TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest PhillyDogg

A Good Idea the WWE could do

Guest PhillyDogg

How about lowering their ppv prices. I laugh at the WWE for expecting the people to pay $34.95 to watch their boring shit. The last ppv I got was WM17.

Guest razazteca

I never buy PPVs

I only buy DVDs at the low low low cost of $15-$30 and sometimes I buy them used for $9.99

Guest AndrewTS

I rarely buy them. Although I'm likely going to buy the Rumble, splitting the cost with a few friends.

And yes, it's a good idea--which is precisely why WWE won't do it.

I also usually do as raza does. The most I paid for a WWE DVD so far was 22 bucks for this year's Summerslam. I was able to get No Mercy and Summerslam from last year for about 10 bucks each used.

Guest geniusMoment

I never buy ppv's thanks to my black little friend, he is kind of box shaped.

Guest Downhome
I never buy ppv's thanks to my black little friend, he is kind of box shaped.

Do you think you could introduce me to your friend?

Guest razazteca

I used the black box also but due to stupidity my friend got caught and the fact that all PPV are now on the Digital channels I just find other ways to watch the shows, there is always HOOTERS!

Nothing beats going to HOOTERS which is usually full of marks and when the boring matches are on I could always drink beer and stare at the hostess.

Guest Choken One

I just go to BW3 or Hooters.

Only Rumble and Wm do I splurge34 bucks.

I don't think it needs to be 14.99 but $24.99 is a great price.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Since AT&T in Massachusetts seems to want to charge an extra $5, I have to pay about $40 for WWE PPVs. Last one I ordered was King Of The Ring.

So yeah. I'm ordering Rumble and WrestleMania this year. That's it.

Guest DarthLordOfWrestling

Wrestling sux. What can i say, but i order some of the paper-views. I was at Surivivor Series but that preety much sucked.

Guest RenegadeX28
I used the black box also but due to stupidity my friend got caught and the fact that all PPV are now on the Digital channels I just find other ways to watch the shows, there is always HOOTERS!

Nothing beats going to HOOTERS which is usually full of marks and when the boring matches are on I could always drink beer and stare at the hostess.

Caught? Don't you go to jail if you get caught with a black box? Maybe it depends what state you live in. I know in NJ (if it still stands), the law is you get jailed for doing this.....

Guest razazteca

it was basically "what's this" and a slap in the hand. The whole town but me had a black box, so the cable company "punished" everybody by moving all preminum and PPV channels to digital subscription service. so now if anybody wants to watch HBO or PPV it will cost about $50 or more.

I think jail time is if you are a distrbutor for the black box or of the flash cards.

Guest Mole

Or you can just order the webcast, which is only $19.95.

Sadly, I can't order Rumble. I bought tickets for Raw on the 13th, so I'd rather go to that than order the Rumble.

I'll be here at Smarks for the results though!

Guest Slapnuts00

I know the prices is ridiculous. When it was 30 dollars I hardly ordered them, what a stupid idea to raise them 5 bucks. I haven't ordered one since No Way Out, otherwise I get a friend with a box to tape it for me or just read the results/watch the matches on the computer. I'm gonna split the Rumble with a friend though. If WWE lowered them to 20 bucks then I'd order them all...

Guest razazteca

the flash cards contain the codes to unlock all channels they work with the black boxes

Guest AndrewisyourHero

When I was little, my parents would order the ppv's. Of course, it was just rumble, wm, and summerslam. And they were $30. Man, I wish for those days..

Guest CanadianChick

I think that they should consider lowering the cost of all the ppv's except for Royal Rumble, WrestleMania, KOTR, Summerslam, and Survivor Series. THey always hype those ppvs as special, so why not lower the cost of the other ppvs?

Guest JMTapes
Since AT&T in Massachusetts seems to want to charge an extra $5, I have to pay about $40 for WWE PPVs. Last one I ordered was King Of The Ring.

When did this start? I'm in North Andover and the last PPV I ordered was Summerslam...are they all $40 now? -Jim

www.jmtapes.com

Guest RedJed

I agree that they should lower the prices of the non-big5 ppvs to probably 25 a piece. Thats easily fair, and considering that nothing special hardly ever happens on them anymore, it's justified.

