TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest pappajacks

Best promo in WWE history?

Guest QUE?

Without a dout the best was the Heyman interveiw from before SS 2001 where he throws this hat at vince. The First time I saw that I seriously thought Paul was pissed off at vince. Anyone know where I can find that interview?

Honorable mention: Jericho's I am not a joke.

Guest Choken One

We all forget the classix Pillman Promos in his final days with WCW, Short tenure with ecw and his shortlived career with WWF?.

and the list goes on... Here is my list of the 20 greatest Promoers of all time

1. Ric Flair

2. Steve Austin

3. The Rock

4. Mankind

5. HBK

6. Randy Savage

7. Jake Roberts

8. Hogan

9. Roddy Piper

10. The Undertaker

11. Shane Douglas

12. Bret Hart

13. Chris Jericho

14. Brian Pillman

15. Triple H

16. Goldust

17. Raven

18. Tommy Dreamer

19. Al Snow

20. Rick Rude

Guest geniusMoment

This isn't WWF but the night The Franchise left ECW he cut a great promo, and he actually had the balls to wear a Raw shirt into ECW arena. The night he came back and called titan towers on his cell phone was a classic also. How about the night he through down the NWA belt and created ECW. But I am a huge Douglas mark so my opinion is jaded.

Ok...the Heyman one before SS2001 was great.

For Energy filled...Hogan's were great. Insipid...but I'm talking about energy filled.

One that I liked for some reason but wasn't from WWF/E was the Ric Flair one from the last Monday Nitro.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Honorable Mention has to go to The Rock's "-UH" proimo for giving us our longest running joke ever.

The promos from the Macho Man/Ric Flair feud were awesome.

Someone should get a transcript of "I am not a joke!" up here. I didn't watch SD! that night.

Guest dreamer420
Someone should get a transcript of "I am not a joke!" up here. I didn't watch SD! that night.

That promo is overrated to me. Jericho screaming like a girl didn't exactly make him look good IMO

Guest bob_barron

Jericho was screaming and all upset cause Rock wasn't taking him seriously and acted like Jericho was a huge joke despite the fact that just last month Jericho had defeated him for the undisputed title.

It made him look great- He looked like a man who was serious about the title, who knew the prestige that holding the title gave him and a guy who had finally gotten rid of the choker label but was still not being taken seriously.

And here is a transcript-

Jericho: Cut that music! Cut the damn music NOW!! How dare you, Rock. How dare you disrespect me, Rock! I AM THE UNDISPUTED CHAMPION - I AM THE MAN YOU WILL BE FACING THIS SUNDAY AT THE ROYAL RUMBLE AND YOU HAVE NOT EVEN MENTIONED MY NAME ONE TIME! On top of that, everybody's talking about facing you at WrestleMania as if it's some kind of a foregone conclusion that you're gonna beat me this Sunday - as if I'm some kind of a fluke champion, or a transitional champion, but they can all go to hell if they thing that! And all of YOU all can go to hell if you think that! But most importantly, Rock, YOU can go to hell, too. Because there's something a lot more painful than any beating you can get, Rock, and that is the truth - because the truth hurts!" Pause for "Rock E" chant. "The truth hurts, Rock, and the truth is you had the chance to become the Undisputed champ last month at Ven gea nce, but YOU FAILED! YOU were beaten by ME! And you wanna talk about facing the Undertaker or Steve Austin at WrestleMania - you can face anybody you want at WrestleMania, but it won't be for this Championship! ["Ass hole!"] Because this championship is not yours, Rock - this championship is MINE - it's MINE - IT'S ALL MINE - IT'S ALL MIIIINE - and the truth is...Chris Jericho is the most overlooked champion in WWF history! But you know what else is the truth, Rock? At WrestleMania, I will STILL be the Champion - because this is MY championship - this is my championship, dammit, and this is my show, and this is MY

