TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

Oz: Season 6

Guest Black Lushus

Yes, I'll be dissappointed if Bricks doesn't make one last appearance...I'd bet the house we DON'T see Adebisi, instead it will be someone weak like Johnny Basil/Desmond Mobay, but who knows...it was cool seeing Dino, but it just didn't really seem like Dino, maybe it was the hair, i dunno...

Guest Narcoleptic Jumper

I thought Leo was going to kill his attacker. :( I guess I was wrong.

That was definitely a shock. Also, Omar White killed my Idzig? Who saw that coming?

Predictions for the series finale? From the preview, it looks like we will have the final Beecher/Schillinger showdown after all.

Dames

Guest IDrinkRatsMilk

This episode wasn't much. Seemed like just a buildup. Here's my predictions for the series finale.

Querns will come back to warden Oz, and McManus will quit. Beecher kills Schillinger, maybe Keller too, and gets a life sentence, or possibly death. Cyril will be executed after all, and Ryan will try to kill their father. Either one could die, or maybe both. Dr. Nathan will return Ryan's affections in some way before the end. Judging by the preview, it looks like Hoyt knows what happened to Cloutier, so we'll find that out... probably something lame, like they just bricked him up again.

The new guy, can't remember his name, the club guy, will have some kind of big impact (I mean, why else would they introduce him), but I can't quite figure out what. Something with Alvarez, but I still think Alvarez will be pretty much the only regular with a happy ending, so I'm not sure.

Guest converge241

the epsiode felt a little stop-gap-ish so to say

nothing bad but the calm before the storm

the preview for next week looks insane

btw i did a little happydance when omar got his throat slit/i hate him (even though the actor was awesome in that Principal movie!)

Guest nl5xsk1
btw i did a little happydance when omar got his throat slit/i hate him (even though the actor was awesome in that Principal movie!)

Finally, another White hater. I just couldn't stand his character at all. The actor did a good job and all, it was very believable, it just wasnt a character that I liked in the slightest. I'm incredibly stoked that I won't have to sit through any of his scenes next week (knowing my luck, he'll be the guest-narrator)

Guest hardyz1

I predicted Idzig killing White after white refused to kill him and he said something like, 'I have another plan".

Good to see I wasn't crazy and that I did see Querns in the preview for next week.

Leo getting killed wasn't as surprising as Said getting shot.

Hopefully Ryan will kill his father just like he promised he would.

What's with Keller and his triple swerve betrayal?

Damn, I can't wait to see what happens.

:::giddy:::

Guest NoCalMike

Well so far this season, anything that has potential to have a happy ending takes a swerve for the worst. What was the point of the marijuana dude? I mean you'd think the sicilians would have just tried to cut him a better deal, rather than kill him. Oh well, Oz is almost 2 hours next week. It is gonna be on crazy episode.

Guest hardyz1

Pre-finale bump.

Any predictions on what will happen? Who will die?

Only 8 hours away.

Guest EQ

Well, I liked it. What did you guys think?

The only complaint I have is that we never found out whether or not the Governor gets it in the end. I would have liked to know.

Guest IDrinkRatsMilk

It wasn't bad. I found it fitting that Keller not only killed Schillinger, and went out the way he wanted to, but managed to shut down the entire prison in the process. Keller was cool in ways I never really perceived. I'm glad they left a lot of things hanging. Looks like I nailed a good deal of my predictions too. Some were totally off though.

Personally, I was disappointed. They left with too many unopened angles, such as what happens to Alravez, Beecher and O'Reilly. Schillinger's death was done well, but that was probably the only thing I liked about the ending.

Dames

Guest cartman

Well I believe we are lead to believe that Alvarez gave up on trying to change to get out of OZ because there's NO chance of him ever getting out anyways. He gave in to that freakshow Torquemada and started up on the drugs an shit, thus beginning his downward spiral.

O'reilly got back to his initial love relationship with the nurse chick, and somewhat reconciled with his dad.

Beecher is bound to spend the rest of his life in OZ now for murdering Schillinger(unintentionally) and Keller.

Loved the Anthrax ending to sorta touch base with real life and the whole Bio/Terrorism thing.

Guest EQ
They left with too many unopened angles

I think they did this on purpose. I think they wanted it to seem more like a normal episode than a finale. Realistically, everyone's storyarch wouldn't have *completely* wrapped up at the same exact time. Now that I think about it, that's probably why they started their new angles so late in the series.

Tom Fontana said on the HBO Oz Website that he may post an Oz short story from time to time.

Guest T®ITEC

I'm dying to know what Augustus said in the very last narrative. My cable (AT&T SUCKS) cut out for the entire thing.

Guest IDrinkRatsMilk
Beecher is bound to spend the rest of his life in OZ now for murdering Schillinger(unintentionally) and Keller.

He was cleared of the Schillinger murder. Probably right about Keller though.

By the way, in retrospect, I think the line of the series was when Kenneniah says "That mothafucka's dead!" It fit with Schillinger's death so perfectly.