Hell, I wouldn't even mind if they went back to the IYH route and dropped an hour off the non-big5 ppvs if it meant charging lesser for them. In that case a 2 hour WWE ppv.......charge maybe 20 bucks or even 15. This is something that might work perfect if they get to the point where they can feel confortable doing the brand split with ppvs. Each brand has one of these IYH-like ppvs a month, and then the only ones you have both brands in (and not neccesarily in interpromotional matches) is at the big 5 ppvs.

But if they insist on charging an arm and a leg for these ppvs, what they should do is at least acknowledge the hardcore fanbase by making some discount for fans who end up getting most of their ppvs, like I do. Kind of like a season package of sorts.

Guest Zero_Cool

I have a decision to make regarding WWE PPVs. My brother and I usually skip out to Hooters on PPV nights and catch the shows, but soon we (the parents) are going to buy some DirecTV flashcards, so we get all of the channels, including pr0n, of course.

So, should I stay home and watch the PPVs for free...OR, should I still go to Hooters for the chicken wings, free refills on soda, and hot waitresses?

There's two solutions to this...

1) Cut the PPV prices like you suggested.

or

2) Go back to fewer PPVs. Why do they still do monthly PPVs, since they're not competing with WCW anymore? I never did get that.

Guest Steviekick

I'm all for lowering the amount of PPVs during the year. They seem to be having a hard time creating angles that make sense. Having more than a month to book them would certainly make them seem more important.

The arm wrestling thing btw. HHH and Steiner was stupid; you knew in 2 weeks they'd be fighting at RR. However, that with limited encounters over 2 months would certainly make the feud more interesting, regardless how sucky the actual match would be.

I'm all for lowering the amount of PPVs during the year. They seem to be having a hard time creating angles that make sense. Having more than a month to book them would certainly make them seem more important.

The arm wrestling thing btw. HHH and Steiner was stupid; you knew in 2 weeks they'd be fighting at RR. However, that with limited encounters over 2 months would certainly make the feud more interesting, regardless how sucky the actual match would be.

EXACTLY!

I LOVED the build ups that they would use in the past for PPVs when they were majorly spaced apart.

Like, back in 1994, they did a Summerslam PPV report right after the Bret Hart/Bob Backlund Title match on Superstars

The one where Backlund first snapped.

Guest Nobody in Particular

$35 would be justifiable if WW started broadcasting in high-definition. I would get it in a heartbeat. And there's really no need to cut down on PPVs. They could just alternate each month between Raw and Smackdon-only PPVs. That gives an extra month of buildup and more room for mid-carders. The two rosters could combine in one show for Wrestlemania (for obvious reasons) and Survivor Series (RAW vs SD!, classic rules). But, then again, that would be logical, and we wouldn't want that, would we?

Guest geniusMoment

The deal with a black box is it is legal to own one, it just can't be hooked up to your television. Its a free country and you are allowed to own the box itself, it would be like saying people can't own crow bars because they are used to brake into places.

How did you get caught? The only thing they do here is send a signal through the cable that will short out and ruin your black box forcing you to buy another one, but this is expensive and they only do it once a year. What you do is unplug your black box when you are not using it so the cable company can't short it out.

Guest Brian
2) Go back to fewer PPVs. Why do they still do monthly PPVs, since they're not competing with WCW anymore? I never did get that.

Because you can charge more money for tickets, make pay per view money, and the talent loves the extra pay-off. Plus, habitually they're still in that mind-set of feuds and stories and TV being built around that monthly event. But mainly, money.

Eeeh, that may be well in good....

But I miss the days when it was just the Big 4 (later the Big 5 when King of the Ring became a PPV) were the only PPVs.

Guess I'm old fashioned.

Guest AndrewTS

Keeping prices high in a "down" period is stupid. Markets adjust, and with changing times dropping prices is usually a necessary step to keep up.

It should be common sense to do so. Although I think PPVs for each brand isn't a good idea. Not enough guys to fill 3 hours without crappy matches, and at 2 hours it would be an expensive Raw.

Although, I could just buy the SD PPVs if they did that. As long as the main focus isn't going to be the ghey Dawn, Al, and Torrie angle.

Guest Jobber of the Week

Unfortunately, the pizza place here with the big projection screens doesn't show wrestling.