TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chunk

FWA sign agreement with XPW!

FWA ANNOUNCES WORKING RELATIONSHIP WITH AMERICA'S XPW INCLUDING CREATION OF A XPW EUROPEAN TITLE.

Frontier Wrestling Alliance is proud to announce that we have entered into a working relationship with America's Xtreme Pro Wrestling. XPW is the US indy scene's fastest growing independent promotion and home to some of the most well known and respected US indy talent including Supercrazy, Kaos, Juventud Guerrera and XPW Champion Shane Douglas. XPW is also the US home for FWA stars, Jerry Lynn, Jonny Storm and

Zebra Kid. With our new relationship, fans can expect to see an even larger number of American stars crossing the pond in an attempt to prove themselves in the FWA. Likewise, US fans can expect to see a number of FWA wrestlers making their foreign debuts.

The flagship of this working relationship will be the XPW European Title created in association with the FWA. The title will be defended throughout Europe including defenses in Ireland and Germany, however the title's primary home will be in the FWA.

XPW and the FWA will be holding a joint 8 Man Single Elimination Tournament to crown the first champion. FWA will hold their two first-round matches on

Saturday, February 8, in London at their FWA New Frontiers 4th anniversary show at the Walthamstow Assembly Hall, as Zebra Kid battles Robbie Brookside and Jonny Storm takes on Juventud Guerrera. XPW will present their half of the tournament in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania at the prestigious Viking Hall, with two first-round matches taking place on Friday night, February 14, and the semi-final bout taking place the following night as part of XPW's MY BLOODY VALENTINE weekend. The FWA leg semi-final and the tournament finals will be held on Sunday, March 16, on the FWA's card at the Broxbourne Civic Hall in Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire where the first XPW European Champion will be crowned. Fans in both countries will be able to watch all of the tournament matches on their respective television programmes and videos. In additionthe title matches on FWA shows will be broadcast on XPW's weekly TV show.

FWA dignitaries are expected to attend XPW's My Bloody Valentine weekend where an official contract signing will take place and the world's first true European title will be born.

Hmmm, I dont know what to make of this. Had it been any promotion other than XPW, I would be thrilled.

I think it must be a step in the right direction for the FWA, but why did it have to be XPW?

At least it will mean exposure for the FWA and FWA talent in the UK, but I cant help think how much more I would like to have seen ROH or CZW talent instead of XPW.

How long will it be before Rob Black trys to sign FWA guys to exclusive XPW contracts?

I guess we'll just have to wait and see how this pans out.

ChUnK!

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Looks like FWA workers will now probably not be welcomed to do US tours with non-XPW feds.

Looks like FWA workers will now probably not be welcomed to do US tours with non-XPW feds.

Thats the other problem isnt it. I cant help but think they might be putting all their eggs in one basket with this.

The other thing is that the FWA doesnt work the ultraviolent or hardcore angle very much at all. Im not sure how much of a draw that style would be with existing FWA fans.

ChUnK!

Guest DeputyHawk

this is a horrible, horrible development. no way you are going to see jody fleisch or johnny storm in czw anymore, even fleisch and doug williams appearing for roh is probably in jeapordy. this is just ... awful. i really don't like xpw, the product and especially the way they run their business. bigtime bad move.

EDIT: DAMN chunk, keep nikita in your sig forever, man. she's a major step up from girls a-fucking-loud!

this is a horrible, horrible development. no way you are going to see jody fleisch or johnny storm in czw anymore, even fleisch and doug williams appearing for roh is probably in jeapordy. this is just ... awful. i really don't like xpw, the product and especially the way they run their business. bigtime bad move.

That post got me well depressed. I never thought about Fleisch in CZW. I hope that Doug has done enough in ROH to keep them booking him on shows.

The only good to come of it is that we will see some good US talent in the FWA. Or should I say, some more good US talent in the FWA.

They say that any publicity is good publicity, but the way that XPW is percieved in the US, this cant be doing much for the FWA's reutation.

DAMN chunk, keep nikita in your sig forever, man.  she's a major step up from girls a-fucking-loud!
Hey, those girls aloud pictures were good to lol :D I know waht you mean about Nikita though. Stay tuned on that front! Big developments ahead. XPW of not, shes reason enough to go to any FWA show :)

ChUnK!

Guest Sandman9000

I know Fleisch has turned XPW down before, and I would imagine that Williams has as well, if XPW has even contacted him. Williams and XPW doesn't seem like a good fit.

As for the broad in Chunk's sig, keep her the FUCK away from XPW.

How much of a problem do you think this will be for Storm, Fliesch and Williams. Its not like theyve done a Justice Pain and said screw you CZW. Surely ROH and CZW will take into account the fact that the choice was out of thier hands.

So saying, if they appear on XPW TV then surely that will be enough for ROH and CZW to reconsider booking them again.

This really is turning out to be quite the selfish move on the part of the FWA. I never thought I would say that. But by signing with XPW, they could have seriously harmed the careers of their top 3 workers.

I just hope that Fleisch, Storm and Williams dont leave the FWA in favour of ROH, CZW and other smaller UK based promotions. As much as I would hat e to see them do that, I dont think I could blame them for it.

As for the broad in Chunk's sig, keep her the FUCK away from XPW.

I wonder what Rob Black has got planned for her? :( Lets hope the new title is for males only.

ChUnK!

Guest dreamer420

XPW really seems to be trying to get themselves into a higher position in the wrestling industry by signing lots of wrestlers, getting their own exclusive arena, and now this deal with FWA. I can't say I am excited about the deal as it will take talent away from other indy promotions in the US. Seriously, who thinks a fucking Europeon title is a good idea.

