TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Addy

Thinking of drinking and driving?

Guest CED Ordonez

I'd cry like a bitch too if I were that guy. That's one hell of a burden to see her as the damage you did for one stupid mistake.

Anybody know if she's still alive? That's got to be a mentally traumatic thing and there's no way that society as a whole would accept her in that condition. I'm hoping that the miracles of plastic surgery and facial reconstruction would be able to fix that because I'm not one for euthanasia. However, I won't lie; I would allow her to call Doc Kevorkian and look the other way in her case if plastic surgery wasn't an option.

Guest Vern Gagne

It flat out sucks. I"ll never wonder if there's a god. But I do wonder why this had to happen to this girl, she wasn't the one drinking, yet her life and her families life is ruined.

Guest IDrinkRatsMilk
I'm hoping that the miracles of plastic surgery and facial reconstruction would be able to fix that because I'm not one for euthanasia. However, I won't lie; I would allow her to call Doc Kevorkian and look the other way in her case if plastic surgery wasn't an option.

She looks better in the last shot than in the earlier ones. For one, she sort of has fingers, which she didn't before. There's some skin grafted over her left eye, which probably means they're growing her another eyelid. She looks happier even. I'd say there's hope for her yet.

Guest Vitamin X

She was pretty damn cute before the accident occured.

In all honesty, I'm eating a salisbury steak TV dinenr and Spaghetti O's with meatballs and just kept on eating through reading the whole webpage. I've never been one to attach viewing an image with it affecting me physically or emotionally, and quite frankly never will be.

For me, it does nothing to deter from drinking and driving, because the poor girl wasn't drinking or anything. Yes she was hit by a drunk driver, but shit happens in life. He could just be a terrible driver even without the alcohol, and on top of it all, things happen for a reason. I am a very strong believer in that fate plays a part in everyone's life and that the girl must have done something equally cruel to someone to deserve that fate. What it is, we will never know, but it must have been terrible considering that she was spared death to live in that condition. Same with the man who was drunk driving. It will live on his conscious forever, haunting him to the day he dies.

The truth is, it's difficult to NOT feel sympathy for someone whose life has changed so dramatically, but in feeling that sympathy, even more people lose sight of the greater matter in this case, which is the lesson that if you do something which affects others it just might affect you in return.

Guest Vitamin X

My point is that I don't care, but it's just oh well shit that happens, you know?

Nothing to affect me or change my opinion of drunk driving in any way, shape, or form. It's already a stupid idea in concept, to put it in practice and so frequently as is done in today's society just goes to show a lot more that a couple disgusting images can shake a person more than how outright stupid it is to do, and how little control one possesses over themselves in that regard. (to being able to know when to drive or not)

Guest IDrinkRatsMilk

And a fine point it is (except the part about fate, I think that's kinda... well, I just don't agree). But then, it's a few pictures of a girl that got burned up that says "Don't drink and drive or this will happen." And maybe half of the people here were disgusted by the pictures. The rest just said "Wouldn't want that to be me.", or if they're less selfish... I don't know, their mom or something.

Guest C.H.U.D.
Wow, makes me think different when I drive drunk because I do it all the time. However, the reason people crash is because they drive too fast when they are drunk, or they fall asleep behind the wheel. If you are careful when you drive, you will be fine. Unless you are SHIT faced, then you shouldn't drive at all, but that is a different story.

Wow, that's one of the dumbest things I have ever read. Can't say I'll feel sorry for you when you get fucked up in an accident or end up in jail for running someone over.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

I'm not even bothering clicking on the page. I know enough to not drink and drive, or even get in the car with a driver whose drunk. I've lost a friend to a drunk driving accident, and two of my sister's friends died in a drunk driving accident. No way in fucking hell am I next.

Guest Anglesault
. There's some skin grafted over her left eye, which probably means they're growing her another eyelid.

Oh mother of fuck. If it was that bad to begin with, there is no way I'm clicking it. I can't even comprehend what this poor girl must be going through.

Guest evilhomer

I've seen more disgusting things in my life, but that was definately the most disturbing. The fact that the girl was living through that trauma is what gets to me the most.

The way they set up the photos of a beautiful, life loving girl to the horribly disfigured girl really makes you realize the potential consequences. Of course you will get assclowns who will laugh at them while their finishing off their six pack before heading off to the bar to share the "humour" with their buddies, but it was set up in a way that would be decision altering to those who still possess a sense of human decency.

Personally I made a decision long ago to not drive drunk number one because I do have some fucking intelligence, but also when my best friend was killed by a drunk driver. Something like this just drives the point home further.

