TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheBostonStrangler

SJL Wrath Card (12/22)

Guest TheBostonStrangler

SJL Wrath (Dec. 22, 2002)

Due Date: Sunday @ 3 P.M. EST

Venue: In keeping with King's Great White North theme, we're going to the Sullivan Arena in Anchorage, Alaska!

Send To: realitycheck

OK, before we get going, a couple of notes:

PPV: There has been talk of a JL PPV as you all know. However, due to the amount of no-showing and lack of promos, there will NOT be a JL PPV in 2002. However, if some good stuff happens during the break, and people come back with some purpose and a little passion, there's no reason why the JL can't have a PPV in January to kick off the new year. So if you want your PPV, show some real effort, and develop storylines. Look to Fugue/Johnny and Ejiro/WildChild as examples of how to do this.

Christmas Break: As is IGNWF/SWF tradition, we're breaking for the new year. As for the length of the break, I'm not sure. It really depends on when you want to come back. My target date would be the 5th of January. If people have any objections to this date, be they JLCC or just JL'ers, please let me know, and we'll go from there.

And now, without furthur waiting, here's the final card of 2002, with a deliciously Arctic and Christmas-y flair!

SINGLES MATCH

Mike Moran vs. Chris Card

Mike Moran picked up a W against James Morin on Metal, giving him his first win as a member of the SJL. Now the big man is set to take on Chris Card, the JL's newest member. Can Card topple the giant and make an impact in his first match in the SJL, or will Moran get his second win in a row, and show that he can hang with the big boys in this league?

Rules: Straight singles match. DQ/countout in effect.

Word Limit: 3750

Send To: Drew_K

#1 CONTENDER TO THE SJL EUROPEAN TITLE MATCH

HELL IN AN IGLOO MATCH

Jack the Ripper vs. Insane Luchadore vs. Arianwyn Rivenstone

Jack the Ripper and Insane Luchadore both had hard-fought battles on Metal, where they ended up with the loss. Ripper was downed by Dace Night in a triple threat match, while IL lost a European Title match to Janus. Arian, who had the night off, now comes in with a chance to earn a shot at her first SJL gold. Which of these three will be able to brave the elements, the ice, and the somewhat nauseating smell of fish in this match to pull out the victory?

Rules: The match will take place two miles from the arena, in a specially-marked area. The three contestants will fight in an igloo, which is approximately the size of a ring. In the center of the igloo, the height from floor to ceiling is 12 feet, and it slopes down from there. People may leave the igloo through the one entrance, and the igloo might even fall down. First pin/submission wins. Did I mention that the Iditarod dogsled race is scheduled to pass by at the exact moment that this match is going on? What a coincidence...

Word Limit: 4800

Send To: Tod deKindes

SANTA'S SLEIGH MATCH

NON-TITLE MATCH

Janus© vs. C4

Janus is fresh off a victory over IL, and has been looking unstoppable in the JL. The big man faces a new challenge with the mysterious rookie C4, who narrowly lost to Dace Night in a triple threat match on Metal. Janus must not only go up against a new unknown wrestler, but a new unknown match as well. Does the Euro champ have what it takes to be victorious, or will C4 steal a victory, staking a claim for himself as a bigtime player in the SJL?

Rules: On the top of the stage, there will be a dumpster, 5 feet wide by 10 feet long by 4 feet high, that is decorated to look like a sleigh. The winner must force his opponent into the sleigh and roll the sleigh off the stage. No DQ/countout.

Word Limit: 4500

Send To: Longdogger_Pete

WORLD TITLE #1 CONTENDERSHIP MATCH

SNOW BOWL MATCH

WildChild vs. Johnny Dangerous vs. Dace Night

Johnny Dangerous has his eyes cast on Fugue and the Magnificent Seven, with the thought of regaining his title high on the list. However, he needs to earn a shot at the title. Meanwhile, WildChild was obliterated in his last match against Ejiro Fasaki, where he lost his #1 Contendership. Dace Night has come on strong lately, and wants to prove to the world that he has what it takes to become SJL Champion. With these three men in the ring at once, the match is due to be a barnburner. In order to cool them off, the SJL owner has concocted a special surprise for them in this match...

