TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chunk

WCW on sky sports

Sky Sports are now showing old WCW matches. Due to the fact that they cant show any old WWF footage, the "classics" show has been switched to NWA Worldwide, and will cover footage of WCW from 1990.

Check it out at:

Sky Sports Thursday 7.00 A.M

5.00 P.M

Saturday 8.00 A.M

Did anyone else know about this? Or is it just me that didnt have any idea it was on? Has anyone seen it? And if so, is it worth checking it out?

ChUnK!

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

Yep - make sure you check it out. Its the early 90's at the moment and its still NWA I think.

Classic wrestling matches and you'll actually enjoy the work of wrestlers like Barry Windham!

Sweet, ill try to check it out. I have difficulties gettin gother ppl in my house to watch wrestling though, and its all i can do get them to turn over on a saturday and a sunday night.

:)

ChUnK!

Guest BAR

Great, great, news! Thanks for posting it ChUnK! Shit, I ain't watched wrestling on TV in months (Don't get it twisted, I still got my tapes!) :headbang:

Is it just from 1990? Can't get too excited, wasn't WorldWide their version of something like (eg) Heat? Oh well, at least I don't have to watch tapes all the time now, something on TV!

Great, great, news! Thanks for posting it ChUnK! Shit, I ain't watched wrestling on TV in months (Don't get it twisted, I still got my tapes!) :headbang:

Is it just from 1990? Can't get too excited, wasn't WorldWide their version of something like (eg) Heat? Oh well, at least I don't have to watch tapes all the time now, something on TV!

No problem, glad I could help you out.

I think it starts in the 1990's and moves on accross the years. (At least thats what ive heard).

I do remember the WCW worldwide show you are talking about. The one with the batman style "KABLAM" "WHAM" "KAPOOF" speech bubbles when anything that had to be censored happend? :lol: That was funny stuff.

From what ive heard, this is different though. Im gonna try my best to check it out, but with christmas tv on and a house ful of non-wrestling fans, its gonna be hard :(

Let me know what its like, if you watch it.

ChUnK

Guest caboose

I saw it last week. There showing stuff from just after Sting beat Flair for the title at GAB. And man are The Horseman pissed.

Only downside is Luger.

Guest caboose

For some reason I always wanted the football(Soccer) commentator for Channel 5, Jonathon Pearce to do the WCW commentary.

It would have been hilarious.

For some reason I always wanted the football(Soccer) commentator for Channel 5, Jonathon Pearce to do the WCW commentary.

It would have been hilarious.

Hilarious, yes. At least for a little while. But that gy always used to annoy the hell out of after about 5 minutes. He did a good job on Robot Wars though :)

I cant belive im not going to see batman style speech bubbles any more. Now im going to have to put up with watching the actual chair shots and swear words etc. O well, I live :)

ChUnK

Guest Anorak

I haven't got SKY so I didn't know about this until my friend told me last week. I'm sure I recall ITV showing 90/91 period stuff at about 3am sometimes before the old Saturday afternoon 'Worldwide' slot appeared about 1993. 'Worldwide' was still a far more interesting show than the complete squash-fests that passed for WWF tv matches around the same time before RAW appeared.

Jonathon Pearce bred with john Motson would be the football(soccer) equivalent of JR.

:Stops and thinks about that breeding process:

No sleep for me tonight. :D