TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheBostonStrangler

IMPORTANT SWF ANNOUNCEMENT!

Guest Mr. Slim Citrus
Why?  Retiring him in favor of a tag team entry?

Damn skippy.

Guest Powerplay

Well, I think we should check how many people would like to do this before implementing it, so we aren't just getting two teams battling each other over and over. But yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing a strong tag division. If the tag team disolves, you can take the more favorable tag guy and run with him in singles. It's a good idea, but we would need a few more people doing it. I would say at least a minimum of four teams.

Guest Kibagami

That could be a cool idea. We've got a couple of stables that can probably come up with a stable tag team or two, and I know there's at least a few WFers who'd be interested in running a tag team.

K.

Guest Tod deKindes

I am very much in favor of implementing the ability to operate a tag team on your own.

You could either add a partner to your current wrestler or create a new separate tag team. If one is up to it, one week he books his singles guy and the next he books his tag team.

This could most definitely work.

Guest Suicide King

Well, I for one am against it. The whole point of a tag team title is the teamwork. If people just ran teams by themselves and won the belt, it would be no different than any other singles belt. If you want to win a singles belt, I can think of four SWFers who would be happy to field your challenges.

Guest 5_moves_of_doom
You are all aware, of course, that "The Joker's Wild" was the title of a bad 70's game show.

Frost, my Math Teacher was on that show.

"C'mooooooooooooon JOKER!!!!!"

Oh, and I'm all for "SWF Funk"... almost suggested it, actually, but didn't think it'd be taken seriously... anyhow, bring the funk!

EDIT: And King is right, by the way... the point of a team is to... well... uh, be a... team.

Guest WrestlingDeacon

I would say not totally on that, because it's a lot different writing a tag match than it is writing a straight up singles match. There are a lot of different spots, chemistry, psychology and such that you just can't work in a singles match.

With that being said, I think that a tag team should still be two seperate people and if we can't drum up enough support for a tag division then get rid of the belts. Although I would hate to see that happen as I think tag team wrestling is vitally important to the sport as a whole and the skill of a tag match is becoming a lost art on all levels.

Guest 5_moves_of_doom
It's like a gimmick title, which isn't a bad thing.

A "No Ropes Barbed-Wire-Ladder Stairway To Hell Championship" would be a gimmick title...

Would THAT be a bad thing?

Guest Goodear

But its nigh impossible to form a steady tag team with another person here that actually stays together and works as a unit. It's just that writing tag matches seems like a chore to me now, instead of being actually fun since you can't just sit down and write the things without having a meeting first. Having one guy run a tag team would simplify the process and create a different kind of flow for the shows instead of singles match after singles match after three way dance.

But King's right, it might just turn into another singles belt. But quite frankly, I would rather have that title than the hardcore belt. But that might just be me.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

That's what's good about a steady tag team. That's why we should have steady tag teams, and not a gimmick belt.

Writing tag matches is fun; they just need to be well thought out, and you need a few days to do them. Four's the minimum, I say: one to plan, one for one person to write, one for the other, and then one day to touch up and send in. When Raynor and I were tagging, and when I tagged with Grand Slam as well, we even traded the match back and forth a few times. It's the most fun I've ever had writing non-PPV matches, actually.

All you need is a partner you can depend on and someone who you communicate with regularly. It's much easier to tag if you can come up with some spots in the middle of a chat over IM.

Being in a fairly steady tag team is something everybody should try at least once. It's a lot easier than writing 6000 words yourself every week, and it's hellaciously fun. The most satisfying moments I had in this fed were staying up till 2 AM brainstorming big ol' matches. The Carnies need to establish a steady tag team, as should the M7. Anybody else not satisfied with singles "pushes"? Tag up! It rules, as long as you're willing to stick with it for a couple months.

Guest redbaron51

I'm agreeing with Edwin...

Taggin is so much easier to do, because even though its 6000 words, you are not going to write the whole thing....

Thats why there are stables, not random tag teams in the league

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Agreed, Xero.

As much as you might think it's a burden to be "the tag guys," it's not. I think every stable should have a steady tag team in it, and I'd like to see four permanent tag teams in existence at any given moment. Obviously you don't have to wrestle tag *all* the time, but it's a cool option and I would love to see some great tag matches.