TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chunk

The PS 50 for 2002

Im not sure if this is the righ forum to post this in, but here goes.

This is the Power Slam magazine top 50 workers of 2002. I'm not sure how well know Power Slam is, but basically it is one of the leading Smark magazines here in the UK.

50: Lance Storm

49: Red

48: Dragon Kid

47: Trent Acid

46: Undertaker

45: Magnum Tokyo

44: Kenta Kobashi

43: Tajiri

42: Masato Tanaka

41: Spanky

40: Masahiro Chono

39: Christian

38: Jonny Storm

37: Brock Lesnar

36: Chavo Guerrero

35: Steve Austin

34: Jeff Hardy

33: Jodie Fleisch

32: Mitsharu Misawa

31: Mat Hardy

30: Jamie Noble

29: Jushin Lyger

28: Manabu Nakanishi

27: Bokker T

26: Yoshihiro Takayama

25: Minoru Tanaka

24: Shinjiro Ohtani

23: Chris Jericho

22: Hiroyoshi Tenzan

21: Doug Williams

20: HHH

19: Rey Mysterio Jr.

18: Koji Kanemoto

17: Christopher Daniels

16: Yoshinobu Kanemaru

15: American Dragon

14: Chris Benoit

13: The Rock

12: Jun Akiyama

11: A.J. Styles

10: Genichiro Tenryu

9: Edge

8: RVD

7: Keiji Muto

6: Jerry Lynn

5: Satoshi Kojima

4: Eddie Guerrero

3: Low Ki

2: Yuji Nagata

1: Kurt Angle

Enjoy and discuss :)

ChUnK!

Guest BobBacklundRules
Decent, but the fact that HHH is on it destroys any credibility.

How about the fact that the Rock beat out HHH

Guest dreamer420

Forget the anti HHH shit. I think the list is pretty good, and I'm glad to see Jeff Hardy make the list, although Lance Storm shouldn't have.

Guest BAR

Nice to see Jerry Lynn in the top 10, he deserves it. From what I've seen of him this year, he's had some great matches in TNA and can still go with the 'young' guys.

Low-Ki at #3, wow! I assumed workers like AJ and JL would come ahead of him. He was in my MOTY though, vs. Daniels vs. Dragon (23/2/02).

All together good list. Angle at #1 wasn't a surprise. He did have two MOTYC, but then again, both involved Benoit.

Guest Respect The 'Taker
Decent, but the fact that HHH is on it destroys any credibility.

How about the fact that the Rock beat out HHH

How about the fact Rock has had like 6 matches.

I love Power Slam, we get that shipped over here to Australia and i make sure i read it whenever i can, truly awesome magazine.

STILL, im pissed Eddie hasn't been honoured as No.1 here...Eddie deserves it more than any other wrestler on the planet for this years effort, IMO.

UYI - Feels froggy

Guest BigPoppaKev

Mutoh is way way too high. He should be more in the 30-50 range than the top 10. He has not had any really good matches last year besides against Kawada on 2/24/02. He is still highly overrated as seen by this list.

Guest Youth N Asia

American Dragon, 15 my ass...most overrated guy in the indies in my opinion.

And Red shouldn't be on any top 50 lists, his matches make me sick with there lack of total psych.

Austin hasn't worked 3/4 of the year. Rock's missed a lot as well.

Where's Chris Hero and CM Punk?

Guest BionicRedneck

Obviously no one over at PS watches Puro anymore. The list is a shambles on many levels:

46: Undertaker- HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

40: Masahiro Chono

37: Brock Lesnar

36: Chavo Guerrero

30: Jamie Noble

29: Jushin Lyger

28: Manabu Nakanishi

26: Yoshihiro Takayama

24: Shinjiro Ohtani

22: Hiroyoshi Tenzan

21: Doug Williams

20: HHH- The fact that HHH is ahead of all these is pretty much insanity

14: Chris Benoit

13: The Rock- Yeah, good one!! :)

7: Keiji Muto- Hasn't had a good singles match in a year

4: Eddie Guerrero

3: Low Ki- WTF?!

Guest Joejigatame

Ugh, is this the English version of PWI?

29. Jushin Lyger - Should be in the top 10 pretty easily based on the last year.

Where the hell is Nishimura? Mutoh is in the top 10 but Nishimura isn't? :D

Low-Ki is severely overrated, yet he gets place 3? Oh dear.

