TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

2003 Royal Rumble Match = 1994 Royal Rumble Match?

All right, I know that we have yet to see how the Rumble match plays out, but before hand...I have noticed how similar the 1994 Royal Rumble and this year's rumble seems to be...both in the title match and in the Rumble match.

Let's take a look at the players involved.

Kurt Angle = Yokozuna (the champion, has a title match with someone who could have his number)

Chris Benoit = Undertaker (the challenger, will probably be screwed out of the title)

Paul Heyman = Mr. Fuji and Jim Cornette (the champion's representives, wants to keep someone out of main event)

Team Angle = Tenryu and Kabuki (hired workers by manager to keep certain person out of main event)

Big Show = Crush (another person champion's representative represents)

Brock Lesnar = Lex Luger (person wanted out of main event by champion's representative(s). Only chance for Championship match is winning Royal Rumble)

Undertaker = Randy Savage (hates non-champion person champion's representative represents)

I think you could see how things play out here. However, to make it complete, we have to have someone play the role of Bret Hart...and that would probably be someone from Raw....maybe Booker T or RVD? If so, that would make either Goldust or Kane into Owen Hart.

...or maybe I'm looking into this too much.

Guest Choken One
All right, I know that we have yet to see how the Rumble match plays out, but before hand...I have noticed how similar the 1994 Royal Rumble and this year's rumble seems to be...both in the title match and in the Rumble match.

Let's take a look at the players involved.

Kurt Angle = Yokozuna (the champion, has a title match with someone who could have his number)

Chris Benoit = Undertaker (the challenger, will probably be screwed out of the title)

Paul Heyman = Mr. Fuji and Jim Cornette (the champion's representives, wants to keep someone out of main event)

Team Angle = Tenryu and Kabuki (hired workers by manager to keep certain person out of main event)

Big Show = Crush (another person champion's representative represents)

Brock Lesnar = Lex Luger (person wanted out of main event by champion's representative(s). Only chance for Championship match is winning Royal Rumble)

Undertaker = Randy Savage (hates non-champion person champion's representative represents)

I think you could see how things play out here. However, to make it complete, we have to have someone play the role of Bret Hart...and that would probably be someone from Raw....maybe Booker T or RVD? If so, that would make either Goldust or Kane into Owen Hart.

...or maybe I'm looking into this too much.

Just A little.

Don't worry, I seriously doubt WWE has the balls to do something as stupid as duplicate THAT mess.

Simple as this...Brock shouldn't and won't win the rumble and Either Jericho, HBK, Booker or RVD will win.

Just A little.

Don't worry, I seriously doubt WWE has the balls to do something as stupid as duplicate THAT mess.

Simple as this...Brock shouldn't and won't win the rumble and Either Jericho, HBK, Booker or RVD will win.

...I take it you weren't a fan of the 1994 Royal Rumble.

And come on...right now it looks like Lesnar will OBVIOUSLY get into the Royal Rumble. Like I said...with Angle as champion (or anyone else under Heyman's thumb for that matter), Lesnar won't be getting a title shot, and will have to enter the Royal Rumble to get one.

Besides, I still think that the WWE Title holds more importance than the Big Gold Belt (which MOLLY should be holding, but that's just my opinion. ^_-)

Guest Choken One

No, I liked the Rumble itself...Just not the Undertaker/Yoko mess and the 2 men at once (which was somewhat cool in 1994, but not today).

Having Brock is like Yoko in 93, HBK in 95, HBK in 96, Austin in 98, Rock 00, HHH in 02...Too damn obvious LONG before the Match was even announced. The best rumbles, 1992, 1997, 2001 were great because we had no clue who would win

In 03' they can have 5 possible winners...

Brock Lesnar

Jericho

HBK

Booker

Rob Van Dam

Sure its nowhere near 1992 or even 2001, but at least it Isn't last year.

Guest Mole

Um, I don't think RVD has any chance of winning. He is no where the main event scene, so why would he win? Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see him win, but I think we are just fantasizing here.

It's either going to be Brock, Jericho or HBK. My choice would be Jericho, but that's just me.

Chris, if Molly were to win the BIG Gold Belt, then I would stop watching Raw.

Chris, if Molly were to win the BIG Gold Belt, then I would stop watching Raw.

Why? It's better than The Lame holding the belt all of the time. Or for that matter, Steiner or any other Kliq member.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Here's an analysis of all the Rumbles in recent memory:

'96: Shawn was going to win. End of story.

'97: Only Undertaker, Hart, or Austin was going to win. Vader or Owen were possible dark horses.

'98: Austin

'99: Austin or McMahon

'00: Rocky's involvement was a formality

'01: Five guys were given the video package treatment: Austin, Rock, UT, Kane, and Rikishi. Only SCSA or Rock had a hope in hell.

'02: It was all about the Game.

Here's an analysis of all the Rumbles in recent memory:

'96: Shawn was going to win. End of story.

'97: Only Undertaker, Hart, or Austin was going to win. Vader or Owen were possible dark horses.

'98: Austin

'99: Austin or McMahon

'00: Rocky's involvement was a formality

'01: Five guys were given the video package treatment: Austin, Rock, UT, Kane, and Rikishi. Only SCSA or Rock had a hope in hell.

'02: It was all about the Game.

Going back a bit further...

95: It was dependant on who won the WWF title match. If Bret Hart had won, either Owen or Backlund would have won.

Guest Choken One

I'll do you one better

1990-Anyone could have won but Hogan did instead of Perfect.

1991-Hogan was written in regardless of who won the title match earlier the night.

1992-Anyone could have won. Flair, Hogan, Savage, Piper, Sid, Undertaker, Roberts.

1993-Since the Title rule was first implicated...Yokozuna was only choice...If there was no title shot...Undertaker and Yokozuna would have been only options.

1994-Lex Luger was seemingly obvious choice if Yoko won...However, if Undertaker won...Likely Crush would been favorite.

1995-It all depended on whom won Hart/Diesel. If Diesel, HBK was clearly winning. If Hart, Owen would win the rumble.

1995-It all depended on whom won Hart/Diesel. If Diesel, HBK was clearly winning. If Hart, Owen would win the rumble.

You forgot about Backlund as well. Bret Hart WAS feuding with Bob Backlund at the time too.

Guest Choken One

True...But I thought Owen.Bret was the REAL storyline and Backlund was a side thing to interwine.