TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Yuna_Firerose

"Best of 2002" Match Listings

Guest godthedog
my favorite matches from this year on a "best of" tape.

Just ONE tape?! LOL, I have 10 full tapes!

ten full tapes of what? you could fit all the best matches from 2002 on one 6-hour tape.

austin/angle, january raw

edge/angle, backlash

edge/eddie, no holds barred smackdown match

edge/eddie, unforgiven

benoit/angle, unforgiven

benoit & angle/mysterio & edge, no mercy

(possibly benoit & angle/guerreros, but i didn't get to see it)

rock/angle/undertaker, vengeance

end of tape (off the top of my head at least).

Guest AndrewTS
yeah you're definitely a big fan. But saying things like Austin has never been interesting or not caring about Bret or Davey Boy and liking Xpac and Steven Richards because they look hot in short shorts will get on some nerves though...

That's not the only reason I like Stevie or Seanny (X-Pac). X-Pac is a good wrestler from what I've seen. Plus, he can get a crowd going.....I'm not talking about now, where the crowd chants "X-Pac sucks" out of habit. I remember he had a match against D'Lo on a PPV....the crowd was chanting D'LO SUCKS!! I was pleasantly surprised to see Seanny NOT getting booed....

As for Stevie? Besides looking hot, I genuinely do like his character. I listed my reasons for being a Stevie mark in another thread...it was titled something like "Say something positive about these guys"....you know which one I mean?

Well, X-Pac has almost always been shitty--awesome pre-neck injury and reportedly was good in NWA-TNA. However, in WWF he'd kick, kick, kick, do the spaz-out headlock, face hump, X-Factor. He rarely took any bumps and always went over people (and used to bury people) because of his Kliq ties. He was hated by the crowd, and not genuine heel heat, but rather "YOU FUCKING SUCK DIE YOU SONNUVABITCH AND GO TO HELL" heat. Meaning the crowd despises him to Rocky Maivia lengths.

Richards is a shell of his former self since the neck injury, but I think he's decent, and kinda dig the pairing with Victoria. Like the new finisher despite the stupid name.

Neither are outstanding workers to me, though.

Guest CanadianChick

Anyone else notice that wwe.com said the Jeff Hardy vs. Undertaker was a MOTYC? Do they expect anyone (smark and mark alike) to swallow that tripe?

ten full tapes of what? you could fit all the best matches from 2002 on one 6-hour tape.

Why would I tape just matches?? I tape anything that has any of the Superstars I like (backstage segments, interviews, etc). Add to that is anything that catches my interest from Velocity, Confidential, and/or Heat. Almost every Heat has had SOMETHING good on it....mainly because of Raven or Hurricane (on a side note....Stevie and Hurricane could have a great feud, I think. Their two matches, both of which I got on tape, were very good)

Also, tapes 1-5 were all double-taped....I would tape the show on another tape, then tape it onto my Greatest Moments tape. AND, the tapes are all in EP mode, which automatically means 6hrs. With double-taping, that compresses the footage down even MORE,soooo,I can fit more on the tape.

Confusing? :lol: Well, it makes sense if you do this every WWE-day.

He rarely took any bumps

HUH??? Ever since his return with the nWo, that's basically all he did!! He got thrown around by rock, SC, Big Show, Bradshaw, D'Lo.....none of which, I'm sure, helped his neck.

Guest AndrewTS
He rarely took any bumps

HUH??? Ever since his return with the nWo, that's basically all he did!! He got thrown around by rock, SC, Big Show, Bradshaw, D'Lo.....none of which, I'm sure, helped his neck.

I don't remember paying much attention to the nWo stint, but it certainly applies to most of his first stint as X-Pac, before he was released.

Guest godthedog

Why would I tape just matches?? I tape anything that has any of the Superstars I like (backstage segments, interviews, etc). Add to that is anything that catches my interest from Velocity, Confidential, and/or Heat. Almost every Heat has had SOMETHING good on it....mainly because of Raven or Hurricane (on a side note....Stevie and Hurricane could have a great feud, I think. Their two matches, both of which I got on tape, were very good)

Also, tapes 1-5 were all double-taped....I would tape the show on another tape, then tape it onto my Greatest Moments tape. AND, the tapes are all in EP mode, which automatically means 6hrs. With double-taping, that compresses the footage down even MORE,soooo,I can fit more on the tape.

Confusing? :lol: Well, it makes sense if you do this every WWE-day.

i shudder to think at how big your 'best of' collection would be if you watched in 2000.

i shudder to think at how big your 'best of' collection would be if you watched in 2000.

