TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vern Gagne

Stephanies Bombshell

Guest Jobber of the Week

I bet she announces that Mae Young is a SmackDown exclusive.

I can just see the Mae/Al necrophilia angle now...

Guest AndrewTS

I think so, too. Raw gets Austin. Rock has to go to the Rock's show.

Yeah, there's Taker too--but he doesn't draw. Although--FUCK, this means he's going to be stinking up Smackdown now.

Guest starvenger

Well, if both shows want Austin, perhaps they should take King Solomon's advice and split him in half... which probably would fall right in with WWE's current style of booking...

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Meltzer had an idea I liked where both shows would announce the Rock was coming back to their show...then when the Rock landed on one show over the other...the other would bust out Austin as a shocker.

That would have been cool...but I don't see it working the same way in reverse since we already knew the Rock would be back soon.

Guest Mulatto Heat
Yeah, there's Taker too--but he doesn't draw. Although--FUCK, this means he's going to be stinking up Smackdown now.

Don't fucking remind me. I could already tell by the way he was eliminated at the Rumble (by a fluke distraction) and the post-match crap with Brock that we're in for it....

Guest converge241

I think the better would be Rock cause that way everyone can argue over who is the bigger star etc.

It could be the whole "who will Austin sign with" deal like we saw with Steiner, HHH and still be effective though..

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I hope they don't run a "Who will Austin sign with" storyline. They just did one with Steiner. They did one with HHH on a ppv...and they did it with Austin when the split first happened!

Plus...he wouldn't even be able to appear on the shows to promote the angle.

Guest AndrewTS
Yeah, there's Taker too--but he doesn't draw.  Although--FUCK, this means he's going to be stinking up Smackdown now.

Don't fucking remind me. I could already tell by the way he was eliminated at the Rumble (by a fluke distraction) and the post-match crap with Brock that we're in for it....

Yeah, I saw the Rumble. The Brock/Angle match is going to be at WM. I guess in the meantime we might see Brock/Taker at No Way Out, maybe with the contendership on the line.

The event wasn't even over and looked like we already had a dud booked for the next PPV.

And no, the HIAC match wasn't very good in my opinion. The blood made that match.

Guest TheArchiteck
I hope they don't run a "Who will Austin sign with" storyline. They just did one with Steiner. They did one with HHH on a ppv...and they did it with Austin when the split first happened!

I hope they don't do that either. I felt it killed Stiener's heat and made his return less interested.

Guest Michael Joel Benoit

If its The Rock, since SmackDown! is taped, they could pipe in cheers if the crowd boos for The Rock.

Hopefully, they don't since I want Rock back as a heel.

Guest HartFan86

Whoa....I just thought of something....could the WWE be setting up Austin (Raw, Face) vs. Rock (SD, Heel) for Mania? Could be possible.

Oh, and if it is the Rock....bring him back as a heel. There's no way he's going to survive the Montreal crowd at No Way Out as some babyface. They are going to boo him the fuck out of the building. Same with HBK.

Guest Jobber of the Week
Whoa....I just thought of something....could the WWE be setting up Austin (Raw, Face) vs. Rock (SD, Heel) for Mania? Could be possible.

You know what the sad thing is? I almost puked at the thought of that, but then realized it's a good idea because it keeps them busy and doesn't interfere with Kurt, Benoit, Brock, RVD, Eddy, Booker, Edge, etc.

Then I just realized that instead of looking forward to a Rock/Austin match, I was only accepting it because I'd rather see new, fresher people instead. That's kind of sad, really. :(

But the fact is that Austin/Rock was done at WM15 with face Austin vs heel Rock. They switched roles at X7, even recalling the 15 match where Rock was unable to make Austin lie down with a dozen chairshots, this time having Austin deliver the chairshots and Rock refusing to say die.

The problem with Austin/Rock is they're only two guys, and thus the few combinations you can run that feud in have been exhausted. I wish they could work in some sort of Austin/Rock/HHH thing, to keep it fresh and keep him away from the same people I named above.

Guest Brian

That's what probably will happen. They're obviously heading to Bischoff/Austin vs. Vince/HHH, but where do they go after that? I guess if Jericho beats HBK he could look strong enough to take the title off Austin. They could turn RVD or Booker.