TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest BoboBrazil

Another Old School Surprise Tonight!

Guest Kotzenjunge

Sure, it was okay at first, but it just got miserably bad. It seriously has me not ordering next week.

Guest Raven_Effect01

Seems as if NWA-TNA gets worse every week. If S.E.X. ends up winning over NWA-TNA in the end of the feud, more talking from Russo, more old has-beens and never-weres wrestling, and we don't see anymore quality wrestling like we did in 2002, then consider this yet another failed promotion. Damn you, Vince Russo.

I sure as hell hope a promotion like ROH can take its place, because WWE obviously still isn't doing so well, and we need an alternative to it that'll STAY an alternative to it.

Guest The Thread Killer

I still have faith in TNA, but this week's show was a misfire, no doubt.

That Pringle segment was one of the biggest train wrecks I've EVER seen in my 20 years of being a wrestling fan. What the hell was the POINT? Was it about Pringle? Nope. So why the hell was he out there? The Tenay-Schiavone confrontation was also an abortion.

As far as the actual wrestling, I don't know what surprised me more, the fact that the RnR Express were there, how bad they looked physically, or the fact that they actually wrestled a half decent match. Also, the New Church run in got a great pop.

I thought the Raven-Jarrett brawls were done well. Raven's promo was Raven Goodness in the opener, and the Jarrett attack was well done I thought.

I'm looking forward to Elix and Low Ki against New Church and Red against Siaki next week.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

This might not be too popular an opinion, but I think Siaki sucks ass in the ring and Red isn't the type of wrestler to carry him to anything watchable.

Oh, and that was some gut Gibson was sporting tonight, eh? I'd have thought those guys would have retired by now.

Siaki should not be X division talent. He doesn't have the style. I'm ok with him moving on to the heavyweight division, though.

I thought Tenay and Shiavone did a good job out there, very heated and everything although I could see how it would be boring to some other fans.

RnR Express surprised me...gave a pretty nice match. And Truth/Lynn...I see good stuff of this feud.

The show was not up to par to some shows in the past, it was ok.

Guest Tony149
If S.E.X. ends up winning over NWA-TNA in the end of the feud, more talking from Russo, more old has-beens and never-weres wrestling, and we don't see anymore quality wrestling like we did in 2002, then consider this yet another failed promotion.

This isn't RAW, guys. TNA is still young and their growing pains will have to happen on PPV. They aren't at the point like RAW is where you expect the shows to sucks. You can't expect a perfect show every week.

In a way it's kinda funny. People ask why WWE seems to hide its past, but when NWA-TNA brings up the history of the NWA, people ask why.

And I doubt S-E-X will win the war with the NWA.

Guest Jobber of the Week
In a way it's kinda funny. People ask why WWE seems to hide its past, but when NWA-TNA brings up the history of the NWA, people ask why.

The problem is that the NWA has been largely irrelevant for decades. There's a difference between the WWE paying homage to someone like Bruno Sammartino and NWA trying to put guys like Dusty Rhodes in the ring.

I've normally been staying away the past few weeks but reading recaps, as things like the Road Warriors (eew :throwup:) and the like don't interest me, but I decided to watch tonight.

Aye carumba! For the love of God, MORE Raven & Jarrett and LESS of the rest. Less vets showing us why, despite being fans, we DIDN'T want them coming back for another run. I blinked sometime over the past few months and Percy Pringle got absolutely tremendous. And Tony looks like hell since WCW folded.

This wasn't a "Wow, that's really bad" show, but more of a "What in the hell is going on here?" show.

It's funny that a promotion with a shirt slogan like "Evolution is the only solution" sees fit to stick old men in the deep dark twilights of their careers in the ring and keeps playing the game of "Who Am I? WCW Edition"

Guest Justwitty

I understand your point Jobber and I think in one respect, it is quite valid.

At the same time, I think it is necessary for what they are ultimately trying to accomplish and that is get a TV deal.

They need some recognizable faces, any successful company does. I'm all for building new stars and I think TNA does that beautifully. At the same time, variety is needed. More often than not, people enjoy seeing wrestlers they remember from their past. It's a wave of nostalgia.

But unlike the Hogan run, TNA isn't making these old-timers the focus or giving them the World Title. They are the side dish to the main course. Styles, Jarrett, Raven, Sanders, Truth, Lynn, Siaki, Red, Triple X, AMW...these are the guys getting the ring time and being relied on to sell tickets. The legends themselves aren't the attraction each week...it's the surprise of which legend it will be. There's a big difference there.

If they keep up the trend of tonight though, having the R n R Express in the ring and winning, if the legends start to go down that road....then you may have hit the nail right on the head. But for now, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say that's not what will be the norm.

Guest Jobber of the Week

I don't mind them being there (although I'm no fan whatsoever of the Road Warriors [just because I didn't like the gimmick] and Larry Zybzkzkksskskzko [because I can't stand the guy]) but the matches.. Dear lord the matches... Hold me.

Although I think Tony Schiavone ought to stay home (because we're really starting to drag in all this WCW dead weight, PLUS Tenay/West are fine as they are), Dusty Rhodes is a good addition. Except, seven years ago, even WCW was smart enough to use Dusty just as an announcer ("They be clubberin'!") The thought that he's actually going out there and putting on matches today is just.. Oh man.

Guest Justwitty

Oh man, if Dusty wrestles.....::::shudders:::: (At least I hope he would have the decency to wear jeans and a t-shirt)

As for Tony, it's my understand from reports that he is aligned with S.E.X. Should S.E.X. get a chance to put on their own show for a week or storm the broadcast for one match, I see him and Disco announcing rather than him joining West and Tenay. Just my guess based on reports.

I agree with you completely on the point that the old timers should probably stay out of matches or if they do go in matches, make them very short and designed to get a new guy over. (A new guy can lose while still getting over so it depends on how the match is written.)