TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Big Poppa Popick

AJ Styles not S.E.X.

Guest Big Poppa Popick

Allright, AJ Styles isn't SEX y'all...they left through the crowd through the way they had been coming in...AJ left by walking back up the ramp

AJ's just being AJ, taking advantage of the situation

I thought you all might like to know that little nuance that wasnt aired.

btw...that showed fucking rocked :)

and the after party where evil himself was my partner in pool...ruled.

and since i know they read this

AJ: Georgia Sucks.

Guest bob_barron

They actually read this???

Wow-

I beg of you NWATNA- release tapes and DVDs for people like me who can't order PPVs at college

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

They announced on their site that DVDS and tapes were in the works.

Guest bob_barron

Well hurry up damnit!!!

BPP I got a question for you-

Did the wrestlers know about the Road Warriors and Flair or was it like Piper and Russo where they were also swerved

Guest Big Poppa Popick

and yeah...one other thing

FUCK you sharkboy, I shouldve won that game

Guest Slapnuts00
Well hurry up damnit!!!

BPP I got a question for you-

Did the wrestlers know about the Road Warriors and Flair or was it like Piper and Russo where they were also swerved

I certainly hope the Harrises knew about the LOD or else they were mightily shocked last night....

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

I really wish I could be ordering these shows, because I'm really getting interested in the dynamic of how this is all working out. Things seem to be clicking on getting to that mix of wrestling and storyline...and honestly, if I could be getting almost an hour of X-division stuff for 10 bucks, I'd do it.

Just wish I had access to PPV purchase. Must...get...TV deal...

Guest Big Poppa Popick

oh, i think they knew...they were backstage...

they came in around 330 before a crowd had showed up, i only knew cause someone in j's crowd saw em and told us.

now, russo, no one knew about. that is a fact.

we also knew david flair was there.

Guest geniusMoment

TNA is still making a huge mistake. They will never have a big fanbase until they start to syndicate their show. They would be much better off taking the 2 hour show they produce every week and tape it, saving the cost of going live. Use that money to syndicate their show into selected regions where they want to run shows. As they begin to grow in those markets, and as their shows make money on their gates and merchandise, syndicate your show out a little farther and develope new markets. Once you have a decent size fan base build up to your first ppv for a couple of months making it seem like a huge deal, buy adds during raw showing some of your products greatest spots, buy tickets to a raw and walk in during the middle of the show creating a stir, maybe even have someone jump the guardrail. In order for TNA to survive they need to get more than just the internet fans excited about their product. On their first ppv they have someone debut or create an angle that gets everyone excited. The next night during raw run more adds touting what a great show the fans missed, if they didn't order it. Really rip hard on the current wwe product, its not that hard now, and try to get a cable special on some channel. If you can get your fanbase up it is not as hard as you think to get a cable special, as ECW had offers from FX and ESPN 2 to run their show right before they went under but they weren't given a suitable enough financial deal to keep their company afloat. Run your special head to head with raw on Monday from 8-11 and run every big match you have out. It doesn't matter if this show loses money, this show is a springboard for your company. On the show push really hard that if you want TNA around call the network or go to the TNA website to find out where its on. I realize that this is very hard, but hell the wrestling market is as wide open now as its been in years, I know some of this stuff would be hard to do but I feel you must at least try to compete.

Guest RedJed

Taking shots left and right at the WWE at this point would just make them look stupid, look at how it came across for the WWA.

Guest geniusMoment

Not now, after their product is elevated. Like when Austin was ripping on bischoff in ECW.

Guest geniusMoment

During the monday night wars one of the things I always felt should have been done is when the other company is producing a really crappy match or angle have Bischoff or McMahon and tell all of the viewers to switch and watch the other show while ripping on the angle, sacrificing the rating for that quarter. While everyone is watching the crap angle I would run a major surprise, such as foley winning the title, making everyone dissapointed they missed your show, mad at McMahon or Bischoff and less likely to switch back and forth all the while making your show look good because of your great angle compared to the crap you just watched

Guest Basswitch

Wait.. someone fill me in on something...

Is Big Poppa Popick a TNA wrestler or fan or something.... what the hell is going on

**is really confused**

Guest Big Poppa Popick

umm

im one of the peeps who saved this site...see dames for that...god bless him

and since tna has been giving dames good reviews, i headed up there to see their show live and talk to the talent and owners, all to start a relationship with them for down the road...and that went well

:)

hope that helps, im just an oaoast mod now in terms of what i do for the site...

Guest Sandman9000
Wait.. someone fill me in on something...

Is Big Poppa Popick a TNA wrestler or fan or something.... what the hell is going on

**is really confused**

He bows down to me. And Jingys.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

genius, trying to compete directly with WWE would be a BAD idea right now.

Why appear to common WWE marks (sorry, but there are still quite a few left) as a little dog biting at the big dog's angles (which is how TNA would appear if they were to use your strategy, geniusMoment) when you can appear as a dog down the street?

Guest geniusMoment

I feel the timeslot you would draw the best ratings in is Monday from 9-11. I feel people are flipping around during raws commercials and once they see another wrestling show on they would stay tuned to see what it was. If your product was entertaining they might stay.

No one thought Nitro could compete with raw and look what happened. TNA is not getting any new fans with this approach. To succeed sometimes you must take chances.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

But, yet again, direct competition isn't a good idea. Because TNA does have a lot of late WCW aspects (spotfests, lots of young guys nobody's ever heard of, old WWE workers that nobody cares for anymore, Russo), and we know how much of a success late WCW was.

WWE marks would just write TNA off as another WCW if it were head-to-head with WWE. I say keep the Wednesday timeslot, go to free TV REALLY SOON, and advertise through word-of-mouth.

Guest cynicalprofit
I beg of you NWATNA- release tapes and DVDs for people like me who can't order PPVs at college

Holy crap, bob and I agree.

NWA should NOT go into driect competition with the WWF, that would be suicide. But I do think the taping of shows and using the money to get a syndication deal is a great idea. I mean get them some tv, get as much as possible. The more TV watchers you get, the more PPV buyers you might get. Build from there doing your own thing and make Vince have to compete with you.

Guest geniusMoment

I don't mean direct competition now, I mean after they have an audience and have syndicated their product. No one thought Nitro could compete. I still feel that people who like wrestling flip around during raws commercials and would stop to see TNA. WCW was still the highest rated show on TNT when they were cancelled, they were cancelled because the network didn't want to be involved with wrestling. Nitro always drew higher ratings than Thunder, even when Thunder had no competition. Going head to head with wwe on Mondays had nothing to do with wcw going out of business, it was the huge contracts and debt they ran up in spite of their television, not because of it. If you go on the air any other night of the week a lot less wrestling fans are watching television at that time and they are therefore less likely to see your product. The direct competition would make it fun for me and I think it also makes it fun for the fans, I would love looking at the ratings on tues. even if I was losing. I guess everyone on the board is against me on this one, but I feel how I feel.