Driving after drinking and or drunk is probably the worst habit I have, now when I drink the heaviest I usually am at an overnight party or in my dorm room, but I have done my fair share of stupid driving (Cincinnati to Toledo without even realizing I didn't have shoes on). I think the problem with drunk drivers, (and again this is my perspective) is that alcohol tolerance goes into it. Would I blow over if pulled over? Yes, but I realize how much attention to detail I have to use to drive when in that state. Does that make it right? No absolutely not, because I do not just affect myself, but unfortunately its like something bad has to happen before that aura of invincibility is gone.

I think Mole has a valid point though in that most DUI's occur from an initial traffic violation of speeding.

The description of this girl will not dissuade me from drinking and driving as much as all of you speaking out against it, especially since many of you do not drink, and you are the people who are unfairly affected by those actions.

Guest godthedog
Driving after drinking and or drunk is probably the worst habit I have, now when I drink the heaviest I usually am at an overnight party or in my dorm room, but I have done my fair share of stupid driving (Cincinnati to Toledo without even realizing I didn't have shoes on). I think the problem with drunk drivers, (and again this is my perspective) is that alcohol tolerance goes into it. Would I blow over if pulled over? Yes, but I realize how much attention to detail I have to use to drive when in that state. Does that make it right? No absolutely not, because I do not just affect myself, but unfortunately its like something bad has to happen before that aura of invincibility is gone.

I think Mole has a valid point though in that most DUI's occur from an initial traffic violation of speeding.

The description of this girl will not dissuade me from drinking and driving as much as all of you speaking out against it, especially since many of you do not drink, and you are the people who are unfairly affected by those actions.

this sounds like you relied on the comments in the thread, and didn't click on the link. if so, i strongly suggest you click on it, especially if you drink & drive.

Oh my God. Somebody call Captain America, the Red Skull is back!

things like this are why i have so little faith in humanity.

No you're right I did not click on the link, but I do not think I will be phased by it too much, because I am too addicted to drinking, but I mean what I say about you guys having a positive effect on not drinking and driving based on your opinions, but if people think I should, I will check it out.

Guest godthedog

if you didn't think you'd be fazed by it, why did you not click on it? if you don't think it'll affect you, wouldn't the logic be "eh, i'll take a look at it, no big deal"?

Guest Anglesault
Oh my God. Somebody call Captain America, the Red Skull is back!

things like this are why i have so little faith in humanity.

I lost all faith a long time ago. You are a more patient man than I

Guest godthedog

well...i was pissed at the comment cause it completely disregards the fact that this girl is a human being, and not just some spectacle there to entertain us. so...in order to be pissed, there has to be some value in her being a person at all. if i had no faith in humanity, i wouldn't be able to give a shit. but i have just enough faith to get pissed off.

i'm having more and more trouble putting my thoughts into simple, readable terms. i read too much damn philosophy.

Guest evilhomer
Of course you will get assclowns who will laugh at them while their finishing off their six pack before heading off to the bar to share the "humour" with their buddies, but it was set up in a way that would be decision altering to those who still possess a sense of human decency.

Pardon me for quoting my own post, but the red skull dumbass is exactly the kind of assclown that I'd expect to do this.

I still have a shred of faith left in humanity, it is beaten battered and bruised, but every once in a while I catch an act of actual human decency and it props my faith back up for a little while.

Guest Downhome

I just clicked on this topic for the first time. It isn't I didn't want to click on the link inside this thread, just, I never bothered to even look into this thread period. Now that I have, here are my quick thoughts...

...let this be a reminder to everyone that drinks and drive. Not only do you risk killing YOURSELF, but more importantly in my eyes, you risk killing, or hurting someone very majorly, just like this poor girl. Risking your own life is one thing, if you want to be fucking stupid enough to do it. There just is NO excuse for putting innocent people at risk however. I don't know the statistics, but from the cases which I personally have either been involved in (friends, family, etc...) or cases I've heard about publicly, it's almost ALWAYS the person in the OTHER car that either ends up dead, or disabled for life, instead of the ass hole who was drinking.

To all of the drunk drivers who have either killed someone, or have had something like this happen to someone else, you better be glad that I am not in a posistion to punish you. I would show no mercy towards you, you would not deserve it.

My great aunt was killed by a drunk driver on a Sunday morning a few years ago, on her way to church...

...the drunk driver didn't have a scratch on him.

If this happened to me, I wouldn't wish to be dead. I would use myself as an example, my life would be forever changed, not only because of my disability, but also, it would have new meaning. I would be a living example of what can happen, and I would make myself known to the public.

I say a resounding FUCK YOU, to anyone who drinks and drives, for being a risk. Not for themselves, I really have no pity for anyone who willingly would do something so fucking stupid. My sympothy goes out to those who are the victoms, those who were not given the oppertunity to make a choice. Those people just like this young girl, and my great aunt.