XPW really seems to be trying to get themselves into a higher position in the wrestling industry by signing lots of wrestlers, getting their own exclusive arena, and now this deal with FWA. I can't say I am excited about the deal as it will take talent away from other indy promotions in the US. Seriously, who thinks a fucking Europeon title is a good idea.

I think its a great idea in theory. It gets exposure for both promotions and both sets of workers. It will also open up a new market for each promotions merchandise range. On top of all that, you get to see matches that you wouldnt usually be able to see. The English guys get a break in the US, and the US guys get to visit the UK and get treated like Gods. (US Talent always do in the UK - at least in my experience).

The only thing is, that its XPW. Which kind of screws it all up. FWA get a negative image in the US, and many of their workers get screwed over as far as thier careers in the US are concerned.

ChUnK!

Im more bothered about not seeing him in ROH again. If he can work for XPW AND ROH then im not THAT bothered. Its ot ideal, but I cant help but feel if he works for XPW he wont be welcome with ROH anymore.

ChUnK!

Doug Williams has been booked for the 3/22 ROH show in Philly.

:D

When was that booking made though. The XPW announcement has only just been made.

ChUnK!

Guest ChaosTheory
When was that booking made though. The XPW announcement has only just been made.

It says so on Doug Williams website (which is dougwilliams.co.uk-although I am sure you know that) and also an "inside" source stated it on ROH fansite.

Guest ChaosTheory

Isn't Christopher Daniels the FWA Champion? Could be an issue for ROH since XPW/FWA are working together. Look for Daniels to drop the belt pretty quickly if he is still champ (as their website says).

Guest ulfistgut

The way the tournament is being booked wrestlers like Jodie Fleisch and Doug Williams appear to have been kept out of it (allthough circumstances have caused this partly)

The FWA have been saying that a 2nd international deal will be announced that will win back any fans annoyed with the XPW connection.

A possible ROH deal could happen (it's been hinted at) and my guess is that as long as the two deals are being kept seperate within the promotions (e.g guys who are being booked by ROH and CZW don't go into the XPW Euro title scene) that everything is OKed by the promotions.

I can't see FWA forcing Fleisch and Williams to break off their RoH ties due to the XPW deal so I assume they will simply be kept apart from the XPW thing and used elsewhere (possibly in combination with the second deal)

This is all speculation but it seems plausible to me as the FWA released a list of people they wanted to bring over which included guys like Red and American Dragon, they also said they wanted Styles (and Lynn but that doesn't concern this point) over as semi regulars. If the XPW deal jepordised this then I guess it possibly could have been cancelled so my opinion is that the FWA will be slightly divided by who wrestles in what area.

Just a thought

Guest Andy
Isn't Christopher Daniels the FWA Champion? Could be an issue for ROH since XPW/FWA are working together. Look for Daniels to drop the belt pretty quickly if he is still champ (as their website says).

Yes, Chris Daniels has been champ since October or November. I always imagined he would drop it in his first defence anyway.

I'm no XPW fan, but I'll be interested to see how it pans out.

Cheers,

Andy

A deal with ROH would be awesome on many levels. First of all, we would get the ROH talent over here, we would also have the positive exposure in the US, and it would solve all the problems that the XPW deal has caused.

I can only hope that the rumours are true.

Chris Daniels is the champ yes, but dont think that much can be read into that. He hasnt been able to make one title defence yet, so if any hassle does arrive, then I reckon he will just drop it straight away. So saying, if it gets that bad, I can see him just giving the title up and the FWA making it vacant again!

They kind of shot themselves in the foot makinf Daniels champ, and have limited what they can do. They cant make the belt vacant AGAIN! (unless the really have to) and Daniels hasnt been able to show for any defences.

It really seems to me that the XPW deal has caused more harm than good. And although an ROH dealwould be awesome, if the philly wars really kick off, is any sort of link with XPW going to cause trouble with ROH, and vice versa? We'll just have to wait and see.

At least us Brits have some quality US talent to look forward to in the mean time.

ChUnK!

Guest RickyB

I don't understand how u get that idea. Jerry Lynn works 4 XPW/NWATNA and a whole host of other indys. Wrestlers don't get blackballed from every American promotion just because they work XPW dates. They probably won't work for CZW anymore, but... so what? CZW is just as bad as XPW anyway (in Wrestling style, not ethically). I'm sure that ROH won't blackball Fleisch, Storm & Williams just because of the whole XPW thing, as it was out of their hands.

Corey is probably refering to CZW and ROH as "other US indy feds". And thats fair enough as they are the two biggest indy promotions next to XPW.

How many wrestlers can you name that currently work for XPW AND ROH/CZW?

Therefore, if you wrestle for XPW, the chances of you wrestling for one of the other major indy promotions is slim. Add to that the fact that Fleisch, Storm and Williams are from the UK, and where starting to break into CZW and ROH. It is highly unlikely that other small time promotions will have the money to fly these three guys over to the states, and so there careers in ROH and CZW could suffer.

ChUnK!

Guest Andy
Corey is probably refering to CZW and ROH as "other US indy feds". And thats fair enough as they are the two biggest indy promotions next to XPW.

How many wrestlers can you name that currently work for XPW AND ROH/CZW?

Therefore, if you wrestle for XPW, the chances of you wrestling for one of the other major indy promotions is slim. Add to that the fact that Fleisch, Storm and Williams are from the UK, and where starting to break into CZW and ROH. It is highly unlikely that other small time promotions will have the money to fly these three guys over to the states, and so there careers in ROH and CZW could suffer.

ChUnK!

Alex Shane addresses this in the new Shane's Shooting Gallery at the www.frontierwrestling.com news section.

Best wishes,

Andy

Is that shooting gallery number 5?

I checked a few days ago for the new one, but It was still on 4?

Ill have a look.

Cheers,

ChUnK!