TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Zack Malibu

No TNA thread tonight?

Guest Zack Malibu

Since I haven't been getting out of work until about 8 or slightly past lately, it's been up to my uncle to tape TNA for me, which means it's another day or so until I see it. So I come to TSM for play by play, and there's none? bps, Bif, where are you guys?!?!?!

Guest RedJed

I haven't seen BPS around for weeks.......weird.

Show just got done and WOW, I'm overwhelmed with everything that happened tonight!

Surprise appearances by Zbyzsko (who wrestles Styles next week), Konnan (not sure what the plan is with him, but he beat the fuck out of Young and Cross), and then motherfucking Nikita Koloff!!!!

I'll post full thoughts later, it was certainly a pretty strong show though if you ask me. Lots of talking this week, but it all had purpose so I didn't mind it at all.

Guest Zack Malibu

NIKITA KOLOFF?

As a wrestler, or cutting a promo? I assume he's on the "tradition" side of things, but holy shit that one came out of nowhere!

Konnan I assume would wind up with Russo. He's not favored by the Ring Of Honor crowd, many of which are TNA fans as well.

Zbysko vs. Styles? Talk about a real styles clash.

Guest Downhome

I didn't see this, but I must take my time to say...

NI-KI-TA, NI-KI-TA, NI-KI-TA, NI-KI-TA, NI-KI-TA, NI-KI-TA!!!!!!!

Guest RedJed

Koloff actually came out as Mr. Wrestling IV (who showed up in a pickup earlier in the show) and ended up siding with Russo's side at the end of the show when he attacked Dusty Rhodes (its hard explaining all this without a post on like a full recap of the show). Anyway the main event wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be with the different types of wrestling styles on the opposite corners, thats for sure. Seeing Rhodes and the Road Warriors teaming up again brought back so many cool memories for me. And then when Koloff came out, I thought I was trippin seeing all of this old NWA alumni in one right at the same time, and with Russo of all people in the middle of the damn thing.

When thinking about this some more, I could see Konnan actually joining the New Church and playing a role way more suited for him which works, just a sick fuck that is out of control. From what I've read he's gotten great heat in this role down in the Puerto Rico area lately. The NC faction seems to be a group that if you put a guy that nobody gives a fuck about (such as Lee, Slash the former Wolfie D, and of course the Wall aka Malice) somehow it just clicks with Mitchell.

Guest Raven_Effect01

I actually thought this week's show was nothing special. Too much talking, not enough wrestling, and a bunch of over-the-hill bastards like Dusty Rhodes, LOD, Zbysko, and Koloff taking up time.

Guest Slapnuts00

Didn't order the show tonight for the first time in a while. Needed money for the Rumble and the last couple Russo heavy shows haven't had a good impression on me. I too am waiting for full results, but doesn't sound like I made a bad choice. Lots of talking? That's not what I had been paying 10 bucks for I want ACTION. Larry Zybysko? Nikita Koloff? Dusty Rhodes? Good lord...

Guest Raven_Effect01

Oh, and BTW, Styles vs. Larry Zbysko is next week, and Piper babbles on and on again. Great. :rolleyes:

Guest snuffbox

Jesus Christ...Styles v Larryland is guranteed dud/- stars....if it goes any higher, Styles will become a wrestling diety in my eyes. Not that Ill be watching any of this of course.

Guest eirejmcmahon
Larry Zybysko? Nikita Koloff? Dusty Rhodes? Good lord...

Says it all really.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

I got nothing against the old-timers coming in to give "the rub" to the younger crowd, or even to make an angle seem more important. Hence why I don't mind Dusty Rhodes or LOD coming in, since they were big players in the NWA in the 80's, and are still recognizable names to most wrestling fans.

But Zbysko? He's a bitter old fuck, and never has been anything more. I can't say I've seen much Nikita Koloff, being only 16, but it doesn't appear as though he'll be much better.