Rules: The match starts as a normal singles match, with DQ/countout in effect. However, after 10 minutes, a bin in the ceiling will open up, dumping snow over the entire ringside area. The match then becomes a hardcore match, with falls/submissions counting all over the building. First pin/submission wins.

Word Limit: 5500

Send To: Suicide King

MAIN EVENT

WORLD TITLE MATCH

CAGE LADDER MATCH

Fugue© vs. Ejiro Fasaki

Fugue recently defeated Johnny Dangerous for the SJL World Title, and has been on top of the world ever since. However, the spy is still out to get Fugue, and has made it known that he won't rest until he gets his revenge. However, before he has a chance to beat Fugue and regain his title, Ejiro Fasaki, his stablemate, beat Wild and Dangerous Nights member WildChild in a brutal First Blood match on Metal to gain the #1 Contendership to the SJL World Title. What will go down here? Will Dangerous and his compatriots make their presence felt? Will the Magnificent Seven be able to withstand a match such as this? And in a match like this, absolutely nothing can be predicted. It's a damn good thing these guys are gonna have some time off to rest, because after this one, they're gonna need it.

Rules: The two men are inside a cage that is 15 feet high. The belt hangs 18 feet above the center of the ring. There are two ladders that are 15 feet high in the ring at the beginning of the match. There is NO DOOR on the cage. DQ/countout are obviously not in effect, and interference is allowed. People may exit the cage at any point if they wish, but the only way to get the win is to climb the ladder and grab the title belt at the top. Good luck.

Word Limit: 6500

Send To: realitycheck

Guest AnnieEclectic

Wow. Write well for this one folks, because the longer you're in the fed, the more you grow to love the yearly XMas JL match stips. That reminds me, can we get last year's in the general board for prosperity?

-Annie

Guest TheBostonStrangler

Galatea, at least use the right version. It's "your", not "you're". Silly Canadians.

Guest Tod deKindes

And I get to mark the damn Igloo...

Knowing Jack's reputation, I'm expecting a solid effort between IL and Arian.

Prove me wrong, Jack.

.....At least it's not another title defence ;)

Throw in sleigh-like dumpster. Push sleigh-like dumpster off stage. Fun....

At least after the Xmas break that damn left shoulder will be 100% ;)

Guest whatever37
By the way, C4, just for the record...

Your arse is mine. :D

Uh... well... your arse is... grarse?

...I just can't shoot off comebacks like I used to. :(

Guest Goodear

Hey Strangler,

Question: For those of us that do promo and do build feuds would it be possible to either add us to the 'Heat' of a SWF PPV ... or maybe just give us matches with no word limits in order to blow off our angles (like ... PM us the match ahead of time so we have more time to write it and not book us for the previous show.)? I mean, I love my feud with WildChild ... but its going to get to the point where we're attacking each other with chainsaws in order to top the last match we were booked in if we don't get seperated sooner or later.

Guest Longdogger_Pete

While we're on the subject of holiday breaks, I just wanted everyone to know that I'll be reprising Crusen's mandate from last year - if you hold a title in the SJL when we go to holiday break, then each day of the break WILL count toward the length of your title reign. Note that this is NOT how we handle breaks in the SWF - holiday breaks don't count there.

Just a public service announcement from your friendly neighborhood historian. Carry on.

I agree with Ejiro. Some of us do try and put out what we can to work towards our respective feuds and what not. I think a nice brutal PPV stylez match between me and Fugue would do wonders, same for Wildchild and Ejiro.

::Looks through his contract for a rematch clause::

if you hold a title in the SJL when we go to holiday break, then each day of the break WILL count toward the length of your title reign.

Woohoo! I could outlive Ejiro's title reign that way. :D

Sign in to follow this