TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheBostonStrangler

IMPORTANT SWF ANNOUNCEMENT!

Guest TheBostonStrangler

Since Stubby was replaced, people have been asking what the new setup for the SWF would be. Well, it took a little longer than expected, but we finally have some stuff drawn up. First things first. The new bookers for the SWF are the Suicide King (our new head booker), the Boston Strangler, and Grand Slam Mark Stevens. Why are there three of them, you ask? Well, we’re considering moving to the SJL schedule…but more on that in a moment. Also, we’ve enlisted Sacred and Chris Raynor to mark for the SWF as well, to ease the load on the bookers. And an aside: With King heading the WF, he will be leaving JLCC. Strangler will be staying on JLCC on a tenative basis. Z and Longdogger Pete will be the other two JL bookers.

Also, we’ve decided to try and start a committee for helping out with fed-wide decisions. It’s a way for different groups of people to make their voices known. The committee will be made up of the three bookers, the two markers, and two active fed members who will rotate. Right now, the committee is made up of the following people:

Suicide King

Boston Strangler

Mark Stevens

Chris Raynor

Sacred

Hville Thugg

Z

This committee will be a way for a bunch of people to exchange ideas about the fed, and any possible changes we might make. However, we said that we didn’t want a group of people to have all the power in the fed. Therefore, the committee would bring all decisions to the people before anything goes into place.

On that note, we want to get feedback from the rest of the fed. There are a number of topics that we’d want some feedback on, positive or negative. Many of them are just ideas for the future, and some might go into effect immediately.

- Do you like the idea of changing to the SJL schedule format (3 shows every two weeks)?

- If you like this idea, what are some ideas you have for naming the new show?

- Are you interested in marking matches for the SJL? If so, leave your name.

- What other ideas would you like to see implemented? As you can see, we’re open to change. After things remaining VERY similar during Stubby’s reign, some change might not be a bad thing. Let us know.

- A note: people on the committee are examining changing the PPV schedule in conjunction with the show changes. However, this would be a few months down the road, so no feedback/voting is necessary now.

As for the SWF, the first card will not be Jan. 5th as Stubby posted after the PPV. The first card will be Storm on January 8th, 2003. This card will be BIG, so get ready folks. And PLEASE, give us feedback. Hopefully we can make this fed a better place.

Guest redbaron51

- Do you like the idea of changing to the SJL schedule format (3 shows every two weeks)?

Yes

SWF: Aggression

Yes. Xero

- What other ideas would you like to see implemented? As you can see, we’re open to change. After things remaining VERY similar during Stubby’s reign, some change might not be a bad thing. Let us know.

1 PPV for every 2 months

- A note: people on the committee are examining changing the PPV schedule in conjunction with the show changes. However, this would be a few months down the road, so no feedback/voting is necessary now.

Guest Kibagami

Well, I'm willing to mark, I think switching to the JL schedule would absolutely own the two-day Smarkdow n shit we do right now, and if anybody can remember the name of the old ML show (not Crimson, obviously, the other one), I think we should definitely use that. Remember the ML and all.

K.

EDIT: Oh, and I think one PPV every two months would definitely be a better idea than one a month. The build just gets rushed sometimes, and not every feud should end religiously at whatever PPV happens to be next.

Guest AnnieEclectic

Yes. Very much so.

SWF Anarchy. SWF Maelstrom. SWF Onslaught. SWF Aggression.

Annie Eclectic. Heh. I've mentioned my willingness to mark for the JL.

Give me time, the 3 show schedule was my main sticking point.

There's my feedback. I'm tired so I might have actual good ideas later.

-Annie

Guest Kibagami

Strangler, we let SWF Smarkdown! slide; I don't think Mirage is such a bad choice. :D

And will the discussions mentioned in the section about the committee be open to the rest of the fed?

K.

Guest TheBostonStrangler

Silent: That has yet to be decided. However, like I said, no matter what the committee does, no decision can be reached without the majority opinion of the fed being in favor of it.