2. Yuji Nagata - No way should Nagata be this high. I like his stuff, but number two? Have they seen his 60 minute draw with Chono? :(

1. Kurt Angle - Nope. Top 10 yes, but not first place.

Hmmm. There are some strange choices on the list, but im not sure that Angle is a bad one.

He had a good showing in the rumble last year, he had a decent match with HHH at No Way Out. Carried Edge to decent contests at Backlash and Judgement Day, he had a good series of bouts with Rey. Had an amazing run of SD matches with the other 5 of the Super 6, and he produced the WWE's strongest MOTYC's.

I understand he has had a bit of a de-push, but you cant dispute the fact that he is probably the best worker in the world today.

He also kicks ass on the stick.

ChUnK!

Guest Army Eye

Jeff Hardy ahead of Chavo Guerrero. Tell me how that doesn't COMPLETELY discredit the list right there?

Some of it looks good but WTF? There are other oddities but let's just start with that one.

I can understand how opinions can vary but this is way beyond that. There is no way ANYONE can make the case that Jeff Hardy was a better worker than Chavo Guerrero. Not even Jeff Hardy's mom.

Guest Joejigatame

Hmmm. There are some strange choices on the list, but im not sure that Angle is a bad one.

He had a good showing in the rumble last year, he had a decent match with HHH at No Way Out. Carried Edge to decent contests at Backlash and Judgement Day, he had a good series of bouts with Rey. Had an amazing run of SD matches with the other 5 of the Super 6, and he produced the WWE's strongest MOTYC's.

I understand he has had a bit of a de-push, but you cant dispute the fact that he is probably the best worker in the world today.

He also kicks ass on the stick.

ChUnK!

By no means is Angle a bad choice, they could have put Mutoh there or something. That said, I think Eddy Guerrero had a much better year than Kurt did. Angle really struggled for the first three or four months of last year and didn't do anything special. Eddy on the other hand had a good run in the Indies, a good run in New Japan, and was consistent when he came back to WWE. And Eddy also kicks ass on the stick. ;)

I have to agree with that Jiga.

IMO Eddy and Kurt were probably 1 and 2. I would have given 1 to Eddy just because of what he has been through, and what he now has. He's admited his problems and worked his ass off to get his career back, and I have to take my hat off to hm for that :)

Guest razazteca

was there a time period given? it seems nobody in UK watches Lucha.....Shocker or Ultimo Guerrero could of been #34 instead of Hardy.

Guest Joejigatame
was there a time period given? it seems nobody in UK watches Lucha.....Shocker or Ultimo Guerrero could of been #34 instead of Hardy.

I assume it was based on December 2001 to November 2002. And, Jeff Hardy shouldn't be in a top 500, let alone the so-called top 50.

The list was based on

Wrestlers' efforts from December 1st 2001 to November 30th 2002

The list was written by:

* Fin Martin

* Mohamed Chatra

* Greg "The Truth" Lambert

* Oliver Hurley

Razaz: No, I dont think many people can watch Lucha in the UK, judging by the list at least :) Its wierd though, because Puro is coverd and there can only be a tiny Puro audience in the Uk as well. Just out of interest, the magazine doesnt cover Lucha at all either, so that might be why. I cant think why it doesn't.

ChUnK!

Guest BionicRedneck
The list was written by:

What should be noted is that Mr. Lambert is a clueless cretin who claims HHH/HBK 2/3 falls from Armeggedon to be a "bonofide classic" and thinks HHH has been a top 10 performer this year. He is also extremely arrogant, and actually calls himself the best pro wrestling journalist in the world. Sad.

The list was written by:

What should be noted is that Mr. Lambert is a clueless cretin who claims HHH/HBK 2/3 falls from Armeggedon to be a "bonofide classic" and thinks HHH has been a top 10 performer this year. He is also extremely arrogant, and actually calls himself the best pro wrestling journalist in the world. Sad.

Not that I want to jump on the case of Greg Lambert, but he was the guy that criticised Smarks for being too picky (we were talking about him earlier in another thread).

Where did he say that HHH/HBK 2/3 falls was a classic?

I gotta read that column.

ChUnK

Guest BAR
The list was written by:

Not that I want to jump on the case of Greg Lambert, but he was the guy that criticised Smarks for being too picky (we were talking about him earlier in another thread).

Where did he say that HHH/HBK 2/3 falls was a classic?

I gotta read that column.

ChUnK

That's pathetic. Makes me despise him even more. There match as SummerSlam was enjoyable, though.