Guest Spaceman Spiff

No Adebisi as a guest narrator? I'm surprised nobody's bitched about that yet.

I did like Robson's conclusion and I was VERY pleased with the fact that they cleared up everything between Hoyt and Cleutier. I knew that he couldn't have just disappeared like that. Father Ray finding the body was just sad...

Timmy Kirk's mom...damn. I had a Mrs. Voorhies type vibe from her from the start.

I guess the one thing that bothers me the most about it is Alvarez's storyline. After Morales was being carted off in the coffin, Alvarez looked at McManus and told him that he didn't want to end up like Morales...leaving Oz in a body bag. I figured it would go either one of two ways...he's paroled or he's killed. Instead, you don't really know what happens to him, except he starts taking D-Tabs. That guy selling them really creeped me out. Sad to see Herrera go out like such a chump.

Dames

Guest RubySoho50

they didn't have any guest narrators either of the last 2 episodes! that was the gimmick of the entire season!

I can't believe Ryan reconciled with his fuck-hole dad. but, knowing him, he's probably got plans in the back of his mind that we'll never find out about.

beecher killing schillinger may have been a bit ball-less, given that everyone wanted it to happen, but one of them had to die (despite oz not tending to follow such rules) and personally i'd prefer to see schillinger die, and it was a nice set up for the beecher/keller thing 4 minutes later

overall, the whole episode seemed lacking in the "shit hitting the fan then flying directly into another fan" factor that i was expecting to be rediculously prominent for the series finale of all episodes. (desensitized from the first 5 seasons) i can forgive that since the show is more character-driven than action-driven. last half hour picked up nicely though.

Sad to see Herrera go out like such a chump.
Who? Guerra? dames you stupid short... j/k :P

Guest NoCalMike

Were they trying to elude that Dr. Nathan & O'Reily boned, or she just kind of held him and comforted him? Oh and Cyril's execution was horrible. The smoking and all...ahhh....When they finally get around to putting out the 6th season of Oz, it will be interesting to see if Fontana shot any alternative endings. When I saw the jar with the white powder, I thought it was gonna get into the ventilation ducts and then everyone was done. Also, I would like to know Fontana's previous ideas on characters before he knew this would be the final season.

I think she just comforted him. The support from everyone in Em City just didn't have that same feeling since it had happened once before.

Oh, that reminds me....nothing happened with Idzig! He got his death sentence overturned and then he screamed NO...and then nothing happened!

Dames

Guest BorneAgain
Oh, that reminds me....nothing happened with Idzig! He got his death sentence overturned and then he screamed NO...and then nothing happened!

Dames

McManus talked to him and tried to convince him to enjoy life and not worry about the end of the universe.

Guest BorneAgain
Yeah, but so what? Said and White died because Idzig needed a pep talk?

Dames

Good point. Why waste both Said and White's deaths on a character like Idzig?

Guest converge241

im chimin in late but i had to watch a tape of it (and avoid all spoilers)

a little flat as an end but i guess i cant think of better ways to end it.. the Beecher'Schillenger finale was anticlimatic but i actually liked that it was different

Miguel kind of overtook the "soul" of OZ from Beecher with his misfortune and following soul-wrenching speech and submittal..

i would have like to see Howe get AIDS..I always hated that douchebag

one resolvement i would have like to seen is Miguel telling Leo before he died (or telling his family) who raped Leos daughter

can I just say i dont like Querns either..i wasnt too happy to see him again

nice to see Jackson Vahue back he was always a favorite (not like he did much but hey I liked him)

The kiss was nifty :)

the anthrax (or whatever) made me roll my eyes when they were like "hey whats this? lets open it"

Im still miffed that HBO re-neged on building a new set..when the explosion happened the actors were all talking about the new set. but HBO didn t want to splurge

whats worse is in the show they said they rebuilt it instead of saying the damage wasnt so bad..cause why would you re-build it to make every little thing look alike..

thats my biggest complaint about OZ the show itself..that was sooo annoying..I have gripes with HBO about not pushing the show enough

(and I always kinda wanted a Sopranos cast member to be sentenced to OZ..AND DONT SAY THEY ARE IN DIFFERENT STATES SO ITS IMPOSSIBLE!! you get jailed where the crime was committed)

Guest EQ

As much as I would LOVE that seeing as how I'm a huge sucker for crossovers (I've been saying for a while that I'd like to see people from other HBO shows get sentenced to Oz), that wouldn't make sense because in the Oz "universe" The Sopranos (as well as all other HBO shows) are actual TV shows. They aren't "real-life". We saw this in the fourth season when the inmates actually got HBO in Oz. So unless they did it like... "Hey... that guy on Sopranos" just got sentneced to life in Oz, it wouldn't make sense. For example, James Gandolfini would end up in Oz, not Tony Soprano.

Also, they never said what state Oz was in. Whether or not, they give a general geographic region, I don't know.