Guest kelloggs

I want to mark. I was pretty indifferent to the writing schedule because I was able to experience it in the JL and just started getting use to the WF schedule but if it will help other writers its the correct way to go. I also believe we shouold probably stay with PPV's once a month

Guest 5_moves_of_doom

The SJL schedule is teh roq, yo.

-SWF Mirage

-SWF Agression

-SWF Lesbianism

-SWF (Y)(Y)(Y) [Yes, I'm serious... it'd work, dammit!

-and of course, SWF EL KABONG~!

...Righto.

Aside from that... changes... hmmm...

- More #1 Contendership Matches and the like... these really get the writers motivated [the ones who don't suck] usually... hell, something interesting like holding an 8-man tournament for a shot at the ICTV title or something would be cool, even... just little stuff like that that motivates the writers... hell, when it's NOT for a title shot, at least put "A win here could put Xero in line for a bump up the roster soon..." or something in the match description, heh.

- I'm a sucker for old IGN stuff, so some people might not agree... but an idea that was brought up when we FIRST made a pilgrimage to the Smarks, was to have a "From The Vault" match every show or something... To educate new guys on shit... and just for nistalgia, or whatever. I have like, 20 matches saved onto my computer... and I could choose them at random or something... I dunno, it just seems like a pretty fun idea to me, and it couldn't possibly HURT, could it? Anyhow... either way... I need to play TBS in Yahoo pool, so yeah... I might put in some more ideas later... uh, later.

Guest 5_moves_of_doom

Oh, and another thing that might spice things up from show to show... maybe a different 2-man commentary team for each show? It might get out of hand if we had 3 shows, but I don't see anything wrong with rotating 2 teams in and out... maybe just a third commentator, or a guest commentator, would make things interesting every once and a while, eh?

Guest Tod deKindes

I'm all for pretty much all thing mentionned here, as long as I get to keep my JL marking duties.

Guest Kibagami

And TNT's commentary idea is fucking Godly. Maybe I'm just a little biased because I get really tired of writing Riley...but it's something to consider, eh?

K.

Guest AnnieEclectic

Quick note, I like the show name "Vindication" but I'm apparently alone on this, and will prove it thus when everyone on the boards kills the idea.

Alas.

-Annie

Guest KingOfOldSchool

As if you jag-offs value the opinions of non-active JL'ers. But if I suppose if I ever come back and get up to the SWF:

Yes.

SWF Attrition. I don't think it was ever used for a PPV, despite the name being proposed in the past.

No. I'm completely sure I don't meet qualifications anyway.

- What other ideas would you like to see implemented?

I have to agree with the "one PPV for every two months" suggestion.

I also have to say that a "From The Vault" thing sounds good, though I don't know whether or not enough classics would be around to warrant the idea I had, which would be to dedicate the fourth show per two weeks to a Vault show. If not, I have to say one Vault match per show, or a special Vault show to be shown before PPVs would be adequate.

Guest 5_moves_of_doom
Quick note, I like the show name "Vindication" but I'm apparently alone on this, and will prove it thus when everyone on the boards kills the idea.

Alas.

-Annie

No, that's actually good Annie... not to mention it's a reference to remember the legend that was VANGUARD~!... not that anyone besides me remembers who he is.

Guest CED Ordonez

Do you like the idea of changing to the SJL schedule format (3 shows every two weeks)?

Very much so.

If you like this idea, what are some ideas you have for naming the new show?

I'd like to concur with Annie's idea. Vindication has a real kick ass feel to it.

Are you interested in marking matches for the SJL? If so, leave your name.

Ced Ordonez, available as a disaster-string marker.

What other ideas would you like to see implemented? As you can see, we’re open to change. After things remaining VERY similar during Stubby’s reign, some change might not be a bad thing. Let us know.

Tighten up the booking. As kick ass as it was for me to be part of the Hardcore Three-Way elimination at the PPV, I really had no reason to be there in the first place.

Guest Ash Ketchum

Do you like the idea of changing to the SJL schedule format (3 shows every two weeks)?

Sounds cool. :)

If you like this idea, what are some ideas you have for naming the new show?

Give me a little time and I'll have you a list of 20 or so possibilities. ^_^

Are you interested in marking matches for the SJL? If so, leave your name.

