TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ravenbomb

Soul Coughing

Guest Ravenbomb

Cartoon Network uses them sometimes for those music video things. They used the song 'Circles' and I had that stuck in my head so bad, so I downloaded it, and I still listen to it. They're not bad. Anybody else listen to them?

Guest The Amazing Rando

i saw that song on Cartoon Network...I thought the video was hilarious....

haven't heard anything else though

Guest IDrinkRatsMilk

Now, if I remember correctly, Soul Coughing did a song called Super Bon Bon. Pretty cool song. If that's them, then yes, I listen to them.

Guest Kinetic

You are correct, sir. From what I can gather, their first album is stellar and everything else is self-parody at best.

Guest The Electrifyer

I like Super Bon Bon. I first heard it on Gran Turismo and ever since then, I always associate Soul Couphing with GT.

Guest Incandenza

Heard of them. They had "Super Bon Bon" before Ricky Martin implored the world to "Shake Your Bon Bon." They're okay, but I've never been moved to get into them.

Guest evenflowDDT

I'm into Soul Coughing. Yes, they do rule. Sometimes they can cross the line into self-parody, where they seem either too obscure for their own good or that they're writing like that in a smart-alecky tone, but on the whole I like them a lot. Which makes it even more strange that the only album I own is their worst, El Oso, although that also has the aforementioned "Circles", one of their best songs (just so darn catchy, as opposed to most, which unlike that and "Super Bon Bon", really aren't). Too bad they broke up. I've been meaning to check out ex-front man Mark de li Antoni (or something like that's) solo album for a while now.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

The best thing I've heard out of Soul Coughing was singer M. Doughty's collaboration with BT, "Never Gonna Come Back Down." Fun bumpachuggaflasha dance song, with references abounding to "blonde English girls with ghetto names--I love that shit!"

Guest ShooterJay
Now, if I remember correctly, Soul Coughing did a song called Super Bon Bon. Pretty cool song. If that's them, then yes, I listen to them.

That was Danny Doring and Roadkill's theme in ECW, so that's how I know about them. Pretty good song.

Guest RepoMan

I got to meet Soul Coughing backstage in 99. Very Cool guys. I'd reconmend Irestibel Bliss, but El Olso has its moments, but nothing great.

My roommate has a 2 CD burned of Mike Doughty from Minneapolis I believe and it is pretty good stuff. He won't get big on his own, just fun bar stuff seemingly

Guest BifEverchad

That was Danny Doring and Roadkill's theme in ECW, so that's how I know about them. Pretty good song.

It was also MY entrance theme during my OAOAST stint...

:D

Guest T®ITEC

...And, sadly, the fact that Bif used it is why I know about "Super Bon Bon". He made me listen to it during my stint as his valet.

:rolleyes:

Still, Soul Coughing was a damn fine band.