TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chunk

3PW

I recently saw TNA:5. On that show, the Blue Meanie shows up and takes Jasmine St. Claire out of the arena.

Anyway, I was supprised at the meanie, as he seems to have lost a bit of weight, and had a good look about him (perhaps thats just me) :)

Anyway, this got me thinking about his promotion, and how no one ever talks about it in this forum.

So, does anyone have an opinion on 3PW? Whats its like, what is the best show they have produced so far, is it worth getting any tapes (and which ones) etc.

Thanks for any feedback,

ChUnK!

Guest dvkorn

I have seen one show which was Babes, Belts and Blood and it was shit. I most certainly will not be getting anymore.

Guest Youth N Asia

They don't rin bad shows, but they don't run great shows.

It's you basic east coast fed. They have a lot of good talents: York and Matthews, Syxx-Pac, Colt Cabana, CM Punk, Doring, Raodkill, Ace Steel, Devon Storm...they've also used Kevin Sullivan, Abdullah the Butcher, Mr Perfect, Jerry Lawler, and Dusty Rhodes.

Their big thing is Sabu vs Pitbull Gary Wolf...and I just can't get into a Gary Wolf match to save my life.

Guest bob_barron

They're last show was pretty bad I heard- Dusty Rhodes, Truth and Scorpio all no-showed and X-Pac got hurt

Guest Stu Rodgers

I have their first ever show, which I have not watched :bonk:

And I have the show with Sabu vs. X-Pac that everybody raved about, I've only seen that match of that tape, and it was v good, both guys had their working shoes on.

Both shows available to anyone in the UK for £6 each :D

Stu

I have their first ever show, which I have not watched :bonk:

And I have the show with Sabu vs. X-Pac that everybody raved about, I've only seen that match of that tape, and it was v good, both guys had their working shoes on.

Stu

How about selling me both show fors £6, seen as im a fellow Smark forum member :D :D :D

ChUnK!

Guest Sandman9000

They appear to be a decent indy fed. It's run by Blue Boy (a.k.a Blue Meanie minus about 200 pounds) and Jasmin St. Claire. It stands for Pro Pain Pro Wrestling, if anyone was curious.

That being said, I can't see them being successful in the philly area. They don't appear to offer anything special, which CZW, ROH, and (argh) XPW do. I would take CZW and ROH over 3PW anyday of the week. I would take 3PW over XPW, due to my personal hatred of XPW, but that's only my feelings, and I'm sure others feel differently. They don't have any outstanding workers that you can't see elsewhere, and don't cater to the bloodmarks too much. In the ultracompetitive Philly market, if you don't have anyway to stand out, you lose. Add in the rumors that XPW is looking to take 3PW out of commission by stealing away wrestlers, and you've got a promotion in trouble.

If they could get out of Philly, they might stand a chance. However, in the Philly market, I don't see them being successful. Unless Meanie and Jasmin have deeper pockets then anyone knows about, they'll be the first promotion to bow out, most likely before 2003 is over.

Thanks for the post man, helped me out a lot. I thought the meanie had lost weight when I saw him on TNA though, good on hi I say, he looks much better for it.

Out of interest, is Jasmine St Claire his wife, girlfriend or what?

ChUnK!

Guest Stu Rodgers
I have their first ever show, which I have not watched  :bonk:

Stu

How about selling me both show fors £6, seen as im a fellow Smark forum member :D :D :D

ChUnK!

£6 for the 2 is a bit naff mate, I'm all for doing deals (such as cutting costs to £6 per tape) but I cant do em for that much, 2 shows for £6.

Stu

Guest subliminal_animal

Has Meanie gotten even more slim than he was during his run as the Blue Boy in the final days of ECW, or is he about the same?

Jasmin and Meanie are married.

As for 3PW shows, the indy reviewer at PWTorch.com (Chad Murphy is the name, I think) did fairly detailed reviews for about 3 or 4 of their shows. I don't know if there's an archive, but I'm sure he can send them to you if you e-mail him.

It's you basic east coast fed. They have a lot of good talents: York and Matthews, Syxx-Pac, Colt Cabana, CM Punk, Doring, Raodkill, Ace Steel, Devon Storm...they've also used Kevin Sullivan, Abdullah the Butcher, Mr Perfect, Jerry Lawler, and Dusty Rhodes.

Is Christian York even in 3PW anymore? He seems to have dropped off the face of the planet to let Joey Matthews go solo.

And speaking of Matthews, I think he's an XPW exclusive now (as I think all of XPW's guys are).

Finally, why does Lawler get to wrestle indy shows? I've been wondering this for a while now.

£6 for the 2 is a bit naff mate, I'm all for doing deals (such as cutting costs to £6 per tape) but I cant do em for that much, 2 shows for £6.

I know, I know. But what can I say, im a poor student with no money and a wrestling addiction. Help a guy out here :)

Thanks for the tip animal, ill check out the site :)

ChUnK!

Guest converge241

I havent seen any shows, but to me they seem in the middle to speak

as someone else pointed out, not bad but not great

plus they seem to really be the odd man out in the Philly wars with ROH, XPW, CZW

i wouldnt want to get invested/interested in them if they just fail..there cant be that much money behind them..they seem like they would be better off merging with one of the other aforementioned promotions

Guest Youth N Asia

Lawler does indy shows pretty steady actually. And he's made a verbal commitment to work the Yukon Braxton memorial show, Rhyno too.

I think Meanie worries about having spots for his buddies too much, Gary Wolf? Hack Myers? Why bother.