TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest GameCop

? will win the Rumble, according to PWTorch

Guest GameCop

At this point, Jericho and Shawn Michaels are not scheduled to wrestle each other at the Royal Rumble. However, both will be involved in the Royal Rumble match; in fact, they will either be in the final four or the last two men in the actual match.

Believe it or not, Vince is leaning towards Jericho winning the Rumble (via devious means); however, Jericho will face HBK in a one on one encounter (#1 contendership match) at No Way Out, with HBK going over -- setting up one last match between Shawn Michaels and HHH at WrestleMania 19.

Guest AndrewisyourHero

Because ol' HHH never wastes an oppertunity to make Jericho look stupid

Guest Angle-plex

Why do they always have a #1 contender match at No Way Out? It degrades the meaning of the Rumble.

Guest Kotzenjunge

An idea: Have Jericho PROVE his point that HBK is a has-been and beat him down at NWO to look like an actual strong contender heading into Wrestlemania. It allows Shawn to put someone over before he ducks out for good hopefully and makes the Wrestlemania match look like an actual tossup. The problem with this plan is that Trips would need to either turn face or drop the belt, and both possibilities seem distant.

Guest Youth N Asia

I understand the theory and all, but doesn't a Smackdown guy have to win? The big gold belt is shit, you'd think they'd want the real title on the line at Mania.

And if both belts are still around at that time they'll both be defended anyway, so that makes the Rumble mean even less

Guest Jobber of the Week

Torch has proven to be less and less reliable in recent weeks. They also reported all those layoffs that didn't happen.

Rumble is getting stupid, though. 2001, 2002 Rumbles were way too easy to predict, and 2003 is starting to sound like the same. I still don't understand why people have a hernia when I suggest scrapping the event for one year in order to build more feuds.

Guest geniusMoment

No way they do that, they already had the blow off match to the trips HBK feud. That scenerio actually makes trips look weak because he has nothing to gain by beating HBK again, thereby making his match at wrestlemania less important than the other world title match

Guest Will Scarlet

Well...that sucks. Even if it is obvious, I would prefer Brock Lesnar just taking it. It makes more sense to have Angle duck Lesnar, have Lesnar win the Rumble, beat Big Show at No Way Out, and have everything culminate at Wrestlemania.

Having Jericho win the Rumble, and then lose to Shawn Michaels to set up another Michaels-HHH match is kind of dumb. At least it's not Nash, but still not something I am terribly excited about seeing. About the only way I could like this is if Michaels wins the match at Wrestlemania, and then puts Jericho over at Backlash, but, since I doubt that will happen, I will just shrug and not care.

Guest Aero

It would be great to have Jericho actually win the Rumble, but as everyone else is saying, the big gold belt is nothing. I still think they should, of course, further the Jericho/HBK feud in the Rumble, which Brock should win. Then, at No Way Out, have the Jericho/HBK feud furthered in a tag team match or some multiple-man match. Finally, have the blow-off at WM with Jericho going over via submission, and officially retiring HBK. Not only does it push Jericho higher than the tag ranks, but it can give him something new to gloat about.

Sitting through another HHH/HBK would be hell.

Guest geniusMoment

Why does everyone assume HBK is leaving after mania, all I have heard is his back is feeling fine and he is thinking of taking on a more strenuous schedule. Working the really big house shows like MSG

Guest Mole

That is the dumbest thing in the whole world. Why not just have HBK win the damn Rumble???

Besides, if Jericho were to win, then he should get the shot at Mania. Like everyone else has said, what is the point of the winner of the Rumble getting a shot at Mania? There isn't, not at all. Arr, this just get me pissed off.

If this is true, then it looks like Triple-Juice is going to beat Steiner. Thus Triple-Juice pushing down another wrestler. Why bring Steiner in if you are just going to job him out?

Plus, why do we want to see another HBK/Triple-Juice match??? What is the god damn point? If it is true that UFC's PPV got a higher buyrate than Armageddon, than why would you wanna put the same main event from that PPV, to the biggest PPV of the year?????????