On the other hand, I fell asleep at about 9:15 and didn't wake up until nearly 9:52, so I missed most of the 2nd hour. The damn first hour put me to sleep...

But I dug Dusty's promo, and the Russo interview, and the SEX promo at the beginning.

ONLY AWFUL PART I SAW ALL NIGHT:

April Hunter vs. Miss Desire

The only redeeming quality of this match, aside from the relative hotness of both women involved, was that swank top-rope 'rana Desire gave April. I actually thought that was a better 'rana off the top than most people give, because it looked fluid while also appearing a little stiff.

Guest nikowwf

Shocking...more Russo...less fan interest. I have never seen that happen before.

niko

Guest RedJed
Shocking...more Russo...less fan interest. I have never seen that happen before.

niko

Actually they have had to turn away hundreds at the door in the past few weeks, but that may be more just because whoever is giving out the freebies and promotion is doing a better job than before, I'm not sure.

I'm in the same boat as Corey in that I am digging most of this stuff just because they are actually using the oldschool NWA players in roles here, and it adds more realism to the angle. I can understand how alot of the stuff sounds bad on paper, but if you did follow the NWA back in the day, I think it would be more interesting to a person. With that said, I can understand how people here immediately piss on the product right now.

To his credit, Larry Z did a hell of a promo last night and I'm actually looking forward to that match next week. He held his own in that match with Bischoff and actually made it entertaining, so Styles should be able to get someting decent out of this.

Another part of the show last night I forgot to mention was the beginning where Tenay moreless made Russo legitimately out to be totally out of touch with the actual wrestling business and a complete mark for his own work by really calling him out on certain questions that he had to walk around or just get really defensive about. He still to this day doesn't think he did anything wrong with the Arquette thing, just because they got exposure in the USA Today........ugh. But anyway it was funny to see Tenay really make him out to be a flash in the pan.

Guest RedJed
ONLY AWFUL PART I SAW ALL NIGHT:

April Hunter vs. Miss Desire

The only redeeming quality of this match, aside from the relative hotness of both women involved, was that swank top-rope 'rana Desire gave April. I actually thought that was a better 'rana off the top than most people give, because it looked fluid while also appearing a little stiff.

I agree that was the low point of the show, the only real benefit to that match was the thong shots from Desire and the miscommunication with her and Athena at the end there. It made no sense that Athena refused to cooperate with being totally stripped since I swear her pants were preripped on the sides to make it easier for Desire to rip them off.

Guest oldschoolwrestling
Another part of the show last night I forgot to mention was the beginning where Tenay moreless made Russo legitimately out to be totally out of touch with the actual wrestling business and a complete mark for his own work by really calling him out on certain questions that he had to walk around or just get really defensive about. He still to this day doesn't think he did anything wrong with the Arquette thing, just because they got exposure in the USA Today........ugh. But anyway it was funny to see Tenay really make him out to be a flash in the pan.

I hate Russo and the things he stands for, but he got in a few jabs on Tenay as well.

Guest nikowwf

No one on this board bothered to make a thread. That says something. Same with the Raw board...remember when they used to get 1,200 posts on a show? Now they get a couple of hundred....

its a good barameter of interest most of the time..

niko

Guest J*ingus
It made no sense that Athena refused to cooperate with being totally stripped since I swear her pants were preripped on the sides to make it easier for Desire to rip them off.

Nope, Athena wasn't supposed to get her pants ripped off, Siaki just supposedly told Desire to do it, for unknown reasons.

Guest dreamer420
It made no sense that Athena refused to cooperate with being totally stripped since I swear her pants were preripped on the sides to make it easier for Desire to rip them off.

Nope, Athena wasn't supposed to get her pants ripped off, Siaki just supposedly told Desire to do it, for unknown reasons.

I guess Siaki wanted to create a little HLA on his own. Desire has done nothing to impress me yet except look hot. Her match with April Hunter was embarassing and I'd rather see Desire stick to managing the SEX guys.