TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest hardyz1

2003 Grammy nominations

Guest hardyz1

2003 Nominations

I patiently await the well deserved flaming from the metal heads regarding who was nominated for Best Metal performance.

On the plus side: Aerials and No One Knows are nominated for Hard Rock Performance.

Guest Youth N Asia

I love how they add Eminem and Nelly to record of the year to try and make it seem like they know what popular music is.

Bowling for Soup??? Best pop song??? It's an alright song...but damn

Guest Shawn 5

Whoo-hoo, Slipknot & Stone Sour both nominated for Best Metal Performance. Corey Taylor truely is GOD!! :headbang:

Guest redbaron51

Queens of the Stone Age got a nod as well...

Best Metal Peformance???

Shadows Fall

and why does prog get left out??

Guest starvenger

Lots of love for Norah Jones, although oddly enough no nomination for Best Jazz Vocal Album. I mean I suppose that she's more pop than jazz, but still...

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

The nominees are pretty poor, even for the Grammys. Petey Pablo? Pick a rapper with some hits, dammit!

I will not be caring about this year, as usual.

Guest IDrinkRatsMilk

It's too bad there aren't really any dominant pop stars anymore. I miss the days when Michael Jackson could walk out of the Grammys with 10 or 15 awards.

Guest The Metal Maniac

This annoys me every year...if you're don't have anyone on the committee who knows what metal is, and they obviously don't, then don't make asses out of yourselves by pretending that you know what you're talking about. They have NO idea, none.

And how much time does a band have to get nominated? I mean, fuck, How You Remind Me came out in like, 2001.

Guest The Hamburglar

Shit, I swear Craig David's first album has been out since early 2000 and he's still getting nominated for it. Unbelievable. Daniel Bedingfield has been nominated for a Grammy...fucking hell. Lavigne, Nelly, total lack of any of the good guitar bands this year. I didn't realise the Grammys were that ghey.

Guest spiny norman

Look at the nominees for Best Music Video. Bloody hell, where's Kylie Minogue's Come Into My World? That is easily the best film clip from this year.

The Grammies are so terrible. Why do they have no idea what people want.

Guest redbaron51

well they want to target the teen audience, so they throw those bands so they can get some ratings!!!

Lets hope that Bruce wins a lot of grammies

Guest Respect The 'Taker
Field 4 - Rock Category 19 - Best Rock Instrumental Performance (For solo, duo, group or collaborative performances, without vocals. Includes Rock, Hard Rock and Metal. Singles or Tracks only.)

Approaching Pavonis Mons By Balloon (Utopia Planitia)

The Flaming Lips

Track from: Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots

[Warner Bros. Records]

Sco-Mule

Gov't Mule

Track from: The Deep End Volume 1

[ATO Records]

Apollo

Tony Levin

Track from: Pieces Of The Sun

[Narada]

Starry Night

Joe Satriani

Track from: Strange Beautiful Music

[Epic Records]

Love Theme From The Godfather

Slash

Track from: The Kid Stays In The Picture (Jeff Danna)

[Milan Records]

Wohoo, Slash got a nomination!

Guest ant_7000

Do the judges no shit about music? The Rap Category is fucked up, Eminem gets it by a landslide his only competition is Ludacris from rap fans point of view. But the judges point of view it will come down to Em and Nelly. They must drew names out of a hat or some shit because how in fuck Petey Pablo and Mystikal get a nomination and Scarface, Jay-Z, and Nas (He did get nominated for a rap single) didn't? Thats rappers don't even bother to show up to these bullshit awards. R&B wise im glad Ralphel Sadiqq got 5 nominations thou he is very underrated.

Guest Kotzenjunge

Kylie - Totally IGNORED in the Pop arena. Fucking bullshit, sez I. At least she got a nomination for Dance song, but will probably lose to some infinitely less worthy person (I didn't bother reading her competition). Okay, I read the competition, and they are decent nominees to be sure (although "Hella Good" is NOT a dance song), but Kylie is just SO much better than all of them. Still, that she didn't get a single Pop nomination gets my goat to no end. Their nominees for Pop album are bull, with the exception of Norah Jones.

