TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest EQ

Who do you like better?

Guest Renegade
Ken is good but Kyokugen style is the best

With the exception of the Hau shokoken and the Zanretsuken, I'm not so sure.

Guest art_vandelay
Ken.

Ryu sure as hell doesn't look Asian. He looks incredibly Caucasian.

Yes he does, they all do. But the fact that in every SF storyline he's listed as being Japanese; the fact that his character in the Van Damme movie was portrayed by an Asian; and the fact that the name "Ryu" itself is a very Japanese name would lead me to believe otherwise.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

This seems like the right thread to ask this:

Should I get C vs. SNK or C v. M2 first?

Guest Renegade

Depends how much your into fighting games.

I myself prefer Capcom vs SNK 2 by a long way, but M vs C 2 does have the "wacky fun" element to it.

Guest razazteca

vs Marvel2 has the 100 air hit combo gimmick

vs SNK2 keeps it close to the KOF and classic SFII style no insane combos. this game also has 6 grooves to choose from depending how you like to use the supers: SFA, SFII, Rage, Super Saiyan power up :) and others

Guest thetrendsetter

Ken... No Question, It's Ken.

How can you even ask a question like that... That's not a question... That's not even... Literate

Guest Adrian 3:16

Ken is okay, but no one's fucking with Ryu. But then, I haven't really played SF since the days of Super Turbo, so in the modern era of 46 hit super death combos maybe Ken has gotten better.

On a side note, has anyone else noticed that the characters of Benoit and Jericho are basically a "real life" version of Ryu and Ken? 2 guys who trained together and have similar styles, only 1 has short dark hair and a no-nonsense personality and the other has long blonde hair and is a flashy ego-maniac? Where have we seen that before? :D

Guest Ronixis
Ken is okay, but no one's fucking with Ryu. But then, I haven't really played SF since the days of Super Turbo, so in the modern era of 46 hit super death combos maybe Ken has gotten better.

On a side note, has anyone else noticed that the characters of Benoit and Jericho are basically a "real life" version of Ryu and Ken? 2 guys who trained together and have similar styles, only 1 has short dark hair and a no-nonsense personality and the other has long blonde hair and is a flashy ego-maniac? Where have we seen that before? :D

:lol:

After all these years I never thought it that way...

Guest The Hamburglar

You're all on crack. Ken is the single most tosserish, arse-faced, cum-guzzling, gimp-gobbling, turtle-tossing, cockjock shithead videogame character ever. He is a cheap pathetic wannabe and has stupid hair. I despise him. I wish for him to die. Die Ken. Die in agony.

Guest Renegade
You're all on crack. Ken is the single most tosserish, arse-faced, cum-guzzling, gimp-gobbling, turtle-tossing, cockjock shithead videogame character ever. He is a cheap pathetic wannabe and has stupid hair. I despise him. I wish for him to die. Die Ken. Die in agony.

With strong evidence like that, who WOULDN'T be convinced?

/sarcasm.

Guest eiker_ir

hey that's pretty cool, and i like Ken and Jericho better than the other two, weird.

Guest The Hamburglar
1) Some of us voted for Ryu

2)That sounds hugely Homonphobic.

1. Well done.

2. What does? All right, I change cum-guzzling to Horse-cum guzzling. Everything else is free-range, non-denominational depravity, non-exclusive to either sex or sexual inclination. And its all true. Ken sucks. Sucks, sucks, sucks, sucks, sucks, sucks. I would pay to see Blanka eat him very slowly whilst E Honda takes a shit in his face. And I'd laugh in doing so. There can be no further argument on the heinousity of Ken.

Guest Samurai_Goat

Gotta say Ryu, when I played the SF2 Turbo (first one I managed to play), Ryu's fireball did more damage, his hurrican kick knocked down in one hit (yea, Ken's auto combo'd, but then you just land right in front of your opponent...) and I liked Ryu's more vertical dragon punch, I'd just walk right under them and hit them. So, if purely for nestalgia, or however you spell it, Ryu.

Guest Thoth

You're forgetting that in all of fighting games, that everyone has stupid pants except one person.

Iori Yagami.

Iori has the greatest pants ever. Not to mention he can grab Ken and Ryu after they land from a dragon punch, and tear their chests open with his super. What does Ken do for a super? Various kinds of dragon punches. Ryu throws a fireball and spins like a doofus. Iori tears people's chests open.

I think this discussion is over.

BONG~

Guest Breetai
Yes...Chun LI and her THIGHS OF DOOM~!

Ain't nothing wrong with thighs of doom.

*Looks around for a girl with thighs of doom*

And I'll have to agree that Iori kicks the both of them. His double-special in KOF 98 where he drops you to the ground and tries to pound open your ribcage is a thing of beauty.

Guest Renegade

Since this thread has spiraled into another "greatest fighting game character" thread, I would just like to point out:

Terry Bogard > Everyone else

Guest CED Ordonez

Yuri has the Super Bitchslap and the flying ass attack, so she gains points for that, but I digress.

I favor Ken's MvC2 incarnation to Ryu's, so Mr. Masters wins this round.

Guest razazteca

the 1000 hand bitch slap does rule, plus Yuri has defensive abilities as she can block fire balls or shoot them from the air.