Makes NO sense to me, so if this is true, FUCK YOU VINCE AND FUCK YOU TRIPLE-JUICE.

We finally get a great main event feud on Smackdown, and now we get this shit on Raw.

Guest Jobber of the Week
Why does everyone assume HBK is leaving after mania, all I have heard is his back is feeling fine and he is thinking of taking on a more strenuous schedule. Working the really big house shows like MSG

He has a woman and a young child at home. You think he really wants to choose now to start traveling on the road again?

I suspect he's just taking the oppertunity they're giving him to go out before he goes home and becomes a Christian parent or what have you. Too bad they won't stick him with anybody besides HHH.

Guest Choken One

I really don't see everyone's desire to see Brock win the rumble...That's too obvious. I would openly welcome Jericho winning. Why can't HHH drop the title to Steiner (yeah, ya heard me) at Rumble and just face Shawn in a Retirement match? Which they can hype that to hell next to Rock/Goldberg, Austin/Beniot, Angle/Brock, Hogan/Vince and just have the Big Gold belt title match between Steiner and RVD kick the show off with a bang! No? Then Fuck me.

If WWE was smart they have Rock/HHH instead...That way You can have Goldberg debut AT WMXIX and get a good buyrate for Judgement Day (Go rush it for BackLash) and have the Rock/Goldberg at Judgement Day and get TWO big buy rates instead of one.

However, If Jericho and HBK fight before...Who wants to bet they make it Loser becomes #1? To tie in with HBK's historic 95 win?

Guest Loss4Words

I don't understand the rules of this Rumble. I know there are 15 guys from each show and the winner gets a title shot for his show, but what about the other side? Like, let's say it comes down to Jericho and Lesnar. Does that mean that both are automatically in respective WM main events and from then on, they are just fighting for the honor of victory? Or does it mean that, if Lesnar wins, only Lesnar gets a title shot and the other title shot is still up in the air?

I don't understand at all and they haven't explained it very well.

Guest Choken One

Yeah, pretty much. Which means The final two BETTER be from the same show..meaning it either will Brock/Show or HBK/Jericho in the final two...

I might be only one here...BUT I feel it in my bones, Brock won't be winning the rumble...Either Jericho or RVD or Shawn. THEY HAVE to have Raw win just to give them the first upper hand in a while.

Guest Army Eye
I don't understand the rules of this Rumble. I know there are 15 guys from each show and the winner gets a title shot for his show, but what about the other side? Like, let's say it comes down to Jericho and Lesnar. Does that mean that both are automatically in respective WM main events and from then on, they are just fighting for the honor of victory? Or does it mean that, if Lesnar wins, only Lesnar gets a title shot and the other title shot is still up in the air?

My impression was, the guy who finishes second in the Rumble doesn't get shit.

The other title would surely be on the line at WrestleMania also, but the contender would be determined by other means, like we do the other 11 months.

This whole thing with two titles, 15/15 etc. does diminsh the importance of the Rumble. And if they do a #1 contender match again at No Way Out.. fuck that. Really gay.

Guest midnight_burn

I can just see that happening, we get the illusion of a Jericho push, only for him to be cast aside at the last minute for HHH/HBK part 587. I'm also certain Diesel will get involved in their little mutual masturbation feud at WM if he's in any shape to wrestle.

Guest GameCop

Yeah, Keller had also mentioned in his newsletter that if Nash is healthy by then, he will be included, making it a triple threat match.

So, depending upon Nash's health, we can either expect a HHH vs. HBK battle or Nash vs. HBK vs. HHH at WrestleMania 19.

I'm hoping we'll see a triple threat match; that way, all three can cripple each other in the ring, rendering the "KLIQ" dead for good!

Guest Mosh For Jesus

What would make sence here would be Stiener beat HHH at either the Rumble or No Way Out. The have Jericho win the rumble and beat HBK at No Way Out. Then its Jericho vs. Steiner for the title and it actually makes sence because they have history since Stiener came to Raw when Jericho schooled him in that promo and then Stiener interfering in that #1 contender triple threat match with Booker T and RVD costing Y2J the victory. Ya know, It would kinda make sence.

