TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest chirs3

A question about Professor Xavier

Guest chirs3

Way back when, in like 1994 or 1995, I bought and collected comic cards. Not for any real reason, I just liked them, and one of the series I bought frequently was called "METAL", and all the cards were shiny colored and looked... well... Metal... but that's not the point.

Last night I found the cards and went flipping through them, for old time's sake, and I came across the Professor Xavier Metal card. On the back, it has a list of statistics, like Strength, Intelligence, and whatnot...

Here's the problem: One of the statistics was "Energy Blasts". I would assume this is shooting fireballs, or something close to it. Professor Xavier's "Energy Blasts" was at 7, the highest rating, and when I consulted the little card that explains the ratings, it said a 7 in that category was "Supernova".

Huh?

I've read maybe one X-Men comic book, and I watched the animated series (the good animated series), so I don't know too much... but Professor Xavier didn't strike me as the kind of guy who would, or even could, shoot Supernova-powered energy bombs/blasts/whatever.

Can anyone shed some light on this, for a merely casual X-Men fan?

Guest J*ingus

Xavier is powerful enough to render damn near anybody brain-dead without much effort, he did it to Magneto once, which would explain it I guess.

Guest starvenger

This sounds a lot like the OverPower card game. In which case, "Energy Blasts" is a catch-all category into which the Professor's psychic, uh, "blasts" fall into. And since the Prof is one of the 3 most powerful mutants in the MU (the other 2 being Franklin Richards and Magneto - I know that's documented somewhere...) it's only natural that he be given top ratings there.

Guest Sassquatch

From the Marvel Directory:

Special skills and abilities: Leading authority on genetics, mutation, and psionic powers, considerable expertise in other life sciences, highly talented in devising equipment for utilizing and enhancing psionic powers

Superhuman mental powers: Professor X ordinarily possesses vast psionic powers, including telepathy; the ability to induce in others mental illusions, temporary mental or physical paralysis, and loss of specific memories or total amnesia; the projection of "mental bolts" to stun or render a person unconscious; astral projection; and the ability to sense other superhuman mutants within a small radius. At present Xavier is unable to use his psionic powers.

I hope this answered your question.