TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jobber of the Week

Skip a show, get humiliated during a promo

Guest Jobber of the Week

See why I said going all-out into the Russo shit wasn't a good idea?

After NWA:TNA has publicly buried Sean Waltman for his no show of a recent TNA show, other TNA wrestlers are afraid now to skip a TNA PPV, even if it’s for a legitmate reason.

Recently, Amazing Red had an injury with some bone chips in his heel. He was not able to wrestle, but traveled from New York to Nashville anyway for fear of punishment from management.

The Jarretts would have preferred he not have used the ticket, but there is a paranoia that TNA could respond very negatively to future no shows.

Credit: Pro Wrestling Torch Newsletter

"This is an overreaction," some may say. "They knew Waltman wouldn't be back so they used him and him only, etc etc."

Except now you see why you can't even PARODY the bad years of Russo. Because his shit was just bad for business. Even if Russo is just a promo piece, keeping his spirit alive wasn't a smart move.

See, this is why bringing Russo back as a suprise payoff to the Jarrett angle has hurt things in so many ways. Through this angle, TNA has broken the sense of trust with their workers, an important element. So even if management says "Relax, we won't embarass you in front of the fans," the wrestlers will still be skeptical of them.

Of course, at this point, things are still easily salvagable, but thigs sure are rolling downhill pretty fast. Further evidence for the belief that anything Russo comes in contact with goes to shit (although I know this isn't directly his fault.)

well, i like sean, he's my favorite wrestler, but he deserved it. you dont just no shoe 3 events and say "im sorry. i know i was wrong". you mess with the company's money, and booking and thats bad. so, he deserved it.

Guest Goodear

More proof that wrestlers are morons. All Red would have had to do was call Jerry and say, "Hey, I'm sorry but I have a bone spur. And here's the doctor's number if you want to call him" and everything would have been gravey. Waltman no showed a bunch of times and then quit, of course NWA buried him!

Red doesn't need to worry about being buried. The Jarretts wouldn't think of burying one of their top stars like that, unless you're Waltman and "overslept".

Can anyone tell me how sites like the Torch and Observer get these types of news? Like, do they have a connection with the wrestlers and call them and stuff?

Guest Tony149

Sites like the Observer & Torch have sources, mostly wrestlers, folks in management, etc. Waltman and Keller are somewhat close, and at times Keller goes out of his way to defend Sean.

i heard that some of the wwf wrestlers are cool with meltzer (or styles, since he owns half of 1wrestling) and the night bischoff was supposed to arrive, he stayed in his limo until the interview with booker t, so that no one would call someone and have it on the internet

Guest dreamer420

Red is too over in the TNA asylum for the Jarrett's to do anything to him for missing one show, especially for an injury. Waltman fucked himself over and got what he deserved IMO. That Red rumor is probably BS