TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TSMAdmin

Brain Droppings: Armageddon Preview

Guest TSMAdmin

I figured it was time for me to check back in again after another one of my extended absences from the site but when you have a 4 month old daughter who is already TEETHING then you can see how little time I have in-between that and work. Anyways enough of that and on to the business at hand.

Since we are only a little under 24 hours from the train wreck that is WWE Armageddon, I’ve decided to let you all in on my predictions (and fears) for this month’s PPV.

Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H -World Heavyweight Title Match (2 Out of 3 Falls [street Fight, Cage Match, Ladder Match])

I am sort of looking forward to this match as HHH will bump like a madman and won’t mind looking even slightly weak since he is going up against a fellow member of the Kliq. This match should still be entertaining even though we know HBK will lose the title to his buddy.

Josh’s pick: HHH is the winner and ETERNAL champion.

The Big Show vs. Kurt Angle - WWE Title Match

Hard to get excited about a match that has had only 2 freaking shows to build on. This is to me is one of the worst things with having the split and still doing both brands on a PPV. They should alternate the minor shows between brands and co-brand the big PPVs (Wrestlemania, King Of The Ring, Royal Rumble etc.). But as far as the match itself goes I think we will see here if Angle is truly God and can carry Big Show to a decent match. Rumors abound about Angle getting the title and that leading to a match at the Royal Rumble against Benoit and then Angle vs. Brock at the Royal Rumble after Lesnar wins that. Of course this is if Vince isn’t dead set on trying to make Show a main event player by having him main event every PPV until I get to the point where I am searching frantically around my desk looking for a paper clip to stab myself in the eyes to not have to see this abomination of a title reign.

Josh’s Pick: Show wins with help from Heyman just because I don’t trust Vince.

Chris Jericho & Christian vs. The Dudley Boys vs. William Regal & Lance Storm vs. Booker T & Goldust - World Tag Team Titles Fatal 4-Way Elimination Match

This has a potential to be either very entertaining or boring beyond all belief. As much as I am entertained by Booker T & Goldust as a team and love their chemistry… they shouldn’t get the gold. Here are my reasons:

1. They have been jerked around with winning the damn titles for so long now that no one believes that they CAN when them.

2. They should take a shot on Booker T as a singles wrestler in an upper card feud. The fans seemed behind him in his “mini-feud” with HHH and if he does get the title back then this would be the perfect time to see if he can bring it. Assuming of course that Triple H doesn’t squeeze all the heat away from Booker like he did RVD.

I think Jericho and Christian will keep the belts since they are the most entertaining tag team on RAW currently and people like to see faces chase heels. Lance Storm and Regal are just in this match to just make it a 4-way in my opinion and the Dudley Boys are in there just so the fans can chant “Get the table” and Bubba can make Ass Cream jokes. As you can tell I am not looking forward to this match up.

Josh’s Pick: Jericho/Christian with the obligatory heel cheating tactics.

Chris Benoit vs. Eddie Guerrero

THANK YOU JESUS! We have at least one surefire good match coming our way and I love the fact that both of these guys seem to put a little bit extra “snap” into each move that they do. I don’t really need to go over too much in this match since it’s going to be good. Period.

Josh’s Pick: Benoit because I am holding out hope for the Angle vs. Benoit match at the Royal Rumble.

Edge vs. Albert (I refuse to call him fucking A-Train)

GOD DAMMIT. What the hell was the goddamn point of pushing Edge to be a main event player if you are going to feed him to the human Teddy Bear just so he will have some heat for his rumored upcoming feud with the Undertaker? Don’t they know a better way to get heat for a UT feud is just to attack his wife? If it’s good enough for DDP and Brock then it’s goddamn jolly well good enough for fucking Albert.

Josh’s Pick: Albert. I hate you Vince.

Christopher Nowinski vs. Maven

Yawn.

Josh’s Pick: Maven I guess. I don’t really give a fuck.

Kane vs. Batista

I am kind of getting into Batista as Flairs muscle, but what I want is for him to DESTROY Kane without Flair's help (or very little of it) to put him over as the power guy in the supposed new Horsemen.

Josh’s Pick: Batista with help from Flair.

Victoria vs. Trish Stratus vs. Jacqueline – WWE Women’s Title Match

While developing a character for Victoria is all well and good, she isn't the greatest actor in the world and would benefit from some coaching if she wants to portray a psycho without getting laughed out of the building. Trish is decent as is Jackie but Jackie has NO personality and doesn't add anything for me. As a matter of fact I don’t really see why the hell she is even IN the match. I would rather see Trish vs. Victoria so as to reduce the possibility of blown spots.

Josh’s Pick: Trish is your winner.

Dawn Marie/Torrie Wilson Footage

From WWE.com: Plus, Dawn Marie promises to show the footage of what happened in her hotel room with Torrie Wilson.

Well hot damn Jethro. We gets to see them two kiss and stuff.

If they have actually SAVED THIS for PPV we better actually get to see some good stuff.

Josh’s Pick: Dawn on top.

Seems like Vince and Co are looking into future and the Royal Rumble which is all well and good but they need to make the effort to make it worth paying $35 bucks for the little PPV’s as well.

At least there is Eddie vs. Benoit.

Send any feed back here. Just remove the X's to hide me from the SPAM.

Josh Lowmon

SmarkTalk.com

Sign in to follow this