2000? Let's see...... E&C, DX (X-Pac, Road Dogg, Tori), RTC, Kurty and all his funny moments......Not to mention WCW with 3 Count, Cruiserweights, etc.

Yeah, I could only imagine what my tape collection would be like NOW if I started THEN.

Anyone else notice that wwe.com said the Jeff Hardy vs. Undertaker was a MOTYC? Do they expect anyone (smark and mark alike) to swallow that tripe?

It was a good match....but that's just me. Good, but certainly no MOTYC....

Guest CanadianChick

It was a 15 minute squash. Sure, it was half-way decent, but a top ten match? Yeah right.

Guest godthedog

2000? Let's see...... E&C, DX (X-Pac, Road Dogg, Tori), RTC, Kurty and all his funny moments......Not to mention WCW with 3 Count, Cruiserweights, etc.

i'll assume you include the foley skits in E & C.

there's also the trips/rock feud, the benoit/jericho feud, jericho's phantom title reign & his mini-last man standing feud with trips, rock's mini-feud with benoit, the trips/steph/angle love triangle, the trips/foley feud, the arrival of the radicals, & god knows what else.

there's also the trips/rock feud, the benoit/jericho feud, jericho's phantom title reign & his mini-last man standing feud with trips, rock's mini-feud with benoit, the trips/steph/angle love triangle, the trips/foley feud, the arrival of the radicals, & god knows what else.

Not sure if I would get the trips/rock feud, but I know I'd DEFINETLY get the Chris's feud. I'd tape the love triangle, the trips/foley feud....Radicals arrived in '00?? EDDDDIIIIIIEEEE! :wub: Yup, I'd tape that. :lol:

*sigh* It so would've reeked of awesomeness to start watching back then....

Guest AlwaysPissedOff
The Rock vs. "Hollywood" Hulk Hogan from Wrestlemania 18

Bleh, I can understand why it's on the list, but personally, I hated it.

Kurt Angle vs. Edge from Backlash 2002

Cage match was better.

Bubba Ray & Spike Dudley vs. Jeff Hardy & RVD vs. "Y2J" Chris Jericho & Christian vs. Kane in TLC 4 from the October 7th edition of Raw

Bah, crappy match + uber-shitty angle = no love from me

Edge vs. Eddie Guerrero in a ladder match from the September 26th edition of Smackdown

Fuck yeah! Kinda wish they'd put the Unforgiven match on, too.

The Undertaker vs. Jeff Hardy in a ladder match for the WWE Undisputed Championship from the July 1st edition of Raw

Just awful.

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Kurt Angle from Summerslam

It's okay, but it's like the 3rd best match of the show.

"The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H in a street fight from Summerslam

Shitty match, but much like Rock/Hogan, the marks loved it.

The Rock vs. Brock Lesnar for the WWE Undisputed Championship from Summerslam

The last PPV main event that didn't completely suck ass.

All in all, I'll be skipping this stinker especially since I have all the good matches on tape or DVD. Kinda wish they'd put Jericho/Rock from the Rumble on, but why bother?

Guest Spaceman Spiff
Bubba Ray & Spike Dudley vs. Jeff Hardy & RVD vs. "Y2J" Chris Jericho & Christian vs. Kane in TLC 4 from the October 7th edition of Raw

Hey, wow, the match where Kane lies around for the whole match, then gets up to squash everyone else at the end. Wonderful.

No RVD matches? Let the conspiracy theories begin!

Guest TheyCallMeMark

Wow, exactly one match I ever want to see again (Edge/Eddie). The rest I hope I never am unlucky enough to view.

Guest RickyChosyu
That BETTER not be it....they're forgetting the Angle/Benoit match from Unforgiven, the Benoit/Angle vs. Rey/Edge Tag title finals and their 2 out of 3 falls rematch on Smackdown.

What the FUCK is the Undertaker/Jeff Hardy ladder match doing there? I guess its this years equivalent of the "lingerie match" between Torrie and Stacy that was number FIVE last year.

Dames

Dames, do I take it that "fuck" is an acceptable word on this board? I honestly had no idea.

Man, I'm *so* out of the loop. Seriously.

Back to the topic at hand: Feh.

Guest Jobber of the Week

When Steph was announced as GM, I said a string of words that made Eminem sound like Teletubbies in comparison.

Guest DeputyHawk

the way this show plays will be somewhat of a spoiler as to the new year booking plans. last year the triple-h - steve austin match was their match of the year, leading nicely into the hype for hhh's return.

this year, i say they go with rock - lesnar (boos intact and with rocky's post-match 'singalong with the champ is over' speech included too) as their top bout. nowhere near deserving, but it hypes brock nicely along on the road to wrestlemania, and sets up rocky returning as a heel, which he pretty well has to.