Rock:Whoawhoawhoawhoawhoawhoawhoawhoawhoawhoawhoa whoa whoa whoa whoa! Let the Rock clarify something to you, Undisputed champion or not, this is not YOUR show...this is SmackDown!, this is THEROCK's show! And what you're failling to realise is everybody is talkin' about WrestleMania, facin' the Rock, for one reason: because THEY know, them in the back, they know, the guys in the back, they know, them, the MILLIONS...and millions of the Rock's fans, they know that the Rock...is better than you. You see the guys in the back know it, everybody around the world knows it, you know it - and you see, Chris Jericho, the truth, it does hurt - it really really hurts - but not as much as the Rock is goin' to hurt you this Sunday at Royal Rumble IF YA SUH-MELLLLLLL

Jericho: "NO!!! NO NO NO NO NO!! THIS IS NOT A JOKE! I AM NOT A JOKE! I AM SERIOUS! AND YOU WILL NOT LOOK PAST ME, YOU STUPID SON OF A (BITCH)!

Rock: The Rock DOES NOT THINK that this is a joke. The Rock is not smiling - he's not laughing...the Rock is taking you very serious, Chris Jericho - dead serious, Chris Jericho - and cannot wait to whup your candyass..." Now standing behind him. "...at the Royal Rumble this Sunday night. And just so you know, and you never forget...if you ssssssssssmell...what the Rock...(nose to nose)....is cookin'."

Guest pappajacks

Here is Heyman's speech, by far the most memorable promo ever:

"In just a few moments, at my leisure, I'm gonna call Vince McMahon out to his ring, in front of his public on a television show that's owned by his grand company. At least, that is, until this Sunday at Survivor Series. I know how much you people appreciate what Shane and Stephanie and I have done - how Shane and Stephanie and I have stood up to the tyranny of Vince McMahon (edit) and the way it is, ladies and gentlemen, is quite simple - the WWF will DIE this Sunday. But don't blame ME for that - it's not MY fault. I'm not the one that RUINED everything that was accomplished by Stone Cold Steve Austin. You see, at Survivor Series, it means so much more than just the personalities that are involved. It's about ending with Vince McMahon has tried to accomplish. I sat there at that desk on Monday, and I listened to Mick Foley. And I agreed with everything that Mick Foley had to say - that the WWF truly does SUCK! Don't boo me. Have you watched the television show lately? Vince McMahon has lost his MIND. The man doesn't have it any more! He's a has been, his ideas are antiquated, his concepts are draconian, and Mick Foley was right, because the WWF is imploding from within! Like every great empire, the WWF is imploding from within. Vince's loyal employees, like Stone Cold, left him; like Mick Foley, want nothing to do with him. Vince's own children want him to burn in hell, and I don't blame 'em. Vince McMahon will see the WWF die this Sunday at Survivor Series. And he has no hope to save his precious company! Vince McMahon has the same chances of saving the WWF as he did of realising his dream of starting a football league..."

(Well sure enough, invoking the spirit of the XFL will *always* bring out BILLIONAIRE VINCE )

