TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JN News

Who is the better heel?

Guest The Metal Maniac

HHH is a poor heel; recently, he's been getting a bit of face pops, and besides, part the time he wrestles AS the face (Such as when the odds were stacked against HIM, and he overcame them, or in the Elimination Chamber when him and RVD went totally against formula).

So Franchise by default.

Guest Downhome

HHH was one of the best heels ever in 2000/20001, period. After the quad incident, he hasn't been ANYTHING like his former self.

Guest bob_barron

Triple H.

I HATE Shane Douglas with a passion- his promos are boring and his ring work sucked.

Guest NoSelfWorth

The trouble with both is that while they get heat, it's 'X-Pac' heat. The kind that says "We hate you and want you off our fucking screens". It isn't the kind that will make you pay to see them get beat.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Sorry, but Douglas got GENUINE heat in ECW, and does get genuine heat now in XPW.

Guest NoSelfWorth

He may have got 'genuine' heat in ECW, be he stuck around so long in the same character that it turned into 'X-Pac heat'.

Guest Downhome

I even liked Shane in WCW going against Flair. I like the guy, SOMETIMES his ring work can be passable, but just like many others, he hasn't been given too much to work with since ECW.

Triple H was a heel on a grander scale and drew more money. Shane Douglas was better on the microphone, but HHH was booked better. Both men's in ring work has declined a lot over the years, but I'll have to go with Douglas as he was able to generate heel heat in any given situation, which HHH hasn't been able to in quite a while.

Dames

Guest Basswitch

They Both suck. HHH was good before the quad.. now he sucks.

I have always hated Douglas, just never liked him, so i will have to say HHH, as much as it pains me.

Guest The Hamburglar

Douglas just fucking sucks, in every way shape or form.

HHH was an awesome heel back in 2000/2001, just a pure prick. Remember when he beat down Earl Hebner? People were actually sorry for Earl. Another great HHHeel moment - Last Man Standing vs Jericho, Jericho is nearly dead, so while the count goes on HHH just goes and relaxes by lying across the top ropes in the corner, with an evil smug grin on his face. Sheer heelish greatness.

Guest papacita

I'd say Shane if only for the heat he got during the Gary Wolfe angle. Plus even when he played face, you still got the sense that he had a sort of dark side to him.

Guest Sandman9000

One is trying to destroy the WWE.

The other is trying to destroy professional wrestling.

I hate both of them.

Guest geniusMoment

Anyone who watched Douglas from Jan. 1996 to Nov. 1998 and doesn't pick him as the better heel needs to go back and watch some classic heeling

Guest NYCTA Bus No. PA1767

There is no such thing as "X-Pac" heat. How can there be a type of heel heat fans give off when they want a wrestler off of their screen, WHEN THEY'RE IN A DAMN ARENA!?!?!?!? Classic smark rhetoric.

Guest The Mighty Damaramu

They want them out of the arena. There is such a thing as X-Pac heat. Classic anti-smark rhetoric to say it doesn't exist. But when they get booed violently and everyone you talk to does not want them to wrestle at all then you know they have a problem.

Guest BAR

I'm not a fan of either guy but I do prefer 'The Franchise'.

Looking back on some old ECW tapes, his promo's were actually enjoyable, unlike the Game-uh.

His music kicked ass too. Deep Purple, I believe.

Guest MillenniumMan831
I'm not a fan of either guy but I do prefer 'The Franchise'.

Looking back on some old ECW tapes, his promo's were actually enjoyable, unlike the Game-uh.

His music kicked ass too. Deep Purple, I believe.

Yeah, Perfect Strangers by Deep Purple.

And I too will have to go with Douglas. I enjoyed his work in WrestlePalooza 1997. Only a prick wouldn't run down to the ring to attempt to save his company.

Plus, the Dean Douglas character really caught on with me for whatever reason. Let's see HHH demean himself w/ that character.

Guest wwF1587

i didnt see alot of ecw but i am not going to give hhh any credit now. HHH use to be that "i hate you soo much id pay 30 bucks to see you get your assed kicked" and i loved that hhh... now he is an overly pushed hoss who will never be anything of his former self.... i cant vote... so i will say neither

Guest dreamer420

HHH make a way better heel but you can tell that his gimmick was somewhat lifted from Douglas in ECW. Still HHH plays it better.

Guest Army Eye
They want them out of the arena. There is such a thing as X-Pac heat. Classic anti-smark rhetoric to say it doesn't exist. But when they get booed violently and everyone you talk to does not want them to wrestle at all then you know they have a problem.

Smarks just pull the 'X-Pac heat' card whenever a heel they personally don't like is getting heat. I never want to see that stupid phrase again.

Guest RobJohnstone

douglas in 96 was one of the top heels ever. The heat was amazing.

--Rob

Guest Zack Malibu

Douglas, by far. The Gary Wolfe angle, throwing down the NWA Title, feuding with Tommy Dreamer and Taz, those were all great angles that showed how well Douglas plays the heel. And, unlike Triple H, when the time came for a face turn in '99, he got the fans totally behind him, and they stayed behind him until he jumped ship to WCW.

Triple H had a great heel run, but nowadays doesn't even compare. Douglas has had more longevity in his heel role.

Guest nl5xsk1

It's got to be the Franchise. HHH is too busy trying to be the "cool-heel", or just unwilling to look bad as a heel. Douglas NEVER tried to be cool, and had no problem playing the cowardly heel that would duck contenders that were a threat to him.

Please note that this doesn't count the lame-ass Shane Douglas from the end of WcW. I'm thinking of Dean Douglas and the ECW Shane.