Hell yes. The name is Ash Ketchum. I'll let you guys know if it changes. :)

What other ideas would you like to see implemented?

As Ced said:

"As you can see, we’re open to change. After things remaining VERY similar during Stubby’s reign, some change might not be a bad thing. Let us know.

Tighten up the booking. As kick ass as it was for me to be part of the Hardcore Three-Way elimination at the PPV, I really had no reason to be there in the first place."

The Hardcore match was basically just something thrown together. ^_^ It was fun, but it really didn't have that strong of a feeling while writing it. I mean, I enjoyed it and all.

I'd like to see some more diversity in people getting title shots, too. That goes for all titles. But of course, within reasonable limits. For instance, maybe giving the Hardcore or US champ a shot at the ICTV title once in a while, or the ICTV champ getting a World Title shot. That is, as long as this doesn't fuck with storylines or anything like that.

Guest HVilleThugg

Vindiction is a good PPV name, doesn't seem like a good regular show name to me. I offer these...

SWF eXplosion!

SWF Burn

SWF Superstars

SWF Your Mama's A Whore!

Ok, so the first one is really my only suggestion...

Da "has no other comments" H

Guest realitycheck

YES.

Ahem. Sorry, but you get the idea.

Well, I, myself, have nuthin'. I like a few of the names suggested by other people, but honestly, too many of them sound like PPV name... so I'll go with a totally different suggestion, and just say that maybe we should un-earth Ignite?

Alrighty. The name's Z, and--oh, wait. Sorry, sorry, nevermind.

Well, my most profound concerns were addressed with the booking, first and formost, and then the schedule. However, if you'll allow me, I have some additional ideas...

-A cuppuccino machine in the locker-room.

-Free complimentary Ferreo Roche boxes

-Free complimentary Frost Brand™ cigars, including Frost Brand™ disposable lighters and a Frost Brand™ "Edible Ashtray".

-Stealing an idea from Tom, I think we ALL deserve underaged Asian belt-girls. Even if we don't have any belts.

-A new line of merchandise. (Not necessarily for everyone... okay, okay, just for me.)

-A licensing deal with Matel and Dic for an SWF Saturday Morning cartoon entitled "Captian Taamo And The SWF All-Star Mystery Justice G.I. Digital TransformingMon League (Of the FUTURE~!)"

-Beacuse Thoth's fucking anime is taking FOREVER.

And last but not least...

-Chocolate microscopes.

Even with that in mind, I'll chime in that I fully support the idea that if we're going to change up the schedule, we should do the whole "PPV's ever 6 or 8 weeks" thing.

-Z

Guest Ace309

I think 45-day-more-or-less PPVs (two every three months) would be super, personally. Mid-Feb, late March, mid-May, late June, mid August, late September (Genesis, of course), mid-November, and then a year-end PPV in late December.

Guest Powerplay

On going to the JL Schedule: YES! YES YES YES YESYESYES! That would be absolutely fantastico! I would love to have extra time like I did in the JL.

Suggestions for names:

SWF Third Strike

SWF Lightning

SWF Fight Night

SWF Assault

SWF Firestorm

SWF Detonation

SWF Blitz

SWF Gladiators

SWF Superstars (Yes, Thugg suggested it and the old WWF used it, but it has a great ring to it.)

SWF Late Night Brawl

SWF All-Stars (I'm scrapping bottom now, but I'm gonna suggest everything that has a chance)

I'd like to point to TNT's ideas. I really like a few of them, like a new heel commentator or possibly having a team of 3 commentators. Riley is great for gay jokes, but frankly I like strong heel commentators like King or Neilson. Personally, King was best for me when he was fighting with another strong face, like Edwin. So we have Neilson (Strong Heel) and Grand Slam (Strong Face), or maybe a third in there to play a more tweenerish role. Maybe NTD ;)?

TNT's other idea, the bringing back classic old matches would be a great one as well. It would fill up shows and give some of the people who don't know all the history to see some of the great matches.

Ash's idea of giving the Hardcore guy a US shot and the ICTV Title guy a World shot is a good idea. Give the belts more meaning.

That's all from me, really.