TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Agent_Bond34

NFL Draft 2003...

Guest Vern Gagne

What about trades? Lot's of rumors around here that the Vikings might trade down to save money. Can you trade your teams pick?

Guest bravesfan

I thought of doing that, though considering most of the posters have only 1 pick, what would be collateral?

Example: Why would ___ want to trade his better spot (say #18) in the draft to me, if I had nothing but my draft pick (#28) to give to him?

Maybe this cries for a two-round draft, but we need support on that idea.

Guest Vern Gagne

That's a good point about only 1 round. I wouldn't mind doing a 2nd round, but if no one else does, than I can just keep my pick.

Guest Tyler McClelland

Someone let me take the Steelers!

And if the Vikes would want a trade, the Steel-men would probably look into it... they want one of the top two corners in the draft, obviously.

Guest Vern Gagne
Someone let me take the Steelers!

And if the Vikes would want a trade, the Steel-men would probably look into it... they want one of the top two corners in the draft, obviously.

Sorry Steel-men if I'm going to trade down it wouldn't be the low a pick.

Guest Tyler McClelland

The Steelers would most definitely be willing to part with Jason Gildon and a 2nd round pick if trading down were an option. But, it'd be a draft time thing; Trufant or Newman were still available when they pick.

I'd heavily shop Kordell, Jason Gildon, Jerome Bettis, or even higher (without the #2 pick, of course) for the right to pick one of those players.

Guest bravesfan

Teams still needing a representative:

Cardinals

Panthers

Seahawks

Rams

Chargers

Dolphins

Broncos

Colts

Falcons

Titans

And as I said before, if support for 2nd round is pretty substantial, we will implement it....

Guest the pinjockey

I don't know if anyone else feels this way but it might be a good idea to have an AIM chat running along side this so we don't have to waste post space with stuff like this:

Poster A: "Hey _____ what do you want for your pick"

Poster B: "Well how much are you willing to give"

Then a half dozen posts or so to finish the deal. Just leave the thread for picks and analysis.

Guest Vern Gagne

Actually how do you sign up for an AIM account. If that's how you do it than sorry for asking again.

Guest the pinjockey

just go to AOL.com and there should be a place somewhere to get a free version of instant messenger

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

If no one else wants the Raiders first pick, I'll do it as well.

Guest the pinjockey

I imagine we represent the team not the pick right? Since in some situations like the Eagles and Packers the Eagles are after the Packers in the first round but before them in the second if we do the two round deal. So I would get the Eagles picks not the no. 30 picks?

Guest bravesfan
I imagine we represent the team not the pick right? Since in some situations like the Eagles and Packers the Eagles are after the Packers in the first round but before them in the second if we do the two round deal. So I would get the Eagles picks not the no. 30 picks?

We'll represent the teams, not the picks. I'll try to get an updated version of the draft list in a bit...