( Heyman gets down on his knees)"I want you to know that I am down on my knees, 'cause I know that you're used to men *puckers* kissin' your ass, Vinny. Every time you walk in the back there, there's Patterson and Brisco, oh what a great idea you had, Vince! (mwah mwah mwah mwah), (mwah mwah mwah mwah). You LIKE men kissing your ass, don't you , Vince, huh? 'cause that's what you're all about - a BILLIONAIRE - the BILLIONAIRE VINCE McMAHON, the creator of sports entertainment! I've waited so long to see you face to face like this. And I've waited so long to tell you to your face that I hate your stinkin' guts. But it's not just me. It's your children that hate your stinkin' guts, Vince. And at Survivor Series, your children are gonna do to you what I have waited my whole life to see somebody do to you, Vince. You are, so help me God, the most disgusting, vile son of a (beep) I've ever seen in my life. You took Hulk Hogan's blood and you built Titan Towers. You STOLE Bret Hart's dream, and with that money bought yourself an airplane with WWF all over it. And you KNOW it, you son of a (beep). You stole Shawn Michaels' smile, took your company public, and made yourself a billionaire. But not a self-made billionaire, like you like to tell everybody you are, oh no. See, you're a billionaire on other people's hard work. Your father - your FATHER, Vince McMahon, your father went around the country and shook the hand of every-- you know I'm tellin' the truth, don't you. You know in your heart I'm telling the truth that your father shook the hand of every promoter in this country and swore to them that he'd never compete against them...that his son would never compete against them. And when your father DIED...you competed. And with your ruthless, merciless, take no prisoners attitude, you drove everybody out of business, didn't you, Vince. You ran all the competition to the ground and you stole all their ideas, and you made yourself a billionaire out of it. And you know whose ideas you stole the most, Vince? You stole MINE. See I don't give a damn about Don Owen and Sam Muchnick and Jim Crockett, I....I care about what you did to me and my family. How you stole MY dreams, how you stole MY legacy, how you stole everything that ECW represents. Because...while Doink the Clown had a - a green hair and rubber nose, Stone Cold Steve Austin was drinking his first beer in ECW, damn you. While Bobby Heenan and Gene Okerlund were dancing around singing Tutti Frutti, ECW was producing the edgy TV that you named "Attitude." Oh, we got Attitude! You got nothing, man. What you got is my ideas, and you stole MY LIFE - MY MONEY - MY LEGACY!" Paul removes his hat (!) and throws it at Vince. "SCREW YOU! SCREW YOU and your family! I'll tell you something, your own CHILDREN hate your guts, and on Sunday, your children are gonna get even with you, for everything you stole from me, for everything you stole from them. You flaunt your affairs in front of your WIFE - you flaunt your affairs in Playboy for your children to read! You (beep)! Look at Tazz! Look at Tazz! This man was a KILLER - he was a machine! He was a wrestler - a great wrestler, a real man...but wrestling's a dirty word to you, isn't it Vince? Your father built a wrestling company, and you - you hadda have 'sports entertainment.' 'We had to have sports entertainment, ha ha ha.' He was a wrestler, he was a great wrestler, he was a man, and now he's a fat, little, obnoxious colour commentator, and not even a good one! He is a 'sports entertainer.' He is not a *wrestler*, 'cause you made wrestling a dirty word. You made 'wrestling' a dirty word, Vince. What kind of a man are you? What kind of a man takes - takes wrestling and makes it sports entertainment? At Survivor Series, you're goin' down, Vince. I promise you, you're goin' down, and I'm gonna watch it, and your children are gonna lift their leg, standin' over your grave, and we're gonna laugh, and you know what else I'm gonna do, Vince? I'm gonna run your (beep) outta business. And there's not a damn thing you can do about it."

Guest Kotzenjunge

Wow. Amazing. I remember watching that and thinking Heyman was going to attack him or something (I hadn't read the spoilers that week).

What about Flair's promo on McMahon leading up to the Rumble last year? I thought that had a load of intensity as well.

Guest bob_barron

This one Kotz? (thanks CRZ)

Flair: SHUT UP. On behalf of the entire wrestling world....one of the resolutions we'd like you to make this year is that you will NOT come out here, week after week, continuously making an (beep) of yourself."

Vince:"Now, look...I know why you came out here and interrupted me. Let me tell you this - you go too far, I will embarrass you in front of every single person here in this arena - I will knock you on your (beep)."

