TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kuyzer Soze

Any Classic rock fans?

Guest El Satanico
And Satanico: What are the only six Kiss songs that you can stand? Just curious.

Detroit Rock City

Deuce

Flaming Youth

Plaster Caster

Rock N Roll All Night

Strutter

So basically their most popular ones. Oh and I tried more of their stuff, but i just couldn't get into them.

Guest pochorenella

Good choices, Satanico. My personal favorite is "Detroit Rock City".

But as a true Kiss fan I would be at fault if I didn't strongly recommend stuff like "Black Diamond", "100,000 Years" or "Love Gun". Give them a try, man!

Guest Sassquatch

"War Machine" by KISS is by far my favorite song out of their selection.

At least Heyman and Co. had decent taste in music for entrance theme songs.

Guest saturnmark4life

Well I'd add most of dynasty and 'hard luck woman' to my list but I can't guarantee you'll like any of those...they could do no wrong in the 70's as far as I'm concerned....

Guest pochorenella
Well I'd add most of dynasty and 'hard luck woman' to my list but I can't guarantee you'll like any of those...they could do no wrong in the 70's as far as I'm concerned....

Saturn, while I agree with you that Kiss ruled the 70s, I can't really recommend Dynasty as a true-to-form classic Kiss album. Even though it was a huge seller worldwide, Double Platinum Top Ten album in the States with their biggest hit single up to that point, it really started Kiss ill-fated foray into poppish material, from which they had trouble bouncing back until the very underrated Creatures of the Night, which spawned "War Machine" (co-written by Bryan Adams and Jim Vallance), Taz(z)'s ECW theme that Sass was talking about.

If I wanted to recommend a Kiss album, my highest praise would go to Alive! and as far as studio albums, either their first one or Rock And Roll Over (yes, even over the classic Destroyer.) when the 70s era is concerned.

Guest CoreyLazarus416
Yeah man, Flight of Icarus..there's some brutal shit.

See, I know you're joking, but...

FLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!! ON YOUR WIIIIIIIIIIINGS!!!! LIKE AN EEEEEEEEEEEEAGLE!!!!!!

And I have to recommend "God Of Thunder" when it comes to KISS tunes. A live version is preferred, as the studio version found on Destroyer is somewhat less-than-pleasing.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Well, I suppose it would be better to fly on your wings like an eagle than it would to run for the hills.

I don't like Iron Maiden. There, I said it.

Guest saturnmark4life

Fair enough. I love 'em.

While we're on kiss, I realise that yeah, dynasty is not a classic in any sense, but neither is destroyer come to think of it. I think it's hugely overrated, with the s/t, dressed to kill and love gun slaughtering it. But yeah, 'Alive' is the place to go.

Guest kingkamala
I like all of the KISS albums.

Even the ones during KISS's Hairbands phase. Mah gawd man. I'm a KISS fan and KISS for the past twenty years has been hit or miss.

Here's a mini review of every KISS album from 1982 to now.

Creatures of The Night: Motherfucking hit. My 2nd favorite KISS album, features some awesome shite.

Lick It Up: Hit.

Animalize: Ehhh.......a little of both but more miss then hit.

Asylum: Miss

Crazy Nights: Miss, not only a miss but a stinking DUD. Kiss's worst probably.

Hot in the Shade: Miss.

Revenge: Heaviest Kiss Album ever. My 3rd favorite behind Destroyer. Definite hit.

Alive III: Better then Alive II, worse then Alive!. A hit

Carnival of Souls: Haven't heard it yet but KISS doing Grunge sounds really weird.

Psycho Circus: Miss.

Alive IV: Probably will never be released by this point but I've heard downloaded of the album of Kazaa. Pales in Comparison to Alive! and even Alive II and III.

C.O.T.N = Awesome stuff..

Lick It Up = even without the makeup KISS still rocks

Animalize = i like it

Asylum = Awesome, UH ALL NIGHT!

Crazy Nights = Good stuff, not as good as H.I.T.S, but this a "dud"?? are you crazy? "Good Girl, Gone Bad" & "Reason To Live" are my favorite ones off the CD, but come on..the worst kiss album dud is the elder and i love the elder to death

Hot in the Shade: very awesome stuff

Revenge: i agree, heavy stuff

Alive III = good on vcd

Carnival of Souls: heavier than revenge

Psycho Circus = cool

and yes Alive IV will probably never get released, but the stuff you probably heard on kazaa are the soundboards from Vancouver and that was just an off night, since they were going to use the soundboards from the meadowlands

Guest saturnmark4life

heh, I see no-one mentioned 'the elder'...I'd like to hear that one...

Guest Agent of Oblivion

As far as Kiss goes, I like playing Detroit Rock City as fast as I physically can on the bass. It's fun shit.

Guest pochorenella
Creatures of The Night: Motherfucking hit. My 2nd favorite KISS album, features some awesome shite

I hope you guys have the Remastered CD version of this album. It's the best sounding CD EEEEEEVEEER!

Bottom line for me: I LOVE Kiss any way you slice it, it's just that some albums I like more than others, but I do have a warm spot in my heart for the non-make-up, hair-band era Kiss (specially Revenge and Animalize).

Kiss rules in my book. The End.