TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Mighty Damaramu

You know what's sad?

Guest The Mighty Damaramu

You know what's sad? I believe the Dawn/Al storyline is the longest running in the WWE currently. That's just sad.

I mean and it's not like it's a well thought out angle. It seems like each week of it is written on the fly. They never seem to be going anywhere with it. And it's not like it leads to an actual good match.

It truly is the "angle that will never die!".

Guest NoCalMike

Everytime you think this storyline is gonna end due to the fact that it couldn't get ANY WORSE....it does just that......hmmph

Guest Downhome

It should be against the law to evern mention that angle on this board in my opinion, you should now be beaten!

The saddest part of it, is that it's still not over yet. I'm begining to think that Taker will come to raise Al from the dead to make him his high priest manager or something.

Guest Will Scarlet

I hate to see where this angle is going next. At least I found entertainment when it had Al Wilson in it. I am not sure I can take Torrie and Dawn Marie trying to carry it. Even I have my limits.

Guest Downhome
I hate to see where this angle is going next. At least I found entertainment when it had Al Wilson in it. I am not sure I can take Torrie and Dawn Marie trying to carry it. Even I have my limits.

So in other words, you enjoyed Al Wilson's erection?

Guest Will Scarlet

Al just had this strange "so bad, he's good" charisma to him. I cannot say the same about the other two. They were just well...terrible.

Hey, maybe, they will have Al's ghost pop up during the match and demand that Torrie and Dawn give up their feud, then they go off, hold hands, and sing Kumbayah. They then become bestest friends so that they can honour the memory of the legend that was Al Wilson!

Guest Raven_Effect01

Actually, the McMahon-Helmsley Era was the longest-running angle in WWE, and I think we all know where THAT lead to when they kept dragging it out for a few years until they finally ended it in early 2002.

Guest NoSelfWorth
Actually, the McMahon-Helmsley Era was the longest-running angle in WWE, and I think we all know where THAT lead to when they kept dragging it out for a few years until they finally ended it in early 2002.

He said the Al/Dawn angle was the longest running current angle.

Guest gangsteruwa

For some reason I get the feeling that the next step in the angle will be Al Wilson leaving all his possessions to Dawn Marie, and Torrie will try to fight it. It's such a stereotypical storyline. I really hate this Soap Opera bullshit.

Guest Choken One

Huh? They are killing off Al Wilson?

Have they ever done that in Wrestling? Kill a active member (storyline wise, I mean)?

Guest papacita
Huh? They are killing off Al Wilson?

Have they ever done that in Wrestling? Kill a active member (storyline wise, I mean)?

Pepper...

Anyway, Dawn said he had a pulse while they were taking him out, so I doubt they're killing him off.

Guest cabbageboy

Actually the McMahon-Helmsley Era to my way of thinking was killed off at KOTR 2000. That is where things sorta fell apart for that angle, since the Rock won the title when Vince screwed up. Sure after that you still had the "married" couple of HHH and Steph but I'd hardly call it an era.

I can't explain why but this Al/Dawn stuff is entertaining in a trashy sort of way...that said I can't help but wonder where (if anywhere) this is all going?

Guest humongous2002

This angle has no payoff and it's going nowhere, this is Vince's personal sick joke.

Guest Si82
This angle has no payoff and it's going nowhere, this is Vince's personal sick joke.

My thoughts exactly.

I am sick of having to sit through these bloody awful segments on Smackdown each week. Thank God they "killed" Al off. This story line has gone on for months and it ends with Al being "killed" and Torrie probably beating Dawn at Royal Rumble. What is the fucking point?

Guest Youth N Asia

This angle is tasteless and fucking retarded.

They could really strike the wrong cord of let's say a view found a family member the same way, and Vince is using the same thing for a goddamn angle.

Tasteless could work if it was at least entertaining. This is the stupidest angle they've worked maybe ever.

Fuck you Vince, ya cocksucker

Guest evilhomer
Al just had this strange "so bad, he's good" charisma to him.

Al can't even get that right. I have some kind of brain damage that causes me to be entranced by the worst of movies and acting. I'll sit through the worst of them because it either just has to get better, or I just have to see what the point of the entire thing. Even I can't watch Al for more than .1 seconds before I'm reaching for the remote. I suppose I've seen worse actors, but Al is just a total package - bad to look at, bad to listen to, bad timing, bad reading, bad facial expressions...

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

What's funny is that Torrie has beaten Dawn so many times that it's pretty fucking meaningless when she beats her again...

Guest evilhomer

When has there ever been a meaningful match between two competitors who have no appeal beyond eye candy?

Guest mickberna
Thank God they "killed" Al off. This story line has gone on for months and it ends with Al being "killed" and Torrie probably beating Dawn at Royal Rumble. What is the fucking point?

Al wasn't killed off. He "had a pulse" at the end of the last segment on SD. So expect to see cheesy scenes from a hospital room where Dawn Marie goes after hot lesbo nurses while Al suffers. And expect a heee-larious bedpan joke.

Clarifying once again...

AL WILSON (the character) ISN'T DEAD. And neither is the angle. SIGH...

Guest AndrewTS

evilhomer: I assume you're a fellow MST3K fan, then. Of course, a lot of those kinda movies I can't stomach without the Brains, but stuff like Ed Wood's movies, Santa Claus Conquers the Martians, and like that I can deal with.

Although it would be funny to imagine all the takes they'd have to do because Al as a corpse would keep screwing up like sneezing and blinking.

I assume he just had a hart attack or something.

Guest Vyce

As bad as this angle is, if the climax to the whole mess is the Bossman dragging away the corpse of Al Wilson through the cemetery while Torrie clings to the casket, than I will gladly forgive them for wasting my time these past few weeks.

Guest netslob
I have some kind of brain damage that causes me to be entranced by the worst of movies and acting. I'll sit through the worst of them because it either just has to get better, or I just have to see what the point of the entire thing.

yeah, i've got the same condition. watching "Manos: the Hands of Fate" 34 times will do that to you.

Guest Choken One
When has there ever been a meaningful match between two competitors who have no appeal beyond eye candy?

Stephanie and Trish.

Guest Hogan Made Wrestling

I marked for Al's leisure suit, otherwise I have hated this storyline.

Guest EternallyLazy

The true sad thing about this angle... is that I think the acting between Dawn/Al/Torrie is on par with Edward D Wood Jr's Plan 9 From Outer Space... largely considered the worst film ever made (although strangely entertaining because of that fact)

Guest EternallyLazy

Stephanie and Trish.

Trish has appeal other than eye candy... she's pretty good in the ring

and that match between Stephanie and Trish was also surprisingly good