Flair:"I am going to...take one moment from my life, and one moment from their life, and I'm gonna explain to them why I haven't already knocked you on yours, okay? You mentioned the word 'tolerant' a while ago, the reason I'm so tolerant of you, and it needs to be said for the whole world to hear, is because you know...my story. You know that in 1988, I was having all kinds of problems in the NWA - you called me on the phone, and you said 'Ric Flair, we want you in the World Wrestling Federation.' You know what my answer was? You know what it was - I said 'Vince McMahon, I'm NWA all the way,' as a matter of fact, I was at Eddie Graham Sports Arena the next night - defending the National Wrestling Alliance. So I turned down your offer. A year later, I called you back on the phone - a beaten man. Knowing that I had nowhere to go, knowin' that they had killed my self-confidence, knowin' that I wanted only one more chance to go to work for you. You know what you said to me? You said 'If ya got it, bring it,' and I did. And you know what you did? The next month, I found myself at the Survivor Series with Hulk Hogan, the Undertaker, Roddy Piper, Ted DiBiase...Jake the Snake, all the STARS of the World Wrestling Federation. You made me part of the family. It couldn't get any better. Then you know what you did? You put me in the Royal Rumble. And I wrestled for one hour, and at the end of that hour, I was the World Wrestling Federation champion. The most coveted trophy in sports - I knew it, you knew it, I used to walk out on TV every week sayin' 'NWA is it' - I lied, I had a job. I always knew you guys were gettin' bigger - and I was proud to be there...and I walked into that room with tears in my eyes, and I said 'thank you so very much for giving me this opportunity in life.' THEN, when it couldn't get any better, you called me to say 'Ric Flair, you're in the main event at WrestleMania! Against the Macho Man Randy Savage!' I walk in there, 75,000 people - the biggest sporting event in the world! My mother, my father, my wife, all four of my children there to see me - in the main event at WrestleMania. Win lose or draw, I had made it as high as you can possibly go in life. It was unbelievable. It was so good that I stayed 'til everybody was gone. Watched my mom and dad, my wife, my kids get in the limousine, drive off, and then I walked down that hallway towards my locker room to shower. And I saw you, and you said 'Hey, Ric - come here, I need to talk to you.' And I knew you were gonna say 'Ric, you're the greatest wrestler of all time, that was AWESOME, man!' Guess what. You remember what you said to me? You said to me 'Every time you get this close to greatness, you do something *stupid* - and take a step backwards.' So for all that you've given me, and God only knows you put my feet back on earth in 1991, I have always wanted to ask you one question. WHO ARE YOU TO EVER TELL ME HOW TO WRESTLE? I'M RIC FLAIR! YOU'RE VINCE McMAHON--" Off comes the jacket. "Who are you? Who are you to ever tell me how to wrestle a match? You might be the greatest promoter of all time, but you will NEVER talk down to Ric Flair about wrestling!" Flair is beet red. "I am SO sick of you placing yourself right there like God almighty - YER NOT - even my own KID, my thirteen year old says 'Dad, I saw Mr. McMahon on TV, he's buffed, he's jakked, Dad, he's cool' - WHAAAT? How do you think I feel having my thirteen year old kid, knowin' who I am, telling me you're buffed - it don't work! So guess what! Just to see where I stood in this great company of ours, I went through all the contracts, and I happened to pull one that reads 'Vince McMahon - Owner Slash Wrestler.' That means you're double dippin'. And it also means that you're gonna wrestle at the Royal Rumble. ONE ON ONE."

Vince:"Then who's got the balls to step into the ring with me?"

Flair:"The next guy that knocks you on your (beep)!" SLAP! Vince goes down TIMBERRRR. "The Nature Boy Ric Flair! Woooo! Woooo!"

Guest Kotzenjunge

That's the one, Bobby boy. Hearing Flair scream at Vince about Vince's style of wrestling was awesome.

Guest Mosh For Jesus

A-Train's promo on The Rock after moving next door:

"WHO MAH NEEEEIGHBOOOOOR!"

Haha, it set up their backyard wrestling match so well that even Steve Blackman farted.

I'm waiting A-Train to change his name again to Al-Boat and dress up as a sailor.

I would say the Bret "This is Bullshit" promo right before WMXIII. That was the first time i believe that profanity was aired without being censored on WWF programming. Everything about that promo was awesome from Bret Shoving Vince to the mat, to Bret going on his foul mouthed tirade about everyone's screwing him. The thing about that promo that topped it off and make it great was Austin on the Titantron cutting Bret off and going off on him for losing the match. "It could have been you and me for the WWF title in the main even at wrestlemania, but you bleeeeeeew it Bret"....Awesome stuff

Another promo i thought was great was actually one of those pre-ppv intro promos. No Way Out 2000 where Cactus Jack in a distant voice talks about how he's not ready to step away yet, and it ended with......... "100's of stiches, thousands of injuries, countless nights i've bled. You may think this is a nightmare, but it's MY nightmare......and I decide when i wake up!" Just great stuff there and gave me goosebumps