TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest GameCop

Favorite Royal Rumble moment/match

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Flair's win is easily #1 for me. I was dead-set 100% sure that undertaker was winning that thing going into it at the time. Flair would've been like my 5th or 6th guess. THAT's how you do a surprise winner in a totally fantastic way. It's just such a brilliantly booked match, and everyone busted ass.

Leg out of your Leg is easily the funniest.

Taker's diatribe prior to levitating to the great unknown is absolutely brilliant as well, and never fails to put a smile on my face, if only because it's so ungodly overblown and ridiculous that's it's hard NOT to laugh.

Rockers/Orients was fun as hell as noted above.

HHH/Cactus, of course.

Guest FeArHaVoC
TAKA's head bouncing off the floor?...No, too brutal.

Oh My God, I forgot about that. I was watching the Rumble with my old Roommates at the time, and when that happen, we all jumped up and screamed "Holy Shit!"

Anyway, Favorite for me is Flair winning the 92' Rumble. I was there Live

Austin clearing out the ring and doing push ups in the 97' Rumble, and then Bret Hart's music hit. Gives me chills.

Shawn Micheals winning his First Rumble. I didn't see that coming at all back then.

The Triple H/Cactus match from RR2000 should get a nod also.

Guest Jobber of the Week
If you enter at the beginning and can leave the ring and just come back at the end of the Rumble and win, why doesn't EVERYONE do that?

Suddently, you give me a vision of what Nash's Rumble Comeback will look like. :ph34r:

You know what I would love to see in this year's Royal Rumble if it's the split rumble between 15 Raw and 15 Smackdown people...

Maven dropkicking in the back a lot of hosses out of the ring.

EDIT: That includes Test's daddy, Nash

Guest Kahran Ramsus

"Introducing the man who last year drew number 30, and this year drew number 1..."

"Introducing the man who last year drew number 30, and this year drew number 1..."

Poor Ted DiBiase...he should have won that year.

BTW...I noticed they did that again this year...Rikishi was 30 on 2001, was 1 in 2002.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

I have to disagree with you on that. Perfect should have won in 1990. It was too early in the match's history to have someone win from No. 1, but it was the first truly memorable performance in Rumble history.

I have to disagree with you on that. Perfect should have won in 1990. It was too early in the match's history to have someone win from No. 1, but it was the first truly memorable performance in Rumble history.

I would agree if Perfect had Hogan's number or somewhere around there.

My personal feeling is that whoever enters number 30 should NEVER win the Royal Rumble. But that's just me.

Guest converge241

Flair winning the belt is far and away #1

i watched that over a friend's house with a crew of anti NWA marks and they were in such misery, thats of course an extra bonus to an overall great performance

2nd was Austin "winning" in 97, for similar reasons most of the same people were present for that one and still WWF/babyface marks and were yelling at the tv "BUT HE CHEATED!!"

3rd was Diesel throwing a few guys out left and right and winning over the crowd in 94

Guest converge241

hey in the Perfect- Dibiase argument.. wasnt Perfect planned to win it at some point?

Guest Kahran Ramsus
hey in the Perfect- Dibiase argument.. wasnt Perfect planned to win it at some point?

Yes, he was. But Hogan pulled a power-play and wanted to win, so he did.

Guest The Superstar

Besides everything that everyone else has mentioned...

Jericho vs. Rock from Royal Rumble 2002. As much as I loved Jericho, I was totally expecting them to have Rocky win. When Jericho did the best cheat-to-win job of the year, I was marking out the hardest I have since Jericho debuted.

I loved in the 2000 Rumble how Lawler kept calling TAKA "the little Chinese guy" which would prompt JR to respond "He's JAPANESE!"

Guest BorneAgain

1992 Royal Rumble: Jake Roberts comes into the ring and sees Piper working over Flair. He gestures for Piper to continue and then turns on him as soon as Roddy turns his back. Even as a Roberts-hating mark back then I admit I thought it was pretty cool.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

::Piper starts beating on Flair immediately after Bobby says that::

Heenan: "Oh you no good creep, you skirt wearing freak!"

Guest Lord of The Curry

Swee mother of GOD what is wrong with you people? Let me take you back. Waaaaaaaaay back to Royal Rumble 2002.

Hurricane.......Austin.......HHH....DOUBLE CHOKESLAM! That sumbitch had me rolling around on my floor laughing. Austin and HHH first act like their doom is iminenet, then they look at each other like "What the fuck is this guy doing?" and Hurricanes face changes from victory to "Oh shit what have I done?".

Aside from that

- Bossman pulling off one of the best hangmans I've ever seen in RR 92. Watch the tape when he gets eliminated. He also pulls out a ~ROUNDHOUSE KICK~! during the match somewhere that had me and my friend marking out for the "Bossman Ninjitsu".

- Flair 92.

- Benoit/Jericho 2001.

Guest Choken One

I am a Huge Mark for the Rumble...

Here's the simplist one...THE COUNTDOWN!

Flair's win and Heanan's commentary ranks #1.

Austin's 97 win was #2

All the Iron Mans (save for Backlund) were great. Most impressive being Kane's 56 minute run in '01.

The tag team eliminations (Bulldog/Owen, Gunns, NAO). The staredowns (Warrior/Hogan, Austin-Bret, Austin-H3, Rock-Taker).

Luke's 7 seconds and Mo's 2 seconds.

Jake and the Python...

Shawn elminating Yoko/Vader at the same time.

Undertaker's Rumble debut in '91 at #12. Knocking the stuffing outta Bret. Perfect's mannerisms ruled all, Martel/Roberts.

EVERY MOMENT of the '92 rumble.

Savage's entrance in '93. Giant Gonzalez debut.

Shawn's bumping in '94...

#1 AND #2 the last two in in '95

Owen getting shuffled by Diesel in '96

Austin's clock spot in '97.

and so many more.

Guest bob_barron

Honky Tonk Man in 2001.

Vince's last FU to Bischoff by stealing Haku- also in 01

Guest crandamaniac

This had me and my friends rolling after this happened. It was whenever Bulldog made his last return in the WWF. He was in the Royal Rumble. He looks like he's going to go for a running knee, like HHH does. He changes it mid-jump to some sort of leaping punch thing. Me and my buddies spent months imitating that.

Guest bob_barron

That would be RR00 which was the last North American PPV Davey ever wrestled on.

I was soooooooo pissed when Road Dogg eliminated him

Guest HartFan86

Match: HHH/Cactus Jack @ Rumble 2000...easy one there.

Best Rumble Match: 1992. Just great preformances all around...and Hennan/Gorilla's commentary is just *****. These 2 has the BEST chemistry.

Best Rumble Moment: Bret Hart's Royal Rumble Entrance @ 1994. Don't ask why, but I get chills down my spine everytime I see him hobbling out and the place going nuts and Vince yelling "It's...It's...BRET HART!"

Guest bob_barron

How about Haku being the last guy to ever jump from WCW to WWF- Vince's last FU to Bisch.

or

Mark Henry is handling the big Johnson

Guest converge241

"Mark Henry is handling the big Johnson"

oh man i forgot about that one....i just aggravated my co-workers from bursting out in laughter