Guest bcu1979

I can't believe that Lesnar would not win the Rumble. They have the story set-up perfectly. He wins the Rumble by eliminating Show. They have a match at NWO for Lesnar to get his win back and get revenge for Show's title win. Heyman can also be taken out at NWO. Lesnar then finally gets his title match with Angle at Mania.

While I would love to see Jericho win the Rumble, what's the point if he just loses the title shot the next month? He'd just be RVD'd out of the title picture a few weeks later.

The Triple H/Michaels feud was a big failure that went on too long. To bring it back already as one of the WM main events is absurd. And adding Kevin Nash to the match...

Has Vince decided to turn RAW into a parody of the old WCW so he can blame Bischoff for it failing?

Guest CanadianChick
I can't believe that Lesnar would not win the Rumble. They have the story set-up perfectly. He wins the Rumble by eliminating Show. They have a match at NWO for Lesnar to get his win back and get revenge for Show's title win. Heyman can also be taken out at NWO. Lesnar then finally gets his title match with Angle at Mania.

While I would love to see Jericho win the Rumble, what's the point if he just loses the title shot the next month? He'd just be RVD'd out of the title picture a few weeks later.

The Triple H/Michaels feud was a big failure that went on too long. To bring it back already as one of the WM main events is absurd. And adding Kevin Nash to the match...

Has Vince decided to turn RAW into a parody of the old WCW so he can blame Bischoff for it failing?

Brock *not* winning the Rumble if a Raw guy does is perfect. Think about it. Team Angle prevents Brock from winning. Angle continues to taunt Brock. Brock goes aginst someone (lets just say Benoit or Big Show) for the #1 contendership and wins, despite Team Angle interfering and Brock defys the odds blah blah blah and there is your Smackdown main event for Wrestlemania.

Guest Choken One

It also easily allows WWE to NOT have to build up a storyline for Mania...Here they can go with...Such and Such won...they will face at WMXIX and they won't like each other.

If they want to do HBK/HHH/Diesel...Take the title off h3 AND hand it to Jericho or RVD or Booker or fuck, even Steiner.

Guest Brian

It ruins Mania. Angle's promo about Brock never getting a shot. Angle avoiding Brock yet challenging him in non-title situations, just like with Benoit.

Guest Choken One

They would likely have Stephanie intervene along the lines and Make a TBS/Brock #1 contender match...

Guest Brian

Bt that's a horrible move. Having Steph involved in this is horrible and they can still do the number one contender's match. Having Brock win is the most sensible move; Brock wins, get his revenge on Show at NWO, they have a short Angle/Show program following NWO as Angle dominates Show in the same manor is Brock with heelishness, then Mania hard-sell for three weeks. Never lose focus of Mania and the main storyline but keep the Brock/Heyman, Brock/Show, and Angle/Heyman (let it develop as Angle trying to be individual but Heyman putting forth himself) in sight. You've got to use it so Angle thinks he can beat Brock but much in the way Heyman did with the Survivor Series build, question Angle at times and force the issues. Then, Angle's turn that has been put on the backburner comes after he loses the title and they can start pushing Rhyno/Angle as Rhyno comes on to save Heyman. I'm guessing that the WWE is still planning on Benoit/Brock post-Mania as the title feud.

Guest Choken One

I didn't say I want to...just what THEY would do. Remember Steph has to have some say

Guest Black Tiger

I honestly don't think Brock will be champion anytime soon. He didn't do much of note in his first reign, all it really accomplished was making him into a heel, and Heyman was getting all the heat.

If the A-Train/Undertaker feud rumors are true, then I have to go with Edge for taking the title off Angle. Say what you will about him, but WWE Is behind his push, he's consistenly getting the loudest pop of the night, and Edge is about as ready as he can be. Edge improved a ton between 2001-2002 in his ring work and promos.

Guest Choken One

Um, No. What does Albert/Undertaker have to do with this? Nothing. Edge isn't ready to be WWE's spokesmen at WMXIX. Brock is VERY over at this point and Angle has more to offer then one joke Edge.