the time, so much that it hurt the game.  Also, it just went on FOREVER with no end in site.

Guest areacode212

A friend of mine hooked me up with a warez version of GTA1 back when it was first released, and, while it was a pretty fun game, the controls drove me insane...it really hurt the game for me, and I abandoned it quickly because of it.

Well about the graphics....I think that it had been out on PC for a long time before it was on PS.

And the other day in class I walked by these guys who are always playing games on the computer. One was playing GTA1 and one was playing GTA2. The graphics of GTA2 were just shit. They could've been better but they just sucked. All the colors were to dark and it looked like a friggin water color painting.

I'm glad they got on the ball when they created GTA3.

Guest areacode212

Yeah, I didn't think the graphics of GTA1 were so bad. They were OK for an overhead crime game, and the novelty and fun of the game overcame any graphics issues I had (but not the controller ones!)

Of course GTA gets points for being the first crime game experience I had. I'm sure there were others but this was the first one I ever played.

Guest Annoyed Grunt
Anyone played the London Missions?

It's just more of the same, only this time you drive of the left side of the road.

lol....is the wheel on the other side as well?

I still wonder why it won't let me save right?

Guest The Electrifyer

GTA2 was good, IMO, but GTA1 was great. I had never played a game as awsome as GTA1 before, it brought fun to a whole new level. GTA2 was too futuristic. I didn't like it as much. It was good, but not as good as they could have done.