TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chunk

The first ever ROH top 5 rankings

Ring Of Honor will now introduce a top five rankings to make it clear who the main challengers for the ROH title are. With ROH's deep talent roster it will be prestigious and an accomplishment just to make the top five. There will be a new top five after every show. Here is the first top five

#1 (Normally this goes to the #1 Contender's Trophy holder, but that is vacant now) - three-way tie:

-Low Ki

He made the ROH champion Xavier tap out in a tag match on 1/11 in Pittsburgh

-Paul London

Almost beat Xavier at Final Battle 2002 and won the show stealer four-way on 1/11.

-AJ Styles

Might have defeated Xavier in less than a minute if Simply Luscious had not interfered.

Samoa Joe

Defeated Bryan Danielson in a brutal strong style match on 1/11.

Steve Corino

Wrestled to a 45 minute draw in the 12/28 #1 contender's trophy match.

Seems a bit weak to go with a 3 way tie, but the choices seem fair enough, based on what I heard about the last show.

How has Steve Corino been preforming in ROH? Ive only seen early stuff where he does commentry (pretty well IMO).

ChUnK!

Guest DeputyHawk

laaame.

the three-way rankings tie, not corino's work, which is pretty good.

Also, didnt they say that it was purely going to be based on the last show? If so, why do they mention othe shows in the reasons behind the ratings choices.

ChUnK!

Guest Lightning Flik
Also, didnt they say that it was purely going to be based on the last show? If so, why do they mention othe shows in the reasons behind the ratings choices.

ChUnK!

Think they are only mentioning the other matches, as this is the first rankings, and need something to back it up by...

Still doesn't make much sense to me either.

ChUnK!

Think they are only mentioning the other matches, as this is the first rankings, and need something to back it up by...

Still doesn't make much sense to me either.

Yeah, I guess that can e the only reason behind it. I was expecting more of a bigger thing to be made out of this. Oh well :)

ChUnK!

Guest subliminal_animal

Isn't there going to be a Low-Ki/London/Styles three-way at the next show? I think that was announced, which would be the reason for the tie.

Isn't there going to be a Low-Ki/London/Styles three-way at the next show? I think that was announced, which would be the reason for the tie.

Oh ok, that doesnt make it so bad actually then. And that match sounds awesome. Is that the 1st anniversary show?

ChUnK!

Guest converge241

even with the tie nonsense im glad they are actually doing rankings and trying to put some weight behind them

even with the tie nonsense im glad they are actually doing rankings and trying to put some weight behind them

I agree. I think its a good way to distinguish main event guys from the mid card guys. At least in theory.

ChUnK!