I'm VERY glad that "My Culture" by One Giant Leap's video was nominated for Short Form Music Video. It's a tremendous video. It has Robbie Williams in it as well, and he's superb as usual.

Notice how Dance was one field, and was only one category, that being single SONG? Where the hell is the techno? It's music too, you know. You let New Age get in there, why not Techno? I HATE that.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Well, I'm not going to look at the metal nominees because I know they're stupid already and Corey Taylor is involved with two of the bands.

The award should go to Nile...

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I guess we can officially refer to Sk8ter Boy as a Grammy nominated rock song now.

Guest NoCalMike

Instead of a Grammy-hand picked committee, that no one know who it consists of, there should be a group of experts in each field of music, and they get together and select the nominees for their respective genres.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Yeah, but then pop music would be generally ignored, which would piss off fans and record labels.

Guest NoCalMike

Well the Grammys should not be a popularity contest. Leave that to the Billboards which awards are strictly given to the best sellers.

Guest KingOfOldSchool

As always, total crap, especially in the Metal category, with the big glaring nomination being POD.

Guest starvenger

You know, I just noticed this, but Remy Shand got 4 nominations (all in R&B categories), which leads me to ask: have a lot of Americans even HEARD of Remy Shand? I'm guessing that much of this board hasn't but I don't think he's mainstream, so... what gives?

Guest Still Fly

Why rappers like Nelly and Petey Pablo are nominated for Grammys is simple. Crossover and mainstream apeall. Unfortunaltely Jay-Z and Nas dont really have that in there corner. Face it, a LOT of people like Nelly more than Nas or Jay-Z. Rappers like Nelly are non-threating in that sort of way .If thats the way it is then fine who cares? Its a stupid award it doesnt mean anything. Its not anything to get worked up at night. Im sure some rappers dont evn give tow shits about getting nominated. While im not a big Nelly fan (he does make good party music and feel good songs if your not feeling serous at the moment) I can see why he would get nominated for Grammys and not Jay-Z.

Guest EricMM

Well I'm sure that no one will care about these Grammys, just like no one ever does. The list reaffirms my faith that no comittee, ever, for any awards shows, ever, knows what it's talking about.

I could rant about the Grammys but I feel that I'm preaching to the choir. I'm sure no one on this message board is out of touch with popular music enough to think that anything on that list is correct. Clearly if Sk8ter Boi wins best rock song SOMEONE has to pay...

Guest converge241

why is every year dubbed "the year of the woman" after the grammy nominees in the media?

I hate that

Guest Lethargic

Since when is there a FEMALE RAP category? Like there isn't enough rap through out the whole damn show, they give it another categor all to it's self.

Guest The Hamburglar
Why rappers like Nelly and Petey Pablo are nominated for Grammys is simple. Crossover and mainstream apeall. Unfortunaltely Jay-Z and Nas dont really have that in there corner. Face it, a LOT of people like Nelly more than Nas or Jay-Z. Rappers like Nelly are non-threating in that sort of way .If thats the way it is then fine who cares? Its a stupid award it doesnt mean anything. Its not anything to get worked up at night. Im sure some rappers dont evn give tow shits about getting nominated. While im not a big Nelly fan (he does make good party music and feel good songs if your not feeling serous at the moment) I can see why he would get nominated for Grammys and not Jay-Z.

Funny, I was under the impression that Jay-Z was insanely popular, especially in the US. He's certainly pretty close to the mainstream.

Guest ant_7000

Jay-z is popular both in mainstream and the streets and already won a Grammy (Eventhough he boycotted the grammy's that year). He should got a nomination for "Blueprint". As for Petey Pablo and Mystikal getting nominations is beyond me considering both albums were garbage to me compared to Scarface's and Nas's albums. But, anyway most rappers don't show up to the Grammy's accept the ones that are nominated for album of the year (maybe). I could care less anyway about Grammy's thats why we have our own award shows like Soul Train and The